North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:12 pm)andreos1 Already put my tenner on the next North Sunderland changes being by the summer!
I initially said the next lot of changes would be announced today, but that one has been and gone Wink

Were still waiting for the new 29 timetable to be updated

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm)northtynelinks2 Lol, done a random search 'NL63 YAY' which I believe is red versa 5390 and it came up as been Orange. Big Grin

Bit naughty if that's the case! It only takes an officer of the law with an ANPR scanner and a bit too much time on their hands to want to make some further enquiries. Sad

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm)andreos1 Just having a tipple or two now.

Where has Fozz's bookies gone? Will stick a tenner on the 71 not staying in its current guise beyond the summer!

It is dying a slow death out there.

Will take that tenner off you ! Mind you, the evening journeys are still stone dead - not sure why the Fencehouses Massive moan about the lack of evening buses as the one's that are there don't seem to trouble the scorer.

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm)aureolin Bit naughty if that's the case! It only takes an officer of the law with an ANPR scanner and a bit too much time on their hands to want to make some further enquiries. Sad

Other mistakes I have found so far:
NK51 OLB (4940) still is recorded as been red
NL63 YAX (5389) is also recorded as been orange
and that's all I have found. So far anyway Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm)busman101 Will take that tenner off you ! Mind you, the evening journeys are still stone dead - not sure why the Fencehouses Massive moan about the lack of evening buses as the one's that are there don't seem to trouble the scorer.

Honestly?
It can't be paying its way between Houghton and Fencehouses during the day, cos of the other services that dominate and looking at it, its numbers seemed to drop on the route once it was curtailed (and buzzfare boundaries were changed) at Chester, in the other direction.

On an evening/night, I know people who have just given up on buses beyond 18.00 in the area and use taxi's/drive - when in the past, they used a bus.

On a personal level, if I ever end up through Fencehouses and I am not driving, it's always a taxi there and back once the runs start being reduced for the night - even from Durham and Newcastle railway stations, because of the chew on in getting to the bus stations, paying a fortune, changing and hanging about for upto an hour for a bus (which you need to pay extra for cos its a Compass run on a night).

Stopped using the tpx to Chester for that reason too - would hang around in York/Newcastle (depending on where I had been, just to get off at Chester and get the bus through to Fencehouses).

I aint the only one either.

Feeding the hubs in Chester and Houghton is all well and good - but not everyone lives in a town centre and not everyone likes waiting ages for a bus home.
So they look for an alternative.

RE: Go North East - Latest - minibus1474 - 08 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm)northtynelinks2 Other mistakes I have found so far:
NK51 OLB (4940) still is recorded as been red
NL63 YAX (5389) is also recorded as been orange
and that's all I have found. So far anyway Tongue

8319 NK11 FXB is shown as purple(now red)

5218 NK54 NVO is shown as Black(now green)

5165 T815 CBW is shown as yellow(now red)

5166 W816 FBW is shown as Blue(now yellow)

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 09 Jan 2014

What would you do with 71?. Maybe divert it via new lambton or extend up to hall lane via the old 141 route.
My plan would be to extend a half hourly 21a from chester to langley park, renumber the X25 as the 25 and extend it via the 71 route to houghton.

Yes i agree at most points during the day its quiet but it does have its busy runs and it does attract a good base of fare paying passengers between houghton and fence houses and lumley to chester.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 09 Jan 2014

This is what GNE should advertise when the Cobalt Clipper gets the B9's.

Ten reasons to use Service 309:
- Free Wi-Fi
- High Back Seating
- Power Sockets
- Powerful high quality diesel engined buses
- No congestion at Billy Mill
- No congestion at Norham Road
- No congestion at Silverlink
- Smarter Ticketing Options
- Operated by local North Tyneside Depot
- Only one operator ticket needed if travelling to the Metro Centre from North Tyneside and Newcastle

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 09 Jan 2014

I can confirm 6095 has now entered service - just left Park Lane.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 6:49 am)nk55 What would you do with 71?. Maybe divert it via new lambton or extend up to hall lane via the old 141 route.
My plan would be to extend a half hourly 21a from chester to langley park, renumber the X25 as the 25 and extend it via the 71 route to houghton.

Yes i agree at most points during the day its quiet but it does have its busy runs and it does attract a good base of fare paying passengers between houghton and fence houses and lumley to chester.

I would renumber it the 21a and send it to Newcastle, maybe extend it beyond Houghton to somewhere in County Durham (Dalton Park via Murton?).
It worked and carried a greater number of passengers prior to its cancellation and the introduction of the 71.

Simplifying the route between Chester and Newcastle has had its negatives. The 71 being one of them...

