North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 22 Dec 2013

(22 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm)CatsFast101 but more needs to be done to make sure this works GNE seem disinterested even though these services with wifi are there most important and profitable services!

I can assure you everything is been done to get the wifi working. You have not got a clue what is going on behind then scenes, do you really think GNE do not want the wifi not working. There is at least 3 companies involved and each one is working hard to get the issue resolved.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 22 Dec 2013

(22 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm)citaro5284 I can assure you everything is been done to get the wifi working. You have not got a clue what is going on behind then scenes, do you really think GNE do not want the wifi not working. There is at least 3 companies involved and each one is working hard to get the issue resolved.

I'm very glad to hear it. However as a passenger, we go to customer service and the Facebook team are quite unhelpful and demand fleet numbers when really it's every single bus that has no working wifi! Passengers are getting sick of the same standard 'What was the fleet number' line, it's about time customer service team for a few new lines to say instead of the same old one. If as you say, wifi is an issue GNE are trying to sort out with the other companies involved then they should make sure customer services know and a response along the lines of 'I'm very sorry about that. Issues with the wifi on our buses are currently being dealt with by our management and the companies involved. Did you manage to get the fleet number?' at least people will know that there is something trying to be done to resolve the issue.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 23 Dec 2013

Think the Free Wi-Fi is aimed mainly towards car users as opposed to passengers on other services.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 23 Dec 2013

(22 Dec 2013, 11:53 pm)ADLEnviro Obviously the FREE wifi is being used as a tool to try and keep customers or generate new ones from areas where they is other travel options.

Arriva say the introduction by Stagecoach of FREE wifi on there Killingworth services hasn't made a difference to there passenger numbers on this corridor.

Has GNE noticed a lift in passenger numbers switching from the train on the 10 group of services since the introduction of FREE wifi.

Well an example in my area is the 60/61. However, none of the 60's to my knowledge have working wifi yet, but I still can't imagine people letting the 61 go past and wait for a 60 because it has free wifi, I think it's a service which people think of as a bonus not a reason to travel.

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 23 Dec 2013

The WiFi seems to be a problem on certain routes while other routes have reliable WiFi. I have never had a problem connecting to WiFi on the tynedaleexpress and the data speed is very good. I have found the 21 WiFi connects about 60% of the time. I have never been able to connect to WiFi on the 4.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 10:04 am)GuyParkRoyal The WiFi seems to be a problem on certain routes while other routes have reliable WiFi. I have never had a problem connecting to WiFi on the tynedaleexpress and the data speed is very good. I have found the 21 WiFi connects about 60% of the time. I have never been able to connect to WiFi on the 4.

The Wi-Fi does not work on vehicles which were purchased this year.

It should work on all other vehicles (Red Arrows, Tyne Tees Xpress, Angel etc).

I find the "Tynedalexpress" Wi-Fi speeds vary depending on the vehicles. Some have "go-wifi" whilst others have "Moovbox" if I recall correctly. Off memory, it is the former which has the quicker speeds.
(23 Dec 2013, 9:49 am)CatsFast101 Well an example in my area is the 60/61. However, none of the 60's to my knowledge have working wifi yet, but I still can't imagine people letting the 61 go past and wait for a 60 because it has free wifi, I think it's a service which people think of as a bonus not a reason to travel.

They're not services which have competition. Taking the 61 over the 60 is not a big deal to GNE because the money goes to the same person at the end of the day!

Take Arriva's 308 and GNE's 309/310 though... Very similar services, very similar journey times... I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm inclined to suggest that Arriva's B5LH vehicles which are supposed to be allocated to service 308 do not have free Wi-Fi. Go North East services 309/310 will have free Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements and power sockets... To commuters (remember, GNE want fare paying passengers - not, oof.. I'll refrain from saying it!), which is the better service to travel on? Is it a bonus, or is it a reason to travel?

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 10:11 am)Dan The Wi-Fi does not work on vehicles which were purchased this year.

It should work on all other vehicles (Red Arrows, Tyne Tees Xpress, Angel etc).

I find the "Tynedalexpress" Wi-Fi speeds vary depending on the vehicles. Some have "go-wifi" whilst others have "Moovbox" if I recall correctly. Off memory, it is the former which has the quicker speeds.
They're not services which have competition. Taking the 61 over the 60 is not a big deal to GNE because the money goes to the same person at the end of the day!

Take Arriva's 308 and GNE's 309/310 though... Very similar services, very similar journey times... I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm inclined to suggest that Arriva's B5LH vehicles which are supposed to be allocated to service 308 do not have free Wi-Fi. Go North East services 309/310 will have free Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements and power sockets... To commuters (remember, GNE want fare paying passengers - not, oof.. I'll refrain from saying it!), which is the better service to travel on? Is it a bonus, or is it a reason to travel?

I just don't know if free wifi can alone be something which as a passenger makes me travel with a company. Price would be the thing to me, if ones cheaper then I'm mostly likely to do that one even if the other has wifi, only issue would be if let's say one service had an allocation of an Dart daily whilst the other had Citaros... But that's me a someone interested in buses.

(23 Dec 2013, 10:46 am)CatsFast101 I just don't know if free wifi can alone be something which as a passenger makes me travel with a company. Price would be the thing to me, if ones cheaper then I'm mostly likely to do that one even if the other has wifi, only issue would be if let's say one service had an allocation of an Dart daily whilst the other had Citaros... But that's me a someone interested in buses.

