North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 15 Feb 2015

Yes. But you are asking other teams to loose as well, some of the games coming up we have no chance of winning haha

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 15 Feb 2015

According to the BBC, the pitch at Bradford is ripping up really easy... I'm not sure how this is cup tie is gonna go!

Sunderland Team:

25 Mannone
02 Jones
05 Brown
16 O'Shea
03 van Aanholt
11 Johnson
07 Larsson
04 Bridcutt
20 Álvarez
09 Fletcher
19 Graham
Substitutes
01 Pantilimon
10 Wickham
14 Jordi Gómez
22 Coates
27 Vergini
39 Honeyman
42 Agnew

Bradford:
12 Williams
02 Darby
05 Davies
23 McArdle
03 Meredith
11 Knott
08 Liddle
10 Clarke
20 Morais
16 Stead
09 Hanson
Substitutes
06 Sheehan
13 Zoko
14 Yeates
15 Mackenzie
18 Routis
22 Urwin
25 Halliday

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 15 Feb 2015

1-0 Bradford... might as well not bother watching it.

2-0 Bradford... poor, Poyet needs to go.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 15 Feb 2015

(15 Feb 2015, 3:51 pm)Michael 2-0 Bradford... poor, Poyet needs to go.

That's a bit harsh. 

(15 Feb 2015, 3:55 pm)Tom That's a bit harsh. 

Negative tactic's once again, same as QPR, gave up supporting him. 

No doubt he will blame the pitch. 

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 15 Feb 2015

(15 Feb 2015, 3:57 pm)Michael Negative tactic's once again, same as QPR, gave up supporting him. 

No doubt he will blame the pitch. 
From what I read, the pitch is a disgrace and Sunderland will be entitled to moan about it...

After the last round it is all of a sudden not too humiliating or embarrasing to lose to Bradford...Just ask Jose Mourinho Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 15 Feb 2015

Arsenal 1-0 Middlesbrough

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - S813 FVK - 15 Feb 2015

now 2-0 to Arsenal

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 15 Feb 2015

(15 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm)Robert now 2-0 to Arsenal

Oliver Giroud with both goals

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 16 Feb 2015

Gus Poyet needs to grow up, he is claiming the media is turning fans heads against him

'Grow a set of bollocks Gustavo, not all fans are thick enough to have there heads turned by the press'

Just face it Gus, your team is shit...

I worry for Sunderland if they get relegated and fear they will struggle in The Championship

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 16 Feb 2015

Went to SJP to see the Youth Cup match. Plenty of drama and excitement, with Woodman saving a Chelsea penalty after a few mins.

Chelsea scored three times in extra time to win 3-0.

A couple of players stood out. Will tally names up with numbers and make my predictions of who will make the grade at some point tomorrow.

So far, my 'scouting' career at that level has successfully identified Michael Owen, Richard Cresswell and Jonjo Shelvey as stars of the future.
Will see if I can hit on lucky again.

12k turned up at the game, with the East Stand the only stand scheduled to be open.
The Leazes and Gallowgate corners were also opened to cope with the crowds.
The usual photo of yours truly has appeared (where I look like a dot), but wont bother uploading it as its been done before.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 16 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 11:50 pm)Andreos1 Went to SJP to see the Youth Cup match. Plenty of drama and excitement, with Woodman saving a Chelsea penalty after a few mins.

A couple of players stood out. Will tally names up with numbers and make my predictions of who will make the grade at some point tomorrow.

So far, my 'scouting' career at that level has successfully identified Michael Owen, Richard Cresswell and Jonjo Shelvey as stars of the future.

12k turned up at the game, with the East Stand the only stand scheduled to be open.
The usual photo of yours truly has appeared (where I look like a dot), but wont bother uploading it as its been done before.

He used to be class on Championship Manager 97/98 Big Grin

A lad I know would have made it at Newcastle had he been able to sort his self out when he has 17...Someone once described as the best thing since Paul Gascoigne

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 17 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 11:57 pm)MrFozz He used to be class on Championship Manager 97/98 Big Grin

A lad I know would have made it at Newcastle had he been able to sort his self out when he has 17...Someone once described as the best thing since Paul Gascoigne
Is that the lad who was sacked who lived over your way?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 12:12 am)Andreos1 Is that the lad who was sacked who lived over your way?
Yes, got binned in 1999 when he recieved a lifetime playing ban for taking drugs...From what I remember he was established in the youth team and was tipped for great things...

