North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 10 Dec 2013

(10 Dec 2013, 6:51 pm)northtynelinks2 As far as i am aware it is all routes, i still cant get over the fact that i have seen 2 solo srs off route in 4 days of been in service!

Its better than having two sitting doing nothing in the depot, as there are two spare.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Dec 2013

(10 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm)mattdw92 Its better than having two sitting doing nothing in the depot, as there are two spare.

Didn't even know they had spares, i thought their PVR route was 12 not 10.
Silly me, haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 10 Dec 2013

(06 Dec 2013, 4:24 pm)northtynelinks2 649 is on the 15, 1st day in service and one is already off route!

What time was it on the 15, as Venture buses are scheduled to operate evening 15's

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 10 Dec 2013

(10 Dec 2013, 8:43 pm)busmanT What time was it on the 15, as Venture buses are scheduled to operate evening 15's

I saw it at about 15:25 at Lanchester Village Green.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 10 Dec 2013

(10 Dec 2013, 6:43 pm)randomdude Just a quick question, are any of you who have travelled on the venture solos aware of which routes have received next stop announcements? Is it all routes (inc. 689 etc.) or just the main routes such as V1,V2, V8?

Yes, they will, but there's loads of stops to record & its taking some time to do & they'll all get done - even the 689

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 11 Dec 2013

Has anybody got a list/photos of Vehciles that GNE have bought/got second hand in the past, I know recently they are buying new, however time to time there are Citaros/Scanias etc avaiable on ensign, Especially when theyve sold buses to ensign before, Im surprised they havent considering buying as a better alternative to buying brand new 'Spares' Im assuming its most likely not finacially sound, But i always find it more interesting when a bus moves to a new company to see the changes they make to it.

I know there is 2 older Citaros on the cobalt clipper that are 2nd hand, arent they.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 11 Dec 2013

(11 Dec 2013, 2:42 pm)Ely1992 Has anybody got a list/photos of Vehciles that GNE have bought/got second hand in the past, I know recently they are buying new, however time to time there are Citaros/Scanias etc avaiable on ensign, Especially when theyve sold buses to ensign before, Im surprised they havent considering buying as a better alternative to buying brand new 'Spares' Im assuming its most likely not finacially sound, But i always find it more interesting when a bus moves to a new company to see the changes they make to it.

I know there is 2 older Citaros on the cobalt clipper that are 2nd hand, arent they.

The Cobalt Citaros came from Go South Coast in an exchange deal which saw 4 older Cadets go the other way.
Two other 2nd hand buses in the fleet are two MPD's 618/619 (recently moved to Peterlee) which entered from Redby Buses.
I'm sure there's others too....

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adam - 11 Dec 2013

8293 came when GNE took over Northumbria Buses

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 11 Dec 2013

Off memory the 2nd hand buses in service in the fleet at present are.......

618/619 - Ex Redby
3966-3983 - Ex Go-Ahead London
4989/4990 - Ex Ludlows
4991/4992 - Ex Anglian
5144-5150 - Ex Arriva Northumbria
5151-5171 - Ex Oxford Bus Company
5337/5338 - Ex Southern Vectis
5339/5341/5345/5347/5348 - Ex Go-Ahead London
6008-6042 - Ex Go-Ahead London
8289 - Ex Elcock Reisen
8293 - Ex Northumbria Coaches

That makes a total of 93 buses making up the second hand fleet.

For the record Arriva has around 75 which is due to increase.
Stagecoach has around 40 when all the Tridents are in service, but looks set to reduce as the Gas Buses are finally in service.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 11 Dec 2013

Speaking of Ensign Bus, They have a 2010 Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2 up for sale, if they have a few it could a good investment for GNE, And there is still some Ex Go Ahead London Omnideckers available also.

http://www.ensignbus.com/volvo-b9tl-2010.html

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 11 Dec 2013

(11 Dec 2013, 2:42 pm)Ely1992 Has anybody got a list/photos of Vehciles that GNE have bought/got second hand in the past, I know recently they are buying new, however time to time there are Citaros/Scanias etc avaiable on ensign, Especially when theyve sold buses to ensign before, Im surprised they havent considering buying as a better alternative to buying brand new 'Spares' Im assuming its most likely not finacially sound, But i always find it more interesting when a bus moves to a new company to see the changes they make to it.

