North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm)CatsFast101 Hopefully something like 20/35 and not something like the 39/38!

They are red, they will go on anything that requires a bus and does not go under any low bridges to be honest

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 8:12 pm)CatsFast101 Good question regarding 3964's future, I wonder if it'll remain in it's current livery until they have some thing else to brand/paint it for?

Also, I'm according to fleet allocation 5204-5209 are all still fab56 which ones are now in black?

I imagine it will be kept in that livery until the next person comes along wanting to have it in a promotional livery.

5205 is the only Solar in black. I also reported 5207 to have gone for repaint the other day - not sure how long ago, but if it's been about half a week, it'll be back at Deptford in black now.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm)Michael Hopefully, have the annoying next stops being turned on yet?

They weren't on Saturday not sure about today though.
And yeah I know 5205-5209 are going into black just wasn't sure which ones had been done.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm)Michael Hopefully, have the annoying next stops being turned on yet?

Not yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 12:19 pm)grandad A couple of questions:

Was 'Red Kite' the first branded service?

Did it receive the first OmniCities?

In the original press release did it say 'travel in air-conditioned comfort'?

If Q2 is affirmed, would it be reasonable to expect that when the Omni's are cascaded, they will be replaced with new vehicles?

Sorry, that's for questions!

Red Kite wasn't branded till about 2007? I believe the first truly branded service would have been either the old Northern 'Mini LINK' buses, or the original X66 supershuttle branding. Of the modern day branding, I'd perhaps say the Red Arrows coaches? I may be well out with that info though. Wink

The OmniCities arrives in 2007.

Yes - Omnis were advertised as being air conditioned, but apparently it's very poor?

New vehicles? Who knows. Smile

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 12:19 pm)grandad A couple of questions:

Was 'Red Kite' the first branded service?

Did it receive the first OmniCities?

In the original press release did it say 'travel in air-conditioned comfort'?

If Q2 is affirmed, would it be reasonable to expect that when the Omni's are cascaded, they will be replaced with new vehicles?

Sorry, that's for questions!

Red Kite wasn't branded till about 2007? I believe the first truly branded service would have been either the old Northern 'Mini LINK' buses, or the original X66 supershuttle branding. Of the modern day branding, I'd perhaps say the Red Arrows coaches? I may be well out with that info though. Wink

Yes - Omnis were advertised as being air conditioned, but apparently it's very poor?

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm)aureolin Red Kite wasn't branded till about 2007? I believe the first truly branded service would have been either the old Northern 'Mini LINK' buses, or the original X66 supershuttle branding. Of the modern day branding, I'd perhaps say the Red Arrows coaches? I may be well out with that info though. Wink

I'd say it was either that or the X10 'Extend your Horizons' which I quite liked.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 20 Jan 2014

i think the red spares for 56 will probs be on 56 as the other day i saw a red scania on 56 didnt get the fleet number and that was saturday enroute to see my beloved Sunderland A.F.C play we drew 2-2 in that game but keep the faith thats my motto but if the 2 red ones were out my mates uncle who works for deptford might know

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm)Bazza Houston i think the red spares for 56 will probs be on 56 as the other day i saw a red scania on 56 didnt get the fleet number and that was saturday enroute to see my beloved Sunderland A.F.C play we drew 2-2 in that game but keep the faith thats my motto but if the 2 red ones were out my mates uncle who works for deptford might know

Not all the time though, they will venture out on other routes, reason their was a red scania out on the 56 was because the last branded one was waiting for its tax to come though, it has now arrived at deptford along with the 2 spares. Hopefully it will be out tommoz.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R838PRG - 20 Jan 2014

(18 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm)citaro5284 So then the 5's would not then be low cost. Dead Mileage to SMR will still work out cheaper. Something that looks ideal is not normally the correct solution when all the costs are analysed.

But could go low cost if they were in Deptford's low cost unit?

One of the reasons 5 is low cost is the union agreement that allows Saltmeadows drivers to take breaks away from company premises. The 5's take breaks at Jarrow.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 9:06 pm)northtynelinks2 I'd say it was either that or the X10 'Extend your Horizons' which I quite liked.

