North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 7:15 am)CatsFast101 I thought they would be worked by something else allowing for bigger capacity on those early morning services.

I think the 99As run onto the 60, so I expected a Streetlite. Some journeys are also secured by Nexus - not sure what the Euro requirement is though...
(27 Jan 2014, 7:18 am)Michael Same, maybe their seen how many passengers it gets before deciding what kind it needs

The 29 and 39 should be allocated correct buses from today along with the X36

Dan if your out and about, (as from your early post), have u spotted whats on the 9 yet?, not sure if Percy main and Deptford are running it or just Percy Main

Deptford will allocate B7TLs to the short 9s, and Percy Main should continue to allocate OmniCitys (but in reality, they will continue to allocate B10BLEs - 5151, for example, has been allocated today).

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 7:20 am)Dan I think the 99As run onto the 60, so I expected a Streetlite. Some journeys are also secured by Nexus - not sure what the Euro requirement is though...

Oh right, that's odd then, wonder if the contract says any Euro engine then.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 7:20 am)Dan I think the 99As run onto the 60, so I expected a Streetlite. Some journeys are also secured by Nexus - not sure what the Euro requirement is though...

That's what I thought too, Unless 542 is on 60's today!

(27 Jan 2014, 7:21 am)Dan Deptford will allocate B7TLs to the short 9s, and Percy Main should continue to allocate OmniCitys (but in reality, they will continue to allocate B10BLEs - 5151, for example, has been allocated today).

So does that mean... it will be ran by Vyking's?, only need 3... that should be fun!... was expecting it to be single decker.

Well the 9 might as well be 10BLE's from Percy Main, it is their allocation everyday.. not sure the last time i seen a Omnicity on it.

So does that mean Deptford has kept all its Vykings.. even though Cadets could of being used!

(27 Jan 2014, 7:27 am)Michael So does that mean... it will be ran by Vyking's?, only need 3... that should be fun!... was expecting it to be single decker.

Well the 9 might as well be 10BLE's from Percy Main, it is their allocation everyday.. not sure the last time i seen a Omnicity on it.

So does that mean Deptford has kept all its Vykings.. even though Cadets could of being used!

Deptford still have all but two B7's (2 Vykings moved to Chester) and B10BLE's plus cadets. I imagine B7's will be the allocation (as is Omnicitys on the long 9's) but in reality Solars/Renowns may end up on there.

(27 Jan 2014, 7:27 am)CatsFast101 That's what I thought too, Unless 542 is on 60's today!

My bad... I think that run actually works onto a 238 - 542 should perform the 0747 trip from Houghton.
Some of the other 99As will still run onto 60s though.

(27 Jan 2014, 7:27 am)Michael So does that mean... it will be ran by Vyking's?, only need 3... that should be fun!... was expecting it to be single decker.

Or 6020, yup.

Was an OmniCity on the 9 on Saturday. Tongue

(27 Jan 2014, 7:33 am)CatsFast101 Deptford still have all but two B7's (2 Vykings moved to Chester) and B10BLE's plus cadets. I imagine B7's will be the allocation (as is Omnicitys on the long 9's) but in reality Solars/Renowns may end up on there.

They won't do that if the short 9s run onto scholars!

(27 Jan 2014, 7:36 am)Dan My bad... I think that run actually works onto a 238 - 542 should perform the 0747 trip from Houghton.

Or 6020, yup.

Ah okay I see, I knew some used to work on 60's using drifter Versas so assumed it still happened! Another day and a wrongly branded MPD on the 238! Worth mentioning that the Seaham scholar will now work off 238's. There's a gap in the timetable.

Omnicitys are on the 9 most days just rare to see more than 2/3 max.

One bus works onto scholars I think. However we'll see over the coming days.

(27 Jan 2014, 7:41 am)CatsFast101 One bus works onto scholars I think. However we'll see over the coming days.

Whether on a morning or indeed on an afternoon, I think they all work onto/off scholars. The work had to go somewhere, if the 29 is a single decker operation!

(27 Jan 2014, 7:36 am)Dan My bad... I think that run actually works onto a 238 - 542 should perform the 0747 trip from Houghton.

Or 6020, yup.

Least Deptford have 4 Vykings now.. does Chester need anymore Decker's they have plenty...

What?, Their was a OmniCity on their on Saturday?, that's gotta be the rarest working of the weekend Tongue

Their the worst buses but if i had to get on one.. i would Tongue

If iv'e worked it out right Deptford only need 110 PVR from today... Please not its not even 8am yet and i'm half asleep!

With 131 allocated atm - we have already lost 5210 and 2 Vykings.. we lost anymore?

(27 Jan 2014, 7:46 am)Michael Least Deptford have 4 Vykings now.. does Chester need anymore Decker's they have plenty...

They could just be at Chester-le-Street temporarily if they required some extra double decked buses (an SPD also on loan was on the 21 not so long ago)...

(27 Jan 2014, 7:49 am)Dan They could just be at Chester-le-Street temporarily if they required some extra double decked buses (an SPD also on loan was on the 21 not so long ago)...

It still seem's daft they need all those deckers.

They have 20 Northern deckers (including the 2 which has just moved over)... Does all them get used?

Deptford don't them back either send them to Percy Main or Stanley.

With the Gateshead and Winlaton merging this weekend... wouldn't be surprised to see it loosing a few spares.

Gutted the Riverside depot is knocking Deptford off top spot for the depot with the most buses!

(27 Jan 2014, 7:54 am)Michael Deptford don't them back either send them to Percy Main or Stanley.

There are contenders across the region which require a few Vykings to allow their Olympians to be withdrawn.

(27 Jan 2014, 8:01 am)Dan There are contenders across the region which require a few Vykings to allow their Olympians to be withdrawn.

Ye shame it's taking them so long, hopefully this next batch of buses will help.

What is the year for all the buses to be lo-floor

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 7:54 am)Michael They have 20 Northern deckers (including the 2 which has just moved over)... Does all them get used?

Yes, on 13/14/X22 and X25 plus covering breakdowns on X21 and 21.

(27 Jan 2014, 8:04 am)Michael Ye shame it's taking them so long, hopefully this next batch of buses will help.

Whichever year it has to be done by, GNE will do it by Winter. Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 8:04 am)Michael Ye shame it's taking them so long, hopefully this next batch of buses will help.

Buses under 7.5tonnes (aka MPD & Solos) have to meet DDA requirement by the end of this year (deadline date is 1/1/2015), the rest of the single deckers by 01/01/2016 and deckers by 01/01/2017.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 27 Jan 2014

Have the passenger numbers improved on the services affected?

(27 Jan 2014, 8:10 am)Tom Have the passenger numbers improved on the services affected?

Far too early to know that yet!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 27 Jan 2014

They will be questions we are all wanting to know the answers to and no doubt we have all had a sleepless night wondering - but:

* Did Malarkey find Ingeus?

* Did he get there on time?

* Which buses did he use to get there?

* Did he have red or brown sauce on his bacon sandwich?

* Is the course full of things he has done already?

* Did he manage to catch sight of the new x66 branding?

RE: Go North East - Latest - pcvdriver - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 10:41 am)andreos1 They will be questions we are all wanting to know the answers to and no doubt we have all had a sleepless night wondering - but:

* Did Malarkey find Ingeus?

* Did he get there on time?

* Which buses did he use to get there?

* Did he have red or brown sauce on his bacon sandwich?

* Is the course full of things he has done already?

* Did he manage to catch sight of the new x66 branding?

Find out in the next exciting episode of "TEAM VALLEY QUEST"

Hahaha