North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 23 Jan 2015

There was only 1,300 at West Brom.... So pretty much all of them

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 7:33 am)leestransportphotos There was only 1,300 at West Brom.... So pretty much all of them
Ah right...I thought more would have went to Birmingham that day mate given the ticket allocation you could have had.

My point still stands though about people who give Gateshead grief about being having no passion, the stats back that up...

I hope Gateshead go to the next level, there average this season is not too bad considering there next door neighbours are Newcastle, near neighbours to Sunderland and have to fight with Darlington, Whitley Bay, Blyth, Spennymoor for fans.

I really look forward to the day when a division contains Darlington, Gateshead and Hartlepool, hopefully League 2, but will settle for the Conference Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 23 Jan 2015

Them stats don't reflect the passion that the fans have. A lot of people seem to think we just sit their in silence, but the last two seasons have been wonderful in terms of chanting etc. Where about's did you get them from? Because last season our average was 998.

Personally I feel the 12/13 attendance of 502 is unbelievable considering we played our home games at Middlesbourgh, Boston, Blyth, York, Carlsile and Barrow.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 9:52 am)leestransportphotos Them stats don't reflect the passion that the fans have. A lot of people seem to think we just sit their in silence, but the last two seasons have been wonderful in terms of chanting etc. Where about's did you get them from? Because last season our average was 998.

Personally I feel the 12/13 attendance of 502 is unbelievable considering we played our home games at Middlesbourgh, Boston, Blyth, York, Carlsile and Barrow.

I will give you that, 12/13 was good considering the problems, those people who travelled to the arse end of nowhere are hardcore...

I got the stats from the football ground guide, I am guessing the figure is league games only, take off the Grimsby play off game and the figure is probably lower than the 998 you say, I will have a look about see if I can back up what I have found myself

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2015

The stats I provided above are for League Games, so the 8k for the Grimsby Play-Off game is not included...

You only had 2 League games last season were more than 1,000 turned out, v Luton(1,080) and Cambridge(2,916).

But I must say, fair play to Gateshead, not many clubs will be able to say they have increased attendances by around 50%, take the next step and who knows what could happen...I still reckon a new ground will cause a jump in attendance

What kind of attendances do Gateshead need to break-even, I know at Darlington, somewhere round 1,000 is our break-even point, but our attendance has dropped from 1300 to 1100 to just over 1000 this season...

check out non-League matters top 250 attendance table
[url=http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/global/attendances/[/url]

North East non-League is doing well with 5 teams in the top 100

20th Gateshead with 1,281
26th Darlington with 1,024
42nd Spennymoor with 624
66th Blyth with 449
94th Whitley Bay with 355

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 23 Jan 2015

Got to admit, the atmosphere has got better at Gateshead over the past few seasons, noticeably over the course of the last 12/18 months.

Historically, they have always lived in the shadows, it is only natural, given the clubs location and league situation.

If you compare the situation to other urban areas, like Manchester, West Yorkshire etc, you can see similar patterns. The more popular clubs are the ones in the higher echelons - Leeds, Bradford, Halifax. Man Utd, Man City, Stockport etc Newcastle, Sunderland, Gateshead.
It is similar in London too. In all four corners of the city.

(23 Jan 2015, 10:42 am)Andreos1 Got to admit, the atmosphere has got better at Gateshead over the past few seasons, noticeably over the course of the last 12/18 months.

Historically, they have always lived in the shadows, it is only natural, given the clubs location and league situation.

If you compare the situation to other urban areas, like Manchester, West Yorkshire etc, you can see similar patterns. The more popular clubs are the ones in the higher echelons - Leeds, Bradford, Halifax. Man Utd, Man City, Stockport etc Newcastle, Sunderland, Gateshead.
It is similar in London too. In all four corners of the city.
Here is a question Andreos...I am not looking for an argument or anything, just a bit of a history lesson...

In May everybody was raving on about Gatesheads 44 year absence from the League...

My question is this

Can the Gateshead we know today be considered to be the same Gateshead who dumped out of the League back in the 60's given what has gone since, going bust in the 70's and merging with South Shields(for the 2nd time) in the mid 70's...I was just wondering what people thought about it, or is it when people refer to the years out of the league, they refer to the Town of Gateshead rather than Gateshead Football Club...

Your thoughts please

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 23 Jan 2015

No idea, suppose everyone will have their own view.

Trying to think of similar examples and I suppose the most obvious one is Wimbledon or Darlington.
They ain't the same club in the sense that Newcastle or Sunderland are, but represent the people of Wimbledon or Darlington.

Reckon you could compare it loosely to some bands. Totally different, in all but name. 

(23 Jan 2015, 10:56 am)Andreos1 No idea, suppose everyone will have their own view.

Trying to think of similar examples and I suppose the most obvious one is Wimbledon or Darlington.
They ain't the same club in the sense that Newcastle or Sunderland are, but represent the people of Wimbledon or Darlington.