When was 21 (24 Hour Service) Branded?

Think that was just before the horrible Stanley Shuttle branding

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm)gtomlinson When was 21 (24 Hour Service) Branded?

Think that was just before the horrible Stanley Shuttle branding

I believe the Stanley Shuttle was around 2006 and the Diamond came into play a year after. Id say the 21 (24 hour service) was either late 2006 or early 2007 so id say they were pretty close together.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 9:16 pm)R838PRG But could go low cost if they were in Deptford's low cost unit?

One of the reasons 5 is low cost is the union agreement that allows Saltmeadows drivers to take breaks away from company premises. The 5's take breaks at Jarrow.

But the discussion was linking the 5 with the 9, so does that mean the 9 would become low cost, and once again the TU at Deptford would not be too pleased.

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 20 Jan 2014

Seen a Red Spare Versa earlier in Newcastle, I believe it may of been on Saltwell Park service, however I cant remember.

I noticed despite the fact its a spare the screen inside the bus said 'Citylink'

Can they not change these to the service its on, IE being linked in with the system

Or is this bus just programmed to show this continiously regardless of what service its on.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 20 Jan 2014

Withdraw 5 r have the service go threw the nook marsedn and horsley hill then have it follow stagecoach 7 to town coz think its about time we had a bus that goes up the hill everyday waiting for the X34 is always late cba with that just my thoughts

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm)Arcticrossy92 Seen a Red Spare Versa earlier in Newcastle, I believe it may of been on Saltwell Park service, however I cant remember.

I noticed despite the fact its a spare the screen inside the bus said 'Citylink'

Can they not change these to the service its on, IE being linked in with the system

Or is this bus just programmed to show this continiously regardless of what service its on.

No I don't think the screen can be changed and that's interesting about the spare vehicles, surely a generic GNE screen could be created and shown instead? I do remember 8319 always having a SimpliCity screen still from its time as previously branded as SimpliCity, however I didn't think they'd have new vehicles like that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 10:27 pm)Arcticrossy92 Seen a Red Spare Versa earlier in Newcastle, I believe it may of been on Saltwell Park service, however I cant remember.

I think when the red spare and 'Citylink' Versas are off the 58 route, it displays Citylink "for more information visit...".

From my experience, when they're on the 58 and the system is a bit lost, or the bus has been waiting a while at a bus stop, it will display Citylink "Service 58 to...", as well as the usual next stop display. I've also noticed on the Heworth to Newcastle journeys, the screens display "Service 58 to Hadrian Park" regardless of whether they're terminating at Newcastle or continuing to Hadrian Park.

Can this be changed, as I'm intrigued how the Venture displays work with the interworking? Also, does the 58X have next-stop announcements, as the Coast Road stops and stops beyond will be different?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Wellsey18 - 20 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 11:02 pm)BJ10VUS I think when the red spare and 'Citylink' Versas are off the 58 route, it displays Citylink "for more information visit...".

From my experience, when they're on the 58 and the system is a bit lost, or the bus has been waiting a while at a bus stop, it will display Citylink "Service 58 to...", as well as the usual next stop display. I've also noticed on the Heworth to Newcastle journeys, the screens display "Service 58 to Hadrian Park" regardless of whether they're terminating at Newcastle or continuing to Hadrian Park.

Can this be changed, as I'm intrigued how the Venture displays work with the interworking? Also, does the 58X have next-stop announcements, as the Coast Road stops and stops beyond will be different?

Nah the 58X don't use the screens, always off when I've sued this service

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 21 Jan 2014

(20 Jan 2014, 11:02 pm)BJ10VUS I think when the red spare and 'Citylink' Versas are off the 58 route, it displays Citylink "for more information visit...".

i noticed the same inside 5389 while en route to newcastle however my bus spotting was cut short when i found out that monkey aka richard pardon my french ****lady "tiplady" was on 5389 a few hours later

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 21 Jan 2014

In regards to the red spares, they look awfully plain without Northern Logos, I would of expected giant Go North East logos in there place, much like the Versa (9133) on loan a few months back

If you look at the photos i believe it looks 100 times better off something so simple.