North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 09 Dec 2014

(08 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm)marxistafozzski The pick of the North East ties has to be Sunderland v Leeds...

Not bad draws for Gateshead and Blyth, I would fancy Gateshead as an outside chance at The Hawthorns, although I cant see a Blyth win against Small Heath...

Sunderland v Leeds for television perhaps???

(08 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)Michael Brill draw! 

Glad Bylth and Gateshead got good draws, could be pay day for them!

1973 FA final all over again! Tongue

Fancy Blyth to be on telly again.
Gateshead will struggle to fill their allocation I think - as sad as it seems.
Can't see West Brom filling their parts of the ground either, particularly the way they are playing at the moment.

Would love to see them both go through, but I fancy Blyth's chances - especially with having home advantage.

Poyet was at Leeds for a spell as assistant to Dennis Wise.
He even said he wanted to manage them a few years ago... 
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/i-d-like-the-leeds-united-job-but-time-s-not-right-gus-poyet-1-4241428

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 09 Dec 2014

(09 Dec 2014, 12:22 pm)Andreos1 Fancy Blyth to be on telly again.
Gateshead will struggle to fill their allocation I think - as sad as it seems.
Can't see West Brom filling their parts of the ground either, particularly the way they are playing at the moment.

Would love to see them both go through, but I fancy Blyth's chances - especially with having home advantage.

Poyet was at Leeds for a spell as assistant to Dennis Wise.
He even said he wanted to manage them a few years ago... 
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/i-d-like-the-leeds-united-job-but-time-s-not-right-gus-poyet-1-4241428

Birmingham are having a bad season and West Brom is not the mouth watering tie they maybe wanted, but as I have already pointed out...REMEMBER LUTON

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 09 Dec 2014

Arsenal v. Hull City 
Southampton v. Ipswich Town 
Stoke City v.  Wrexham
Charlton Athletic v. Blackburn Rovers 
Aldershot/Rochdale v. Nottingham Forest 
Dover v. Crystal Palace 
AFC Wimbledon v. Liverpool 
Manchester City v. Sheffield Wednesday 
Blyth v. Birmingham City 
West Bromwich Albion v. Gateshead
Aston Villa v. Blackpool 
Rotherham United v. AFC Bournemouth 
Huddersfield Town v. Reading 
Oxford/Tranmere v. Swansea City 
Cardiff City v. Colchester United 
Bolton Wanderers v. Wigan Athletic 
Sunderland v. Leeds United 
Burnley v. Tottenham Hotspur 
Millwall v. Bradford City 
Derby County v. Southport 
Brentford v. Brighton & Hove Albion 
Fulham v. Wolverhampton Wanderers 
Leicester City v. Newcastle United 
Scunthorpe/Worcester v. Chesterfield/MK Dons? 
Everton v. West Ham United 
Cambridge/Mansfield v. Bury/Luton 
Chelsea v. Watford 
Barnsley/Chester v. Middlesbrough 
Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United 
Accrington/Yeovil v. Manchester United 
Preston North End v. Norwich City 
Doncaster Rovers v. Bristol City

The draw in full

Stand out ties are Liverpool v AFC Wimbledon, Yeovil/Accrington v Man Utd and Sunderland v Leeds...

I reckon Liverpool will be on the telly, the history with Old Wimbledon winning the cup will be mentioned a few times...Accrington v Man Utd could be a contender for TV...as could Sunderland v Leeds...

Gateshead would do well to get a draw, cant see WBA fancying a midweek trip to the Int'l Stadium

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 10 Dec 2014

Did anyone catch Ramseys cracker last night?
http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/7223221909078548

Caught it perfectly. Just like I did back in 93... Unfortunately the cameras weren't there to record it for posterity.

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 10 Dec 2014

(10 Dec 2014, 7:52 am)Andreos1 Did anyone catch Ramseys cracker last night?
http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/7223221909078548

Caught it perfectly. Just like I did back in 93... Unfortunately the cameras weren't there to record it for posterity.
One of the best goals I have ever seen mate...

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 13 Dec 2014

What does everyone think the scores will be this gameweek?

I think:
Burnley 0-1 Southampton
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Crystal Palace 2-3 Stoke
Leicester 0-3 Man City
Sunderland 0-1 West Ham
WBA 0-0 Aston Villa
Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool
Swansea 2-2 Spurs

Everton 2-0 QPR

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)Tom What does everyone think the scores will be this gameweek?

I think:
Burnley 0-1 Southampton
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Crystal Palace 2-3 Stoke
Leicester 0-3 Man City
Sunderland 0-1 West Ham
WBA 0-0 Aston Villa
Arsenal 2-0 Newcastle

Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool
Swansea 2-2 Spurs

Everton 2-0 QPR

For once I find myself agreeing with you...

I wonder if little Gus turns out for West Ham today

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2014

Apparently Pardew has been moaning, because he can't sign a keeper on loan - to cover Krul and Elliott.

Why doesn't he sign one on a short term free, like Roeder did with Pav?

It would have been around this time of the year, both Given and Harper were injured.
Pav was signed until the new year, sitting on the bench whilst a not fully fit Given started.

He ended up playing a couple of games and staying until the end of the season.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 11:58 am)Andreos1 Apparently Pardew has been moaning, because he can't sign a keeper on loan - to cover Krul and Elliott.

Why doesn't he sign one on a short term free, like Roeder did with Pav?