Reckon you could compare it loosely to some bands. Totally different, in all but name.
Wimbledon is a thorny issue, most football fans will universally agree AFC Wimbledon are spirit of the old Wimbledon, Milton Keynes can claim to be as well, though for there supporters club to be accepted by the FSF they had to relinquish all ties to Wimbledon and hand all of Wimbledons honours back to Merton Borough Council. And for a short time, there were 2 teams named Wimbledon playing at the same time, till the former Wimbledon changed to MK Dons

Darlington, is aslo, amongst fans is a thorny issue, we could not agree a CVA to come out of admin, the old chairman would not give the golden share back, no golden share, no play football basically, and that is why Darlington are seen as a new club...

A good example at the moment would probably be Scarborough Athletic or Spennymoor Town, I dont think Scarborough claim the old clubs honours and Spennymoors history lies in Evenwood and dont hold onto Spenny Utd history as far as I am aware

Two recent examples also get me thinking(1 not so recent though), The Smoggies in 1986 and Leeds in 2007 Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 24 Jan 2015

Today Gateshead travel to North Wales to face fellow conference side Wrexham later today. In their last meeting, The Heed ran out 3-0 winners at the Racecourse with goals from Marcus Maddison, Jon Shaw and Jamie Chandler.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 8:50 am)leestransportphotos Today Gateshead travel to North Wales to face fellow conference side Wrexham later today. In their last meeting, The Heed ran out 3-0 winners at the Racecourse with goals from Marcus Maddison, Jon Shaw and Jamie Chandler.
I normally nick Jamie Chandler if I play as a lower league side on Football Manager...Him and Rob Ramshaw are good on the game...

Here is hoping for a good result

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Kuyoyo - 24 Jan 2015

So, Manchester United are the only team in the Premier League top four still in with a chance to go into the fifth round of the FA Cup - who saw Bradford beating Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge? Of course, there is still a Chelsea-signed player in the tournament - he's Patrick Bamford, the guy who scored the opener in Middlesbrough's 2-0 victory at the Eithad.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 24 Jan 2015

LETS ALL LAUGH AT CHELSEA AND MAN CITY

HAHAHA

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Y961 XBU - 25 Jan 2015

Bolton and Liverpools Game ended 0-0 at Anfield so theres always a chance Bolton might knock them out!

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 12:04 pm)Y961 XBU Bolton and Liverpools Game ended 0-0 at Anfield so theres always a chance Bolton might knock them out!
Good luck to Bolton...Team I genuinely like and wish the best too, results over the weekend must give Bolton a lot of hope...

The same can be said for Fulham, who came away from The Stadium of Light with a 0-0 draw...

As much as I like Sunderland, I hope Fulham do something, I like to keep an eye on Fulham and there Centre Half Dan Burn, who used to play for Darlo Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 25 Jan 2015

So far today

Bristol City 0-0 West Ham - 2nd Half just kicked off
Aston Villa 0-0 Bournemouth - 6 minutes in.
Brighton v Arsenal (16:00 GMT)

I do hope Bristol City, Bournemouth and Brighton win!

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 26 Jan 2015

The Fifth Round Proper draw in full

1 Crystal Palace v Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers
2 Arsenal v Middlesbrough
3 Aston Villa v Leicester City
4 West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United
5 Bradford City v Sunderland or Fulham
6 Blackburn Rovers v Rochdale or Stoke City
7 Derby County v Reading
8 Preston North End or Sheffield United v Cambridge United or Manchester United.

Boro at Arsenal looks a tasty tie and if Sunderland can conquer Fulham, well Bradford away has banana skin written all over it, especially after Saturday at Stamford Bridge...I have a feeling the Bradford may be picked for TV

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 31 Jan 2015

My predication's for this weekend:

Hull v Newcastle – Hull win
Crystal Palace v Everton – Draw
Liverpool v West Ham – West Ham win
Man Utd v Leicester – Man u Win
Stoke v QPR – Draw
Sunderland v Burnley – Sunderland win
West Brom v Tottenham – Spurs Win
Chelsea v Man City – Man City
Arsenal v Aston Villa – Arsenal win
Southampton v Swansea – Southampton Win

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 31 Jan 2015

Hull v Newcastle – 1-1
Crystal Palace v Everton – 1-0
Liverpool v West Ham – 2-1
Man Utd v Leicester – 1-0
Stoke v QPR – 2-0
Sunderland v Burnley – 1-1
West Brom v Tottenham – 1-2
Chelsea v Man City – 3-1
Arsenal v Aston Villa – 2-0
Southampton v Swansea – 3-1

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 01 Feb 2015

Did anyone watch Aresnal v Aston Villa?

I thought Villa were absolutely horrific. The defending was pitiful, and I thought Gil/Sanchez were crap.

Bellerín for Arsenal was outstanding - he's only 19 or something, and he played outstandingly. Man of the Match in my opinion, as that finish was world class, although he didn't really have anything to defend as Aston Villa were shit.