North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 17 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 9:14 pm)northtynelinks2 I know, it has a lot more key places on the route and doesnt look as plain at the bottom, that will really spoil it, unless thats a advertising space, which i highly doubt.

There might be a very good reason why the branding is between decks.

The reason being is that it might be less of a headache to replace the branding if panels are damaged. Seen plenty of Fab 56s with half the branding missing on the sides due to panel replacement.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 18 Dec 2013

(17 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm)GMitchelhill There might be a very good reason why the branding is between decks.

The reason being is that it might be less of a headache to replace the branding if panels are damaged. Seen plenty of Fab 56s with half the branding missing on the sides due to panel replacement.

Spot on!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 18 Dec 2013

As for the Black Solars. How about another twist. Maybe it's a new branding for the 9 with the black being something to do with the Tunnel. Maybe Percy Main will be more happier putting Solars on the 9 rather then Omnicities with the Solars been slightly more reliable (howay look at how many B10BLEs end up on the 9).

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 18 Dec 2013

A person has told me that extras 9's maybe operated from Deptford so I'm not sure if branding would occur with it split depots. I do think, though with 7 PVR's both the 9 & 29 should be branded.

Maybe the Black Cat branding to make a return?

(18 Dec 2013, 12:10 am)GMitchelhill As for the Black Solars. How about another twist. Maybe it's a new branding for the 9 with the black being something to do with the Tunnel. Maybe Percy Main will be more happier putting Solars on the 9 rather then Omnicities with the Solars been slightly more reliable (howay look at how many B10BLEs end up on the 9).

Unless 5204 was painted like this too (which I'm doubtful of), there would only be five vehicles painted in this black base livery.
That wouldn't be enough vehicles for the earlier suggested "Fast Cats" replacement, nor would there be enough for anything to do with the 9 or 26 ('29').
The X30/X31 does have a PVR of 5 though, and I must admit my initial thoughts were leaning towards these services gaining a brand - perhaps "West Durham Swift" making a return, even!

The Centurion on the 9 is supposedly more so to do with the reliability of the "Coaster" branded vehicles.
The Northern Omnicity vehicles replace the similar "Coaster" branded vehicles which are VOR (has earlier been suggested it's owing to the transponders at Wrekenton?), leaving the 9 without its allocated vehicles. For reasons unknown, Percy Main seem to think it's more acceptable to allocate Lolynes (in addition to the two which are required for scholars) to the Centurion, and the B10BLEs to the 9.
God knows why though, but that's Percy Main logic for you right there... Branding out the window!

Think the allocation staff are still a bit wary putting deckers on the 9 after the Trident got deroofed at Percy Main after the vehicle finished on service 9 at Percy Main. Deckers used to be a more regular occurance on the 9, then after that happened, it's usually once in a blue moon.

(18 Dec 2013, 12:36 am)Dan Unless 5204 was painted like this too (which I'm doubtful of), there would only be five vehicles painted in this black base livery.
That wouldn't be enough vehicles for the earlier suggested "Fast Cats" replacement, nor would there be enough for anything to do with the 9 or 26 ('29').
The X30/X31 does have a PVR of 5 though, and I must admit my initial thoughts were leaning towards these services gaining a brand - perhaps "West Durham Swift" making a return, even!

The Centurion on the 9 is supposedly more so to do with the reliability of the "Coaster" branded vehicles.
The Northern Omnicity vehicles replace the similar "Coaster" branded vehicles which are VOR (has earlier been suggested it's owing to the transponders at Wrekenton?), leaving the 9 without its allocated vehicles. For reasons unknown, Percy Main seem to think it's more acceptable to allocate Lolynes (in addition to the two which are required for scholars) to the Centurion, and the B10BLEs to the 9.
God knows why though, but that's Percy Main logic for you right there... Branding out the window!

Certainly a lot of ifs and buts should be an interesting few weeks to see upcoming changes, transfers, possible new brands too!
I do remember us discussing the fact that possibly every single bus allocated to the 1 needs the transponders due to the way the timetable works, which causes 9 to be left as a bit of a 'What they have spare' route and as you point out why the 17 gets Lolynes as opposed to the 9 is beyond me.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rob - 18 Dec 2013

Are the Cobalt Clipper Mercedes destined for the X21?
Would downgrading the 9 (from an enthusiast's view) allow greater reliability?
Does the X30 and X31 operation require double decker operation?
Is the new operation, 29, to be branded?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 7:10 am)Rob Are the Cobalt Clipper Mercedes destined for the X21?

