North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:24 pm)Dan Deptford-based B9s: 6084 – 6100
Percy Main-based B9s: 6101 – 6117

=), cheer's thought they would be.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm)Adam Malarkey I didn't think much of it at first, until I seen the link Michael posted and then put 2 and 2 together, I also remember a few months back that said Author also tagged along for the Tynedale Xpress Launch also. One of the 3 Authors must work for GNE on the Promotional side of things otherwise they wouldn't be able to take the Photos that they have inside the Depot otherwise.

I'm expecting not to much to be said about this by other Enthusiasts as this trio are probably "Well Known" and "Respected" and it'll be given the good old shrug of the shoulder, whereas if these photos were taken by Myself or Bazza for example there would be uproar on the NEB Trespassing Thread about it. Seems to be one rule for one person and another rule for another person which is hardly fare really.

I'm well aware that one of the authors has several 'contacts' within Go North East management (he has told me that himself before), and I understand he takes publicity photographs for Go North East... What annoys me is the depot situation. As you say, if you had organised with a member of management to take photographs inside of the buses (regardless of whether it was for promotional purposes or not), there would be a huge uproar about it on every single platform. Hardly fair, and I really can't support it. Don't get me wrong, if it's promotion along the route of the service, I can't and wouldn't complain... When it's private property that all enthusiasts don't have access to - I start to have reason for complaint. It shows a clear divide between older and newer enthusiasts, and I imagine that the newer photographers won't feel 'appreciated' in the slightest.

"I respect Go North East management by not visiting depots and waiting until they launch the buses" - right...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm)R838PRG I heard the man behind that flikr is go north easts official photographer for new bus launches but is just a spotter that gets invited along and does not work for the company I think you all should ask company if you can do that too

That isn't a bad idea actually, it would certainly make the current divide between older and younger enthusiasts more fair and it would offer Enthusiasts a chance to come together more at these promotional events.

(04 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm)Liam Anyone for a sing song? http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-centenary-carol-service-sunday-8-december/

Are you allowed to go for the hot chocolate and cookies only?
Liam - you can even pose as a kid and get yourself a free selection box! Certainly wouldn't be difficult! Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:50 pm)Liam Anyone for a sing song? http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-centenary-carol-service-sunday-8-december/

If GNE promise to sing "I got the Key"....I'm in

(04 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Liam I think you'll qualify for the free selection box Wink
I will be lumped with a mince pie which some dude off the radio has spat on.

We certainly couldn't go together - height perspective y'know, they'd think I was your dad! Angel

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm)Liam I think you'll qualify for the free selection box Wink
I will be lumped with a mince pie which some dude off the radio has spat on.

Doubt it. Everyone over 11 is an adult without a valid key card. Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 04 Dec 2013

Claws away ladies.

As Official DAF Appreciation Officer I am appalled at this name calling

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 6:20 pm)gtomlinson Claws away ladies.

As Official DAF Appreciation Officer I am appalled at this name calling

Redundant role nowadays isn't it? Unless your hours have been cut to part time, and only when Soccerbus runs. Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - R838PRG - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 5:48 pm)Liam Official? Are you sure he doesn't just pester people, so they are forced give him something to do so they can actually get some work done in the office? Monday: Here's a photograph of the Drifter.
Tuesday: Here's a photograph of the Saltwell Park. PS. Any news for me? I am a very lonely man who still lives with his mum.
Wednesday: Here's a photograph of the Venture. I really don't have a life.

You get the drift

Same person does seem to be the one who has to have the "firsts" and his photos plastered everywhere - magazines, web and enthusiast publications.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 04 Dec 2013

Why don't they brand the 9 the centurion with diffrent buses bring back the red colour

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 4:34 pm)Michael Woo the FAB 56 decker's have started to arrive =D

Venture Solo SR's entering service this Sunday?

Venture Solo SR might be on the road on Friday morning, weather permitting

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 04 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 7:26 pm)aureolin Redundant role nowadays isn't it? Unless your hours have been cut to part time, and only when Soccerbus runs. Wink

Well, you know I've always championed the DAF as a vehicle Big Grin

Re - the exclusive photos. The interior shot of a B9. It looks to me like erm...well every other B9 in the fleet minus the luxury red leather (ahem) headrest.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 05 Dec 2013

505 still remains in use on north Tyne links

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 05 Dec 2013

(04 Dec 2013, 8:52 pm)gtomlinson Well, you know I've always championed the DAF as a vehicle Big Grin

Re - the exclusive photos. The interior shot of a B9. It looks to me like erm...well every other B9 in the fleet minus the luxury red leather (ahem) headrest.
Do you know if they have sockets?

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 05 Dec 2013

(05 Dec 2013, 9:14 am)Michael Do you know if they have sockets?

Actually, I don't. Can't imagine they would, same spec as Angel I'd guess at

Bit chaotic out there today. Redheugh Bridge now closed due to an overturned lorry (why the Police were letting lorries across the road during gale force winds is another matter)

(05 Dec 2013, 9:37 am)gtomlinson Actually, I don't. Can't imagine they would, same spec as Angel I'd guess at

Bit chaotic out there today. Redheugh Bridge now closed due to an overturned lorry (why the Police were letting lorries across the road during gale force winds is another matter)

I hope they do, then i can do my Uni work while on the bus haha =D

Also noticed at Park Lane theirs only 1 person who cleans the buses when they arrive, i think GNE should employ people for each service.

So 1 person cleans the Laser buses, 1 cleans the Prince Bishops etc.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 05 Dec 2013

(05 Dec 2013, 9:47 am)Michael I hope they do, then i can do my Uni work while on the bus haha =D

Also noticed at Park Lane theirs only 1 person who cleans the buses when they arrive, i think GNE should employ people for each service.

So 1 person cleans the Laser buses, 1 cleans the Prince Bishops etc.

How many services out of Park Lane are Gold Standard?
Pretty sure regular cleaning throughout the day is one of the Gold Standard promises.

If one guy is cleaning however many buses, the brush will be worn out in no time!

(05 Dec 2013, 10:06 am)andreos1 How many services out of Park Lane are Gold Standard?
Pretty sure regular cleaning throughout the day is one of the Gold Standard promises.

If one guy is cleaning however many buses, the brush will be worn out in no time!

Iv'e only ever seen 1 guy in Park lane with a brush, i think it would be a good idea for them to have 1 person allocated to a route to give the insides of the bus abit of a clean when they arrive.

Gold Standard i would say is Drifter,Laser, Simplicity?, Silver Arrows. He seems to regularly clean the Prince Bishops and FAB 56 Scanias, so can we include them.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 05 Dec 2013

(05 Dec 2013, 10:12 am)Michael Iv'e only ever seen 1 guy in Park lane with a brush, i think it would be a good idea for them to have 1 person allocated to a route to give the insides of the bus abit of a clean when they arrive.

Gold Standard i would say is Drifter,Laser, Simplicity?, Silver Arrows. He seems to regularly clean the Prince Bishops and FAB 56 Scanias, so can we include them.

Got images of him running around Park Lane like something off the Benny Hill show!

Without checking, guessing you are correct with the routes which are Gold Standard.