Admittedly price is another key factor, but I'd say that was bringing age into account as well. Younger employees - especially those who are still in education - are likely to take the cheapest option, and that will ultimately be down to other financial priorities in life over travel.
Looking at slightly older people - if, after work, you usually go out but wouldn't otherwise have time to charge your phone, would you choose the bus which you know should have power sockets or the one without? I imagine those who are slightly older will have less financial difficulties, and will be able to afford an extra quid or two per week/month to travel with greater benefits.

On a slightly different note...

A further 13 new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini for Fab56 and Cobalt Connect have been delivered, please see the fleet list for details of the fleet numbers and registration marks.
.png
B9 fleet.png
Size 18.57 KB / Downloads 38

MPDs 502: X502 WRG and 503: X503 WRG have been withdrawn from service at Peterlee.

MPDs 501, 510, 512, 515, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 532, 533 and 534 have been sold to Ensign Bus Co. and Citaro artics 5349, 5351, 5355 and 5356 to Optare Group Ltd.

---
Hey, I didn't know that the Cobalt Connect was getting brand new B9s... Must be a pretty big frequency increase to go with it too! Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 11:09 am)Dan On a slightly different note...

A further 13 new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini for Fab56 and Cobalt Connect have been delivered, please see the fleet list for details of the fleet numbers and registration marks.

MPDs 502: X502 WRG and 503: X503 WRG have been withdrawn from service at Peterlee.

MPDs 501, 510, 512, 515, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522, 523, 532, 533 and 534 have been sold to Ensign Bus Co. and Citaro artics 5349, 5351, 5355 and 5356 to Optare Group Ltd.

---
Hey, I didn't know that the Cobalt Connect was getting brand new B9s... Must be a pretty big frequency increase to go with it too! Wink

They updated that quick this morning!, the person who done it must want to get home for Christmas Tongue

i thought all 34 had arrived or have i counted them wrong.

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 23 Dec 2013

.pdf
Fleet_Allocation_Publication (2).pdf
Size 69.1 KB / Downloads 65
(23 Dec 2013, 11:09 am)Dan On a slightly different note...

---

according to the fleet allocation 4989-4992 are waggonway but still at deptford

(23 Dec 2013, 11:25 am)danpick according to the fleet allocation 4989-4992 are waggonway but still at deptford

8240 was supposedly sold quite some time ago, but it's still at Deptford!

RE: Go North East - Latest - DanPicken - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 11:26 am)Dan 8240 was supposedly sold quite some time ago, but it's still at Deptford!

not on the current one as of today

RE: Go North East - Latest - JP6004 - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 11:25 am)danpick according to the fleet allocation 4989-4992 are waggonway but still at deptford

Those are ex orbit scania and should be listed as prince bishops. It's been in slightly different colour since they were transferred to deptford

(23 Dec 2013, 11:29 am)danpick not on the current one as of today

Where's 8240?
.png
GNE_withdrawn.png
Size 19.77 KB / Downloads 25

(23 Dec 2013, 11:32 am)JP6004 Those are ex orbit scania and should be listed as prince bishops. It's been in slightly different colour since they were transferred to deptford

Ye, seems daft to why they haven't changed the colour for them, its also daft they haven't got rid of the Doxford Clipper tab and Washington Street shuttle tab on their fleet allocation because not one bus is branded in that now

(23 Dec 2013, 11:34 am)Dan Where's 8240?

Bottom of the sea i hope..

Go North East
A number of services are experiencing delays of 10 to 30 mins, particularly those that stop near Supermarkets due to increased queuing.

That's a new one... Glad i'm in my warm house Tongue

(23 Dec 2013, 11:42 am)Michael Bottom of the sea i hope..

Sorry to disappoint, Michael..!
But of course, it has been sold according to a previous update! Tongue

(23 Dec 2013, 11:42 am)Michael Go North East
A number of services are experiencing delays of 10 to 30 mins, particularly those that stop near Supermarkets due to increased queuing.

That's a new one... Glad i'm in my warm house Tongue

Gotta say that post by GNE made me smile! Tongue
Imagine the LOOP today!

(23 Dec 2013, 12:00 pm)Dan Sorry to disappoint, Michael..!
But of course, it has been sold according to a previous update! Tongue

I hope never to any of the SPD again when all of them are withdrawn!
------------------

Gotta say that post by GNE made me smile! Tongue
Imagine the LOOP today!

That's why i'm glad i'm in my warm house Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 23 Dec 2013

(23 Dec 2013, 11:04 am)Dan Admittedly price is another key factor, but I'd say that was bringing age into account as well. Younger employees - especially those who are still in education - are likely to take the cheapest option, and that will ultimately be down to other financial priorities in life over travel.
Looking at slightly older people - if, after work, you usually go out but wouldn't otherwise have time to charge your phone, would you choose the bus which you know should have power sockets or the one without? I imagine those who are slightly older will have less financial difficulties, and will be able to afford an extra quid or two per week/month to travel with greater benefits.

Have to admit to never taking my charger out with me on a night out mind Wink.
Maybe worth retrofitting sockets onto the x1 and 21 Gemini's...
I imagine quite a few people travel point to point and run out of charge on those journeys.

Whilst the wifi may be great for longer journeys or ones where signal is iffy, not sure of its worth on local services - particularly when a lot of the service providers chuck out a stack of data on all but a few of their packages.