Maybe, unless plans have changed.

Like Dan i think the Omni's will now stay on the 9, going by changes on VOSA, looks like the proposed changes will go ahead.

Not sure of the X30/X31 - rarely see them to say anything.

I hope the 29 is branded.. same as 39, with the 29 using Scania's, 39 Versa's.. i hope.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Metrobus - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 12:48 am)CatsFast101 Certainly a lot of ifs and buts should be an interesting few weeks to see upcoming changes, transfers, possible new brands too!
I do remember us discussing the fact that possibly every single bus allocated to the 1 needs the transponders due to the way the timetable works, which causes 9 to be left as a bit of a 'What they have spare' route and as you point out why the 17 gets Lolynes as opposed to the 9 is beyond me.

(18 Dec 2013, 7:49 am)Michael Maybe, unless plans have changed.

Like Dan i think the Omni's will now stay on the 9, going by changes on VOSA, looks like the proposed changes will go ahead.

Not sure of the X30/X31 - rarely see them to say anything.

I hope the 29 is branded.. same as 39, with the 29 using Scania's, 39 Versa's.. i hope.

If 5204 goes black then maybe the rest of the ex-fab 56's could go onto the 29 in a black livery creating the 7 PVR, however, it is possible that maybe not all PVR will be branded as some boards reunite deckers due to interworking with scholars. Also where does this leave the WTX?! The service needs to become reliable or else it will fail!
As if this new 29 is branded then Deptford will have the 99/X36 as their only unbranded routes, I believe.

(18 Dec 2013, 7:10 am)Rob Are the Cobalt Clipper Mercedes destined for the X21?

Well I'm going to punt at maybe the Citaros aren't going to the X21 anymore?
The 9 appears to be keeping the Omnicitys?
X30/X31 may get Northern single buses? Red Scanias?
29 to be branded then?

4963 and 8263 have received rear adverts for "go!"
Believe more are to gain this advert which covers the rear window too.

Hey, CatsFast101... You can't say I didn't tell you not to count your chickens before they hatched, can you? ;)
As things stand presently (still plenty of time for yet another change to the plans), I think the answer to all of Rob's rhetorical questions is 'no', the answers of which have been hinted at plenty of times before the questions were asked earlier today.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 10:41 am)Dan 4963 and 8263 have received rear adverts for "go!"
Believe more are to gain this advert which covers the rear window too.

Hey, CatsFast101... You can't say I didn't tell you not to count your chickens before they hatched, can you? Wink
As things stand presently (still plenty of time for yet another change to the plans), I think the answer to all of Rob's rhetorical questions is 'no', the answers of which have been hinted at plenty of times before the questions were asked earlier today.

4965 (which I'm on now) has it as does 5201

(18 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm)tyresmoke 4965 (which I'm on now) has it as does 5201

As does 4935.

RE: Go North East - Latest - palatine3833 - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 12:36 am)Dan Unless 5204 was painted like this too (which I'm doubtful of), there would only be five vehicles painted in this black base livery.

If 5204-10 are all painted black, that would give them 6 vehicles in total.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 12:37 pm)palatine3833 If 5204-10 are all painted black, that would give them 6 vehicles in total.

"If" 5204-10 goes black then their might be replacements for the 6 branded fastcats already in service.

I still say that the 7 Cobalt clipper citaros will go onto the Laser as by the fleet allocation that their are 6 solars in the Laser fleet, which in turn the 35 series all citaros.

Too many ifs and buts at present.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 18 Dec 2013

Any Geminis on the 56, at my Grandparents arm, but going into Town to catch the Bus home, so may take a few photos

RE: Go North East - Latest - pdiddy - 18 Dec 2013

(18 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm)cbma06 "If" 5204-10 goes black then their might be replacements for the 6 branded fastcats already in service.

I still say that the 7 Cobalt clipper citaros will go onto the Laser as by the fleet allocation that their are 6 solars in the Laser fleet, which in turn the 35 series all citaros.

The 7 Seven Percy Main Mercs... 5331/3-8 are deffo going on the X21 at Crook. They will be painted at Merc (still under paint warranty) from 6th Jan, into midnight blue , same as the connect 4. Are will start on Jan 26th as X21s

(18 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm)cbma06 "If" 5204-10 goes black then their might be replacements for the 6 branded fastcats already in service.

Would they do that if the Laser was to be upgraded next year though?
If the vehicles were to carry the Laser livery, it would be a wasted repaint.
Surely somewhere that they will be comfortable on for a few years would be more appropriate?