North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm)Andreos1 Right - my tips for the top after the game last Monday.

Newcastle
* Freddie Woodman. Already established at the age group for England and has appeared on the first team bench a few times. Made some great stops, saved an early penalty in this game, saved a few in the shootout versus the Mackems.

* Jamie Cobain. Started as full back and moved into the middle as the game wore on. Looked to break down the line quite often, but needs to work on his first touch. If he can, I reckon he will make it.

* Adam Armstrong. Not sure on this one. Has pace, nice touches and a good finish - but lacks strength and height. Reminds me of Craig Bellamy in some aspects.

Chelsea
* Jay DaSilva. Reminded me of Dani Alves and not just cos he looked like him. Played left wing back and loved to get forward.

* Charlie Colkett. Played a simple game, sitting in front of the defenders. Picked up loose balls and spread them about with ease.

* Isiah Brown. Had an attitude on him, maybe an arrogance. Missed the early penalty but ran all day and had a nice touch. Scored a nice goal too.

There were others who stood out, but they were my picks of the game.
I normally go for Adam Armstrong on Football Manager and Adam Campbell

Will keep my eyes open for the players you mentioned

#FPFfootballagency

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 1:21 pm)MrFozz I normally go for Adam Armstrong on Football Manager and Adam Campbell

Will keep my eyes open for the players you mentioned

#FPFfootballagency

Adam Campbell seems to have stagnated over the last few years, with loans not working out for whatever reason.
Banging them in for Gateshead at the mo.

Aye, they're my tips for the top!

The Chelsea players were much more comfortable on the ball than the Newcastle players - but in terms of work ethic and attitude, you couldn't fault the Newcastle lads.
There was an arrogance I didn't like, about the Chelsea players (including the ones playing for England - so team mates of Woodman and Armstrong), which seemed missing from Woodman and Armstrong.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 1:29 pm)Andreos1 Adam Campbell seems to have stagnated over the last few years, with loans not working out for whatever reason.
Banging them in for Gateshead at the mo.

Aye, they're my tips for the top!

The Chelsea players were much more comfortable on the ball than the Newcastle players - but in terms of work ethic and attitude, you couldn't fault the Newcastle lads.
There was an arrogance I didn't like, about the Chelsea players (including the ones playing for England - so team mates of Woodman and Armstrong), which seemed missing from Woodman and Armstrong.
I dont mind a bit arrogance especially when a person can back it up...

what I hate is cockiness Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 1:35 pm)MrFozz I dont mind a bit arrogance especially when a person can back it up...

what I hate is cockiness Big Grin

Whey they had that too!
In buckets.

You would have been foaming at the mouth, seeing this lot!

(20 Feb 2015, 1:40 pm)Andreos1 Whey they had that too!
In buckets.

You would have been foaming at the mouth, seeing this lot!
was it like 'We play for Chelsea, who the fuck are you' kind of arrogance

(20 Feb 2015, 1:43 pm)MrFozz was it like 'We play for Chelsea, who the fuck are you' kind of arrogance

It was and bearing in mind, some of them are international team mates - they're obviously just as talented/equal to the Newcastle players.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 20 Feb 2015

Well the Chelsea kids have a good mentor for arrogance...

Mr Mourinho is quite arrogant at times...

I loved his first press conference in 2004 when asked if he thought if he was the special one he simply answered something like 'I have just won the champions league, So yes, I would say I am the Special One...

Brian Clough was another arrogant man...But both Clough and Mourinho get away with it because they back up what they claim Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 20 Feb 2015

Well, my predictions for tomorrow are:

Aston Villa 0-0 Stoke
Chelsea 3-0 Burnley
Crystal Palace 1-2 Arsenal
Hull 2-0 QPR
Sunderland 2-3 West Brom
Swansea 0-2 Man United
Man City 4-1 Newcastle

Tottenham 1-0 West Ham
Everton 3-0 Leicester
Southampton 0-0 Liverpool

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 20 Feb 2015

Just had a thought, why don't we turn the predictions into a little game?

1 point for getting the correct result (ie draw, win, loss), and 3 points for getting a perfect score.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 20 Feb 2015

Anybody want to make predictions as to who will go down this year? 
Seriously tight down there at the minute, only the 6 points separating Everton in 12th to Burnley in 19th

I think it'll be something like this :
18th Aston Villa -Really can't see them sorting it out 
19th QPR- Just seem to lack quality 
20th Leicester -Again I just can't see them sorting it

(14 Feb 2015, 2:00 pm)MrFozz Now we are coming to the end of the season, what are peoples predictions for promotion/relegation

Premier League

Chelsea to win it

Leicester, QPR, Villa to go down

Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Brentford to come up from the Champion

Hartlepool probably go down, Gateshead will struggle to make the play offs this season...

Blyth and Whitby will stay where they arw and Darlo hopefully will join Whitby and Blyth Big Grin

Liverpool or Man Utd to win the Cup Big Grin

I hope I dont look a complete tit(does not really take much ) in 4 months when the season is over and I get everything wrong

EDIT: I have changed my mind about Brentford and predicting Derby County instead

(20 Feb 2015, 10:57 pm)mb134 Anybody want to make predictions as to who will go down this year? 
Seriously tight down there at the minute, only the 6 points separating Everton in 12th to Burnley in 19th

I quoted one of my posts from last week at the top of this reply

I said exactly the same Leicester, Villa QPR for the drop...