As well as the current stock mentioned by Gary, other second hand aquisitions over the last 10-15 years, which have gone the journey - include the MPD's which came from Arriva at the same time as 5150 etc.
There was the Bluebird from Northumbria Coaches too.
There were the P & R reg Palatine Olympians which came North from London, deckers from Dublin and Nottingham, ex Arriva ECW and Palatine Olympians, the ex Ok Optare and Olympians, some Optare Spectra's from down South as well as a couple of Darts which arrived around the same time as 8289.

There will be many more such as the Marshall and Caetano bodied Darts and I'm sure others will be able to give more details (going from memory alone here).

(11 Dec 2013, 3:21 pm)Adam Malarkey Speaking of Ensign Bus, They have a 2010 Volvo B9TL Wright Gemini 2 up for sale, if they have a few it could a good investment for GNE, And there is still some Ex Go Ahead London Omnideckers available also.

http://www.ensignbus.com/volvo-b9tl-2010.html

Doesn't look like your WSS have gone anywhere yet either Wink.

Www.ensignbus.com/mini-pointer-dart-2003.html

edit. Just noticed this bad boy - not sure how long it will take to flog this mind www.ensignbus.com/daf-sb220-1998.html

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 11 Dec 2013

Got a list of GNE photos that I currently have online available here - http://www.gjm-photogenic.co.uk/095GNE_photolist.htm - shows vehicles with other companies before and after GNE.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 11 Dec 2013

(11 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm)andreos1 Doesn't look like your WSS have gone anywhere yet either Wink.

Www.ensignbus.com/mini-pointer-dart-2003.html

edit. Just noticed this bad boy - not sure how long it will take to flog this mind www.ensignbus.com/daf-sb220-1998.html

They'll be joined by the Former East Durham Examples soon I would think, I'm now even more baffled as to why GNE are getting rid of them, as they are DDA Compliant according to the information on Ensign. One or Two of the WSS MPD's are still hanging on at Washington Depot mind if anyone is wanting photos.

(11 Dec 2013, 3:55 pm)Adam Malarkey They'll be joined by the Former East Durham Examples soon I would think, I'm now even more baffled as to why GNE are getting rid of them, as they are DDA Compliant according to the information on Ensign. One or Two of the WSS MPD's are still hanging on at Washington Depot mind if anyone is wanting photos.

Who knows.
Maybe they are cutting their losses now, meaning they get a bigger buck now (and hard cash to help the cashflow when buying brand new vehicles), than keeping them for another year to sell.

Must admit to being puzzled when several of the original Chester Presidents were offloaded.
Presumably for similar reasons...

RE: Go North East - Latest - grandad - 11 Dec 2013

(10 Dec 2013, 6:43 pm)randomdude Just a quick question, are any of you who have travelled on the venture solos aware of which routes have received next stop announcements? Is it all routes (inc. 689 etc.) or just the main routes such as V1,V2, V8?

I traveled on the 689 on Monday towards Hexham and next-stop announcements were not working. It would be difficult to do because between Ebchester and the A695 into Hexham, there are no recognised stops. The service is 'hail and ride'.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 11 Dec 2013

Don't smaller buses such as MPDs have a shell life of 12 years?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coppercap40 - 11 Dec 2013

6006 looked to have broke down about 1500 this afternoon, it was standing empty with hazards flashing near the Cemetery Road stop.
Was on 5378 this afternoon and none of the announcements either visual or audio were working, all the ones I have been on so far show the stop as Leacondale Court when the actual street sign says Lecondale Court.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 11 Dec 2013

(11 Dec 2013, 4:45 pm)grandad I traveled on the 689 on Monday towards Hexham and next-stop announcements were not working. It would be difficult to do because between Ebchester and the A695 into Hexham, there are no recognised stops. The service is 'hail and ride'.

Venture next stop information will be coming soon........being recorded by Metro radio

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 11 Dec 2013

(11 Dec 2013, 3:55 pm)Adam Malarkey They'll be joined by the Former East Durham Examples soon I would think, I'm now even more baffled as to why GNE are getting rid of them, as they are DDA Compliant according to the information on Ensign. One or Two of the WSS MPD's are still hanging on at Washington Depot mind if anyone is wanting photos.

They are the oldest minibuses in the fleet, so obviously the vehicles to be withdrawn and sold.