As for your idea, that re Langley Park and 25, that could work.
The short link between the hubs of Houghton and Chester, isn't working.
A through route or two could.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 10:00 am)andreos1 I would renumber it the 21a and send it to Newcastle, maybe extend it beyond Houghton to somewhere in County Durham (Dalton Park via Murton?).
It worked and carried a greater number of passengers prior to its cancellation and the introduction of the 71.

Simplifying the route between Chester and Newcastle has had its negatives. The 71 being one of them...

I'm not too familiar with the Washington villages etc. but is the 8 a vital link Chester-Hastings Hill? Like round Washington areas?
I was wondering about sending the 8 via Great Lumley, Fence Houses, Houghton, Stoneygate, A19, Hasting Hills then as 78. Buzzfare boundaries mean that people need a 3 zone to go Chester/Stanley on the 8, but only a 2 zone on the 78.
Other ideas I've had about putting the 71 to Seaham. Maybe to Dalton park too.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 10:00 am)andreos1 I would renumber it the 21a and send it to Newcastle, maybe extend it beyond Houghton to somewhere in County Durham (Dalton Park via Murton?).

hmmmmm...Interesting, but any service that came to Murton from Newcastle would be something that came through Washington...

However it would provide a link from East Durham to Chester-le-Street...

More importantly GNE may not entertain an idea that could see FPP militants being directly connected by bus to other militants in the East Durham area(sorry...my daft mind is going astray again, lol)

(09 Jan 2014, 10:41 am)fozzovmurton hmmmmm...Interesting, but any service that came to Murton from Newcastle would be something that came through Washington...

However it would provide a link from East Durham to Chester-le-Street...

More importantly GNE may not entertain an idea that could see FPP militants being directly connected by bus to other militants in the East Durham area(sorry...my daft mind is going astray again, lol)

Does it have to go via Washington or does tradition always dictate that?
After all, if it went via Hetton and Houghton, there is always the option of jumping on an x1 and 4...

As for the other point, a link to Chester and the world is your oyster!

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 7:27 am)Davey Bowyer This is what GNE should advertise when the Cobalt Clipper gets the B9's.

- Free Wi-Fi
- High Back Seating
- Power Sockets
- Only one operator ticket needed if travelling to the Metro Centre from North Tyneside and Newcastle

Only they can't go around making false claims about no congestion, as it's completely outside their control.

They could mention Wi-Fi, seating and power sockets, but the rest doesn't appeal to your average punter.

(09 Jan 2014, 10:40 am)CatsFast101 I'm not too familiar with the Washington villages etc. but is the 8 a vital link Chester-Hastings Hill? Like round Washington areas?
I was wondering about sending the 8 via Great Lumley, Fence Houses, Houghton, Stoneygate, A19, Hasting Hills then as 78. Buzzfare boundaries mean that people need a 3 zone to go Chester/Stanley on the 8, but only a 2 zone on the 78.
Other ideas I've had about putting the 71 to Seaham. Maybe to Dalton park too.

I think the 8 in Washington does two jobs - it gives Waterview Park a fast link to Washington and Sunderland and it maintains the link to the Galleries and Chester with the villages in southern Washington that were lost when the 179 and 180 (and 50 was diverted via mway) went.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 10:52 am)andreos1 Does it have to go via Washington or does tradition always dictate that?
After all, if it went via Hetton and Houghton, there is always the option of jumping on an x1 and 4...

As for the other point, a link to Chester and the world is your oyster!

I guess your right, it is tradition I am thinking about, but also the time it would take, well over an hour...but if it was a limited stop Express between Chester and Newcastle, that may be a whole different thing

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 09 Jan 2014

About 10 mins ago seen 2 Not In Service B9's heading towards hylton college way.. must be off to Deptford

Didnt get fleet numbers was on the 56 that was 5204, which is still branded.

(09 Jan 2014, 10:58 am)fozzovmurton I guess your right, it is tradition I am thinking about, but also the time it would take, well over an hour...but if it was a limited stop Express between Chester and Newcastle, that may be a whole different thing

Newcastle - Houghton is an hour (give or take a few mins) anyway on the x1 and was before then on the 21a and x94.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 7:27 am)Davey Bowyer This is what GNE should advertise when the Cobalt Clipper gets the B9's.

- Free Wi-Fi
- High Back Seating
- Power Sockets

Needs to emphasize "low emission engines" as people seem obsessed with exhaust fumes of buses - as they rush off to smoke their tab.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 09 Jan 2014

About time GNE put the new 29 timetable online isn't it? Plus the 39/49/56/10 timetables need to be put up!