I would not count out Sunderland just yet, they are playing crap at the moment

(20 Feb 2015, 10:57 pm)mb134 Anybody want to make predictions as to who will go down this year? 

Yeah it's touch and go.

Leicester I think are going down - They've also got some very tough fixtures, with Everton, Spurs and Man City coming up. But ultimately, I think the decider will be the game against Hull. If they can't get a point out of that, and bearing in mind that Hull have got a great run of the fixtures, the gap will be far to big to close at the bottom, and that'll be it for them.

QPR could well stay up if they can get a couple of points away, but if they do I reckon it will be by the skin[Image: arrow-10x10.png] of their teeth. Not a easy run of fixtures coming up either for them, with Hull away, three London derbies in a row, two at home to Arsenal and Spurs, and one away at Palace. The ones at home QPR could well get a couple of points out of. 

I really like Burnley, one of my favourite teams in the Premier League. Sadly, I really can't see them staying up. They have a really tough run of fixtures up until gameweek 34 (Chelsea, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton (away), Swansea, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal (home). They can probably get a couple of points out of them, but in my opinion, not enough to save themselves. The last four gameweeks will be the decider I think for Burnley. 

Hull, West Brom and Aston Villa will stay up I think. A great run of fixtures coming up for them, which will probably get them out of the relegation zone. They are safe I think.

Now we come to Sunderland. I think they will stay up, but will finish 17th. Not doing to well at the minute, but I reckon they will get enough points to stay up.

So, I reckon the three teams that got promoted from the Championship last year will go back down...

----------------------

Now, who does everyone think will get promoted from the Championship. I reckon:

Automatic play off places: Middlesbrough, Derby
Play off winner: Norwich

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 20 Feb 2015

(20 Feb 2015, 11:09 pm)MrFozz I quoted one of my posts from last week at the top of this reply

I said exactly the same Leicester, Villa QPR for the drop...

I would not count out Sunderland just yet, they are playing crap at the moment
Ah should've looked deeper, did try to see if anyone else had posted, so I could quote that, oh well Smile

Aye I would agree with the point about Sunderland, I reckon it'll be either them or Villa joining the other two. Was pretty hard to choose between them

(20 Feb 2015, 11:10 pm)Tom Yeah it's touch and go.

Leicester I think are going down - They've also got some very tough fixtures, with Everton, Spurs and Man City coming up. But ultimately, I think the decider will be the game against Hull. If they can't get a point out of that, and bearing in mind that Hull have got a great run of the fixtures, the gap will be far to big to close at the bottom, and that'll be it for them.

QPR could well stay up if they can get a couple of points away, but if they do I reckon it will be by the skin[Image: arrow-10x10.png] of their teeth. Not a easy run of fixtures coming up either for them, with Hull away, three London derbies in a row, two at home to Arsenal and Spurs, and one away at Palace. The ones at home QPR could well get a couple of points out of. 

I really like Burnley, one of my favourite teams in the Premier League. Sadly, I really can't see them staying up. They have a really tough run of fixtures up until gameweek 34 (Chelsea, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton (away), Swansea, Man City, Spurs, Arsenal (home). They can probably get a couple of points out of them, but in my opinion, not enough to save themselves. The last four gameweeks will be the decider I think for Burnley. 

Hull, West Brom and Aston Villa will stay up I think. A great run of fixtures coming up for them, which will probably get them out of the relegation zone. They are safe I think.

Now we come to Sunderland. I think they will stay up, but will finish 17th. Not doing to well at the minute, but I reckon they will get enough points to stay up.

So, I reckon the three teams that got promoted from the Championship last year will go back down...

----------------------

Now, who does everyone think will get promoted from the Championship. I reckon:

Automatic play off places: Middlesbrough, Derby
Play off winner: Norwich

Middlesbrough, Bournemouth and Derby I reckon

(20 Feb 2015, 11:12 pm)mb134 Ah should've looked deeper, did try to see if anyone else had posted, so I could quote that, oh well Smile

Aye I would agree with the point about Sunderland, I reckon it'll be either them or Villa joining the other two. Was pretty hard to choose between them

I reckon it'll be Burnley looking at the fixtures. Smile

(20 Feb 2015, 11:19 pm)Tom I reckon it'll be Burnley looking at the fixtures. Smile
In Sunderlands case I hope it is settled for them before the last game, they are playing Chelsea on the last day, If they anything out of that, I would be extremely worried

(20 Feb 2015, 11:21 pm)MrFozz In Sunderlands case I hope it is settled for them before the last game, they are playing Chelsea on the last day, If they anything out of that, I would be extremely worried

I reckon Sunderland will stay up like. Would be nice if Middlesbrough came up then we all have a extra derby. 

Bournemouth would be nice to come up too, and Brentford. 

(20 Feb 2015, 11:19 pm)Tom I reckon it'll be Burnley looking at the fixtures. Smile

I really like Burnley, and Sean Dyche, much prefer them to QPR, Villa, and Sunderland. 

Hope Villa do go down like, after their fans celebrated when they relegated us...

(20 Feb 2015, 11:22 pm)Tom I reckon Sunderland will stay up like. Would be nice if Middlesbrough came up then we all have a extra derby.

Bournemouth would be nice to come up too, and Brentford. 

Wash your mouth out boy...Middlesbrough is not, nor will it ever be a derby, nobody really cares about the smoggies and as this videos suggests, Boro are not thought of by anybody

[WHITE SMILING FACE]

I really like Burnley too.

But can't see them staying up, look at their fixtures...

[Image: j9psv6.png]