It would have been around this time of the year, both Given and Harper were injured.
Pav was signed until the new year, sitting on the bench whilst a not fully fit Given started.

He ended up playing a couple of games and staying until the end of the season.
I thought the rules allowed for clubs to sign Goalkeepers on Emergency Loan Deals outside the transfer window

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 12:58 pm)MrFozz I thought the rules allowed for clubs to sign Goalkeepers on Emergency Loan Deals outside the transfer window

Ye, he rejected the opportunity to do it 

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 13 Dec 2014

The Premier League have said we have too many fit keepers on the books.
Alnwick (21).
Darlow (on season long loan at Forest. Can't be recalled).
Woodman (17).

Darlow is the issue.
He is classed as a Newcastle player and if you have more than one fit professional keeper on your books, you can't have an emergency loan.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 13 Dec 2014

Burnley 0-3 Southampton
Chelsea 4-0 Hull
Crystal Palace 1-3 Stoke
Leicester 0-4 Man City
Sunderland 1-0 West Ham
WBA 1-0 Aston Villa
Arsenal 1-1 Newcastle
Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool
Swansea 2-0 Spurs
Everton 3-1 QPR

Also:
Middlesbrough currently winning 1-0 against Derby

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm)Andreos1 The Premier League have said we have too many fit keepers on the books.
Alnwick (21).
Darlow (on season long loan at Forest. Can't be recalled).
Woodman (17).

Darlow is the issue.
He is classed as a Newcastle player and if you have more than one fit professional keeper on your books, you can't have an emergency loan.

Then that would be Newcastles daft fault for not insisting on a recall clause in the loan contract...

Middlesbrough 2-0 Derby

Team news:

Sunderland : Pantilimon, Vergini, Brown, O'Shea, Reveillere, Cattermole, Johnson, Larsson, Gomez, Wickham, Altidore
Subs: Mannone, Coates, Bridcutt, Rodwell, Buckley, Alvarez, Fletcher

West Ham: Adrian, Jenkinson, Tomkins, Reid, Cresswell, Song, Kouyate, Nolan, Downing, Sakho, Carroll
Subs: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Collins, Amalfitano, Zarate, Valencia, Cole

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Malarkey - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 2:09 pm)Michael Middlesbrough 2-0 Derby

Team news:

Sunderland : Pantilimon, Vergini, Brown, O'Shea, Reveillere, Cattermole, Johnson, Larsson, Gomez, Wickham, Altidore
Subs: Mannone, Coates, Bridcutt, Rodwell, Buckley, Alvarez, Fletcher

West Ham: Adrian, Jenkinson, Tomkins, Reid, Cresswell, Song, Kouyate, Nolan, Downing, Sakho, Carroll
Subs: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Collins, Amalfitano, Zarate, Valencia, Cole

Ended 1-1, 10th League Game which has ended in a Draw now which to me is not good at all and also has myself wondering, should Poyet be given the Boot now before it is too late, I would say Yes for several reasons.

- Are we hard to Beat and Breakdown or do we just lack Creativity going forward into the final 3rd
- Why play Connor Wickham on the Wing, when you have Buckley and Alvarez on the Bench
- Why not play Connor Wickham upfront instead of that American piece of garbage named Jozy Altidore
- Why pay £10m for Jack Rodwell and have on the Bench every week, surely he is a Better Player than Larsson and Gomez
- Why persist on playing Oshea and Brown when we know there past there Best
- Why persist on using the same Formation each week, surely changing it may benefit the Team going forward in terms of Results

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 7:08 pm)Malarkey Ended 1-1, 10th League Game which has ended in a Draw now which to me is not good at all and also has myself wondering, should Poyet be given the Boot now before it is too late, I would say Yes for several reasons.

- Are we hard to Beat and Breakdown or do we just lack Creativity going forward into the final 3rd
- Why play Connor Wickham on the Wing, when you have Buckley and Alvarez on the Bench
- Why not play Connor Wickham upfront instead of that American piece of garbage named Jozy Altidore
- Why pay £10m for Jack Rodwell and have on the Bench every week, surely he is a Better Player than Larsson and Gomez
- Why persist on playing Oshea and Brown when we know there past there Best
- Why persist on using the same Formation each week, surely changing it may benefit the Team going forward in terms of Results

No...

How much would it cost to pay him off and who would you want in charge...

Give him to the end of thd season I say

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Malarkey - 13 Dec 2014

(13 Dec 2014, 7:15 pm)MrFozz No...

How much would it cost to pay him off and who would you want in charge...

Give him to the end of thd season I say

Not Much I think, I and by which time we would have drawn 20 Games and would be Relegated to the Championship.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 13 Dec 2014

Although we lost 4-1, the overall Newcastle performance (in some parts) was quite pleasing. At the end of last season, if we were 3-0 down to Arsenal we would have capitulated completely, so to see some fight and get back into it before their 4th goal was quite good to see. Disappointed that Janmaat is suspended for the Spurs game, but I'd rather him miss that than the derby

(13 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm)Malarkey Not Much I think, I and by which time we would have drawn 20 Games and would be Relegated to the Championship.

Dont think Sunderland will go down, but I do see where you are coming from though, if they have 20 points on the board by New Years that is normally a good sign...

But who replaces Poyet, a new guy will be stuck with the same shower of shite, and the January window will not be ample time for someone to leave there mark.

I actually like Poyet, he has had them playing decent football, unlike previous managers who played hoofball

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 14 Dec 2014

Liverpool are shit