North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Dec 2013

Go North East report Hills St, Gateshead, to be open again.
Expect fewer delays to services heading over the Tyne Bridge to Newcastle, and expect the X66 to start serving Centrelink in both directions again.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 20 Dec 2013

Just seen 5204 pass the wheatchef.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 20 Dec 2013

(20 Dec 2013, 10:53 am)JP6004 Fab 56 page on simplygo updated with picture of DD. Also engine efficiency updated to euro 5 kite mark

Yet the 'Crusader' Citaros are still Euro 2! Tongue

(20 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm)BJ10VUS Yet the 'Crusader' Citaros are still Euro 2! Tongue

Don't worry... The little timing thing still has a photograph of the Solar. Didn't complete the job perfectly!

3801 is back at Stanley today.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 20 Dec 2013

(20 Dec 2013, 10:53 am)JP6004 Fab 56 page on simplygo updated with picture of DD. Also engine efficiency updated to euro 5 kite mark

Without wanting to sound stupid here, I know very little about Vehicle Types and Models, I am still convinced the B10BLE is really called The BIBLE Big Grin lmao, and I know nothing about Engines and shit, what does the Euro Kite Mark i.e. Euro 4 and Euro 5 actuallly mean, is it do with the engine, i.e. how quiet and how clean the emissions are??? I dont really have the mind for stuff like that and most of it is beyond me, unlike some of you guys, so, I would be grateful if someone if someone could give me an idea how 'The Idiots Guide To Euro Kitemarking' works...

Many Thanks

(20 Dec 2013, 3:18 pm)fozzovmurton Without wanting to sound stupid here, I know very little about Vehicle Types and Models, I am still convinced the B10BLE is really called The BIBLE Big Grin lmao, and I know nothing about Engines and shit, what does the Euro Kite Mark i.e. Euro 4 and Euro 5 actuallly mean, is it do with the engine, i.e. how quiet and how clean the emissions are??? I dont really have the mind for stuff like that and most of it is beyond me, unlike some of you guys, so, I would be grateful if someone if someone could give me an idea how 'The Idiots Guide To Euro Kitemarking' works...

Many Thanks

I doubt anyone could explain it any better than Go North East has on their website:
http://www.simplygo.com/cleaner-engines/

(20 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm)Dan 3801 is back at Stanley today.

Back where it belongs :p, it should never come to Deptford!!, any idea why it was here?

(20 Dec 2013, 3:27 pm)Michael Back where it belongs :p, it should never come to Deptford!!, any idea why it was here?

Not a clue! I suspect citaro5284 would have told us if it was for its annual test like he did with the Waggonway.

(20 Dec 2013, 3:31 pm)Dan Not a clue! I suspect citaro5284 would have told us if it was for its annual test like he did with the Waggonway.

Might be =D

Has any more buses being painted or is that done untill January, where they will start again?

(20 Dec 2013, 3:36 pm)Michael Might be =D

Has any more buses being painted or is that done untill January, where they will start again?

A Cadet from Washington and an Omni from Percy have been repainted this week off memory - will confirm when I get home.

5205 was out in service today on 56s though.

(20 Dec 2013, 3:38 pm)Dan A Cadet from Washington and an Omni from Percy have been repainted this week off memory - will confirm when I get home.

5205 was out in service today on 56s though.

Np, =), Cheer's, will i be able to have a list of what buses need re-painting and branding, iv'e sort of lost track.
I seen a black Scania but wasn't sure if it was a Fast Cat's bus

(20 Dec 2013, 3:40 pm)Michael Np, =), Cheer's, will i be able to have a list of what buses need re-painting and branding, iv'e sort of lost track.
I seen a black Scania but wasn't sure if it was a Fast Cat's bus

I've been listing the vehicles yet to be repainted in the news recently, to make it easier for people keeping track of individual brand repaints.

So if you look at the news from Sunday, the same buses need to be repainted minus one Cadet from Washington and one Omni from Percy. I have the fleet numbers at home, so will be able to confirm which two vehicles when I get back.

(20 Dec 2013, 3:45 pm)Dan I've been listing the vehicles yet to be repainted in the news recently, to make it easier for people keeping track of individual brand repaints.

So if you look at the news from Sunday, the same buses need to be repainted minus one Cadet from Washington and one Omni from Percy. I have the fleet numbers at home, so will be able to confirm which two vehicles when I get back.

Ill take a look =)

http://www.simplygo.com/news/recording-legends-the-drifters-celebrate-14m-bus-investment

Recording legends The Drifters celebrate £14m bus investment

We have enlisted the help of recording icons, The Drifters, to help launch our new Drifter buses and to also celebrate £14m investment in 100 new vehicles - in our 100th year.

14m for over 100 buses - that't not bloody bad!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 20 Dec 2013

(20 Dec 2013, 12:12 pm)Dan Further evidence to support an upgrade for the X30/X31 services...

These comments were made after a vehicle broke down, and a woman had to wait approximately 45 minutes for the replacement vehicle to turn up - the Facebook post can be found here.

It need more than just an Upgrade in Vehicles, It needs a whole New Service Model in that Area by the sounds of it, Obviously 1 Bus an Hour isn't exactly Suitable is it in a Rural Area.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 20 Dec 2013

(20 Dec 2013, 6:53 pm)Adam Malarkey It need more than just an Upgrade in Vehicles, It needs a whole New Service Model in that Area by the sounds of it, Obviously 1 Bus an Hour isn't exactly Suitable is it in a Rural Area.

New Service Model.....are we going to get one of Adam's service suggestions. You have to remember, if the passengers are not there, maybe 1 an hour is enough!

(20 Dec 2013, 6:53 pm)Adam Malarkey It need more than just an Upgrade in Vehicles, It needs a whole New Service Model in that Area by the sounds of it, Obviously 1 Bus an Hour isn't exactly Suitable is it in a Rural Area.

I agree but not sure how they would change it (not from the area, don't know it well) maybe a try and increase it to every 30 mins... it might help?

If i remember well the Omnicity's didn't really cope with the route either.

Not sure what would they should use on it..

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 20 Dec 2013

I would suspect the currently hourly X30 / X31 would suffice during the day, maybe they could throw a couple of extras in at peak times to solve capacity issues? Its finding the resources to do that though...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 20 Dec 2013

(20 Dec 2013, 6:59 pm)Michael I agree but not sure how they would change it (not from the area, don't know it well) maybe a try and increase it to every 30 mins... it might help?

If i remember well the Omnicity's didn't really cope with the route either.

Not sure what would they should use on it..

From my observations the hourly frequency of both the X30 & X31 on their meandering thirty minute journeys between Lanchester and Stanley is quite sufficient for the loadings, as are the two buses per hour from Lanchester itself. It's at Stanley they get busy, but I can't see it getting anything new if it really needs deckers, although both X30/31 and the X70/71 to Consett do need better buses and branding - there was nothing wrong with West Durham Swift, so perhaps when they decide on vehicles they should go back to that.