Nice lad, but he was his own worst enemy

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 12:18 am)MrFozz Yes, got binned in 1999 when he recieved a lifetime playing ban for taking drugs...From what I remember he was established in the youth team and was tipped for great things...

Nice lad, but he was his own worst enemy
Can remember the story well. Can't remember his name like.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 17 Feb 2015

(17 Feb 2015, 12:19 am)Andreos1 Can remember the story well. Can't remember his name like.
Anthony Parry

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HEROIN+DESTROYED+ME%3B+I've+been+a+fool,+says+Newcastle+ace+Anthony,...-a060445948

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/2011088.former_newcastle_hopeful_in_jail_after_heroin_found_in_raid/

He was a cracking footballer and ended up being the poster boy of what not to do...tipped to be the next Gazza, well he certainly did that in a way, but he never got to do it on the pitch Sad

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 20 Feb 2015

Sky Sports live Premier League fixtures in April:

Sat 4: Chelsea v Stoke City (5.30pm)

Sun 5: Burnley v Tottenham (1.30pm)

Sun 5: Sunderland v Newcastle (4pm) - 4pm... finally a late kick off!

Mon 6: Crystal Palace v Man City (8pm)

Sat 11: Burnley v Arsenal (5.30pm)

Sun 12: QPR v Chelsea (1.30pm)

Sun 12: Man Utd v Man City (4pm)

Mon 13: Liverpool v Newcastle (8pm)

Sat 18: Chelsea v Man Utd (5.30pm)

Sun 19: Man City v West Ham (1.30pm)

Sun 19: Newcastle v Tottenham (4pm)

Mon 20: Aston Villa v QPR (8pm)

Sat 25: Man City v Aston Villa (5.30pm)

Sun 26: Everton v Man Utd (1.30pm)

Sun 26: Arsenal v Chelsea (4pm)

Wed 29: Leicester v Chelsea (7.45pm)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm)Michael Sky Sports live Premier League fixtures in April:

Sat 4: Chelsea v Stoke City (5.30pm)

Sun 5: Burnley v Tottenham (1.30pm)

Sun 5: Sunderland v Newcastle (4pm) - 4pm... finally a late kick off!

Mon 6: Crystal Palace v Man City (8pm)

Sat 11: Burnley v Arsenal (5.30pm)

Sun 12: QPR v Chelsea (1.30pm)

Sun 12: Man Utd v Man City (4pm)

Mon 13: Liverpool v Newcastle (8pm)

Sat 18: Chelsea v Man Utd (5.30pm)

Sun 19: Man City v West Ham (1.30pm)

Sun 19: Newcastle v Tottenham (4pm)

Mon 20: Aston Villa v QPR (8pm)

Sat 25: Man City v Aston Villa (5.30pm)

Sun 26: Everton v Man Utd (1.30pm)

Sun 26: Arsenal v Chelsea (4pm)

Wed 29: Leicester v Chelsea (7.45pm)
Didn't know games were played Easter Sunday, always thought it was Good Friday/Easter Monday, biggest game of the season on a long weekend, potential for some serious piss ups...

I would have liked Sky to have shown it at 8pm on a Monday Night Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2015

(16 Feb 2015, 11:50 pm)Andreos1 Went to SJP to see the Youth Cup match. Plenty of drama and excitement, with Woodman saving a Chelsea penalty after a few mins.

Right - my tips for the top after the game last Monday.

Newcastle
* Freddie Woodman. Already established at the age group for England and has appeared on the first team bench a few times. Made some great stops, saved an early penalty in this game, saved a few in the shootout versus the Mackems.

* Jamie Cobain. Started as full back and moved into the middle as the game wore on. Looked to break down the line quite often, but needs to work on his first touch. If he can, I reckon he will make it.

* Adam Armstrong. Not sure on this one. Has pace, nice touches and a good finish - but lacks strength and height. Reminds me of Craig Bellamy in some aspects.

Chelsea
* Jay DaSilva. Reminded me of Dani Alves and not just cos he looked like him. Played left wing back and loved to get forward.

* Charlie Colkett. Played a simple game, sitting in front of the defenders. Picked up loose balls and spread them about with ease.

* Isiah Brown. Had an attitude on him, maybe an arrogance. Missed the early penalty but ran all day and had a nice touch. Scored a nice goal too.

There were others who stood out, but they were my picks of the game.