North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Jan 2015

(01 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm)Andreos1 Stevie G has announced he is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season.
Looks like he is off to America.

If you have ever read Football and Gangsters by Graham Johnson, you will understand why he has never played for another Premier League team.
Never read said book...I am guessing it is because gangsters issued death threats to Gerrard in the past...

From what I seen so far, he is bound for the City of Angels...

I reckon Jordan Henderson will take over the captaincy

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 01 Jan 2015

It's a good book. Worth a read.
There are extracts online - but aye, about footballers, gangsters and threats.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Jan 2015

(01 Jan 2015, 11:13 pm)Andreos1 It's a good book. Worth a read.
There are extracts online - but aye, about footballers, gangsters and threats.
Was the threats something to do with the will he/won't he join Chelsea about 10 years ago, I seem to remember he was linked with them for years

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 02 Jan 2015

Part of them were. There were a few threats, with one set basically giving him ultimatums that meant he wouldn't join Chelsea.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 02 Jan 2015

I thought Stevie G would have done a Jamie Carragher by being a one club man...

For the last 15 years Stevie G has been Mr Liverpool, it will be weird not seeing play for the bin dippers

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 03 Jan 2015

One of my favourite weekends of the season...

FA Cup Third Round weekend...

Good luck to Gateshead and Blyth...

I think both Sunderland and Newcastle will get beat Sad

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 03 Jan 2015

As we knew already... Premier League: Crystal Palace confirm appointment of Alan Pardew as manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11706/9629880/premier-league-crystal-palace-confirm-appointment-of-alan-pardew-as-manager

Who would you Newcastle fans like to see take over?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 03 Jan 2015

The Spartans turning Birmingham over! 2-0.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 03 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm)aureolin The Spartans turning Birmingham over! 2-0.
Fuck me...

That would be a huge scalp...Come om Blyth...

Newcastle getting beat 1-0
Gateshead down 1-0 at West Bro

Blyth now 3-2 down

West Brom now 6-0, to go with Marcus' comments on his lack of football knowledge...Seems like Gateshead are being took back to School

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 03 Jan 2015

Shame for those travelling down to the Midlands for that. Just shows the gulf in class.

(03 Jan 2015, 4:51 pm)aureolin Shame for those travelling down to the Midlands for that. Just shows the gulf in class.
That it does, i must say,I never expectsd defeat to be that heavy

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 03 Jan 2015

On way back from West Brom now.

Believe it or not, Gateshead were absolutely tremendous.
Genuinely, the difference was the finishing. West Brom took their chances, Gateshead didn't.

Some of the touches, passing and movement from Gateshead was tremendous and for 42 mins, they took the p!ss out of West Brom.

Just for you lot, a photo of me in the away end.

.jpg
Twitteraf104d5.jpg
Size 309.55 KB / Downloads 18

(03 Jan 2015, 7:33 pm)Andreos1 On way back from West Brom now.

Genuinely, the difference was the finishing. West Brom took their chances, Gateshead didn't.

Some of the touches, passing and movement from Gateshead was tremendous and for 42 mins, they took the p!ss out of West Brom.

Where???

You gonna show us or is the game 'Find the picture to find Andreos' Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 03 Jan 2015

On way back from West Brom now.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 03 Jan 2015

Wheres Wally, The Fencehouses Edition Wink

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MurdnunoC - 03 Jan 2015

While Blyth and Gateshead undoubtedly put in sterling performances against higher ranked teams, Newcastle's efforts in the FA Cup leave a lot to be desired. Even listening to the match on the radio was hard work. It seemed neither Leicester nor Newcastle were 'in it to win it' and, given Ashley's attitude towards cup competitions, it was probably the result he wanted.

It is clear that supporters still cherish the FA Cup and, for some, a decent cup-run is just as important as an uninspired mid-table finish. To treat cup-competitions as an inconvenience is a slap in the face to fans. If certain Premier League clubs continue to treat cup-competitions in this manner, I believe the FA should be able to levy fines or impose sanctions.

I don't know how it would work, but it could give clubs a kick up the arse if their precious PL money was taken away from them.

(03 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm)MurdnunoC While Blyth and Gateshead undoubtedly put in sterling performances against higher ranked teams, Newcastle's efforts in the FA Cup leave a lot to be desired. Even listening to the match on the radio was hard work. It seemed neither Leicester nor Newcastle were 'in it to win it' and, given Ashley's attitude towards cup competitions, it was probably the result he wanted.

It is clear that supporters still cherish the FA Cup and, for some, a decent cup-run is just as important as an uninspired mid-table finish. To treat cup-competitions as an inconvenience is a slap in the face to fans. If certain Premier League clubs continue to treat cup-competitions in this manner, I believe the FA should be able to levy fines or impose sanctions.

I don't know how it would work, but it could give clubs a kick up the arse if their precious PL money was taken away from them.

Could League related prize money be taken from clubs, The Premier League have nothing to do with the organisation of the FA Cup.

What could happen, is take away prize money earned through a cup, place a bar on them getting a share of the gate in whichever round they blatantly field a weakened side, if they take no notice, then straight disqualification.

One thing the FA could offer, providing FIFA and UEFA agreed would be a Champions League Spot, that would possibly revitalise the interest of 2/3 of the Premier League.

I remember a rule years ago in some cup, teams were not allowed to field weakened sides and bar an injury crisis, had to pick at least 6 or 7 from the last league.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MurdnunoC - 03 Jan 2015

(03 Jan 2015, 11:30 pm)MrFozz Could League related prize money be taken from clubs, The Premier League have nothing to do with the organisation of the FA Cup.

What could happen, is take away prize money earned through a cup, place a bar on them getting a share of the gate in whichever round they blatantly field a weakened side, if they take no notice, then straight disqualification.

One thing the FA could offer, providing FIFA and UEFA agreed would be a Champions League Spot, that would possibly revitalise the interest of 2/3 of the Premier League.

I remember a rule years ago in some cup, teams were not allowed to field weakened sides and bar an injury crisis, had to pick at least 6 or 7 from the last league.

Not directly, no. However, all clubs (and leagues) are affiliated to the FA (and UEFA and FIFA) which means fines could be levied indirectly and sanctions imposed through some of the measures you've mentioned.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 03 Jan 2015

Fines and disqualification would maybe not bother some teams as it would be loose change to them, the way to really hurt top teams, I dont know what UEFA would think, is affect there prize funds from Europe, take the Group Match Share away from Utd, City or Chelsea and there left with a very lucrative hole in there finances.

The thing what bothers me, what is the true definition of a weakened team, I bet the Stiffs of the top 4 would do well in the Premier League and to enforce it, rules would need to be in place like what I mentioned before X amount of players from your last league game has to be named in the Cup game.

Another way to do it, would be cut the number of league games over Christmas, just play Boxing Day, with next game after being the 3rd Round Weekend