North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 30 Jan 2014

The X22 is speedy as long as you only get on at Birtley Windsor Road

RE: Go North East - Latest - northtynelinks2 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm)Dan I'm inclined to suggest that I feel the X1 is also an express service. There is of course the X20, 27X, 58X, X66, X84/X85 and X88 too - all of which I'd consider to be express services.

Ultimately, I think it's what you're comparing it against - are you comparing it against other bus services in the area, other forms of transport, or just by the amount of stops it serves?

I was mainly looking at some kind of time lengths compared to full length routes for example:
X30/X31 between Stanley and Newcastle: 46 mins approx.
43/44/44A between Stanley and Newcastle: 55 mins approx.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
X0/X71 between Consett and Newcastle: 57 mins approx.
45/46 between Consett and Newcastle: 1hr 6 mins approx.

Looking at these 4 services in particular, the so called 'express' services are actually less than 10 mins faster in both cases and to go on top of that, services X30/X31/X70/X71 usually always get stuck in Bensham. And plus they aren't limited stop so they are normal stopping services.

Source: Timetables off the GNE website.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coppercap40 - 30 Jan 2014

.jpg
6111 N.Shields 30.01.2014.JPG
Size 237 KB / Downloads 28

.jpg
6101 N.Shields 30.01.2014.JPG
Size 247.55 KB / Downloads 46

seen in N.Shields this afternoon, looked to be for familiarisation

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm)northtynelinks2 Just found out that services X21 and 21 have the same journey time between Durham and Newcastle.

Where are you looking. The 21 takes over an hour, the X21 takes around 50 minutes. I am looking at Monday to Friday daytimes.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 9:44 am)andreos1 Maybe it's time for a re-jig of routes, stopping places and services along Durham Road - rather than another taxpayer purchase of green buses, which only ensure three of the vehicles (see what I did there) stuck in the queues of traffic, aren't belching out fumes?

The hybrids haven't grown wings and don't make the traffic disappear.
Road improvements, attractive pricing and reliable alternatives to the car are amongst the only things that can help the traffic disappear.

However, as for new deckers, why not try the Optare decker with the Merc engine?

One for the calendar this like as I agree with andreos1 on the what makes traffic disappear conundrum ! I'd always be nervy of buying something that nobody else has - not that its got owt to do with me like !

(30 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm)citaro5284 Where are you looking. The 21 takes over an hour, the X21 takes around 50 minutes. I am looking at Monday to Friday daytimes.

Probably looking at one of the earlier journeys, as they are bound to take a less amount of time due to the traffic strain not been as high. Still, according to the timetable the 21 is 2 mins faster than the X21 between Newcastle and Durham.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 8:19 pm)northtynelinks2 Probably looking at one of the earlier journeys, as they are bound to take a less amount of time due to the traffic strain not been as high. Still, according to the timetable the 21 is 2 mins faster than the X21 between Newcastle and Durham.

21: 63 Minutes Durham-Newcastle
X21: 50 minutes Durham-Newcastle

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm)busman101 One for the calendar this like as I agree with andreos1 on the what makes traffic disappear conundrum ! I'd always be nervy of buying something that nobody else has - not that its got owt to do with me like !

*collapses on the floor in shock.
Does anyone know where eezypeazys wet flanel has gone?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm)CatsFast101 21: 63 Minutes Durham-Newcastle

Angel 21: 1hr 8 minutes Durham-Newcastle, 1hr 3 minutes Newcastle - Durham
Pronto X21: 49 minutes Durham-Newcastle, 50 minutes Newcastle-Durham
Arriva X2: 56 minutes Durham-Newcastle, 53 minutes Newcastle-Durham

(30 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm)CatsFast101 21: 63 Minutes Durham-Newcastle

Yeah, looking back at it it kind of made me think 'hang on, where did I go wrong before' Tongue.
And I have found out where I got the 55 mins from! (Journey not highlighted is 50 mins and the highlighted one is 55 mins.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 8:34 pm)northtynelinks2 Yeah, looking back at it it kind of made me think 'hang on, where did I go wrong before' Tongue.
And I have found out where I got the 55 mins from! (Journey not highlighted is 50 mins and the highlighted one is 55 mins.

Haven't checked the bygone section to check, but pretty sure the 26 was given half an hour from Gateshead to Barley Mow and that was axed in the mid 90s.
Bearing in mind the increase in traffic (and traffic lights) since then, I am amazed the 21 is given half an hour, to go from Gateshead to Chester (which is another few miles down the road).

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 30 Jan 2014

Do gne not not put info of the brands in buses anymore like the map how often it runs etc all that

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm)speedwheels22 Do gne not not put info of the brands in buses anymore like the map how often it runs etc all that

Nope it doesn't look like they do any internal branding as of late. Not entirely sure on the reasons...

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 30 Jan 2014

Heard thew ppl say today they wished go northeast went back to there original colours made it much easier

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm)aureolin Nope it doesn't look like they do any internal branding as of late. Not entirely sure on the reasons...

You looked at all of the new stickers (No Smoking etc) on board buses purchased last year? All the same!

Imagine the same thing will be rolled out for internal branding...in time.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 10:11 pm)Dan You looked at all of the new stickers (No Smoking etc) on board buses purchased last year? All the same!

Imagine the same thing will be rolled out for internal branding...in time.

It makes sense to do so I guess. At least they can hold a load in stock, and be replaced with ease when idiots start to pick and peel them. The lack of internal branding does make the buses look incredibly bare though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 30 Jan 2014

Update on works around Newcastle Train Central Station

http://www.simplygo.com/news/newcastle-central-station-update-1st-february

The Silver arrows still have their's... expect for the one which still has its red arrow one....

Sure its on the laser to

I hope we see the maps etc back on the buses again soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 30 Jan 2014

(30 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm)Michael Update on works around Newcastle Train Central Station

http://www.simplygo.com/news/newcastle-central-station-update-1st-february

The Silver arrows still have their's... expect for the one which still has its red arrow one....

Sure its on the laser to

I hope we see the maps etc back on the buses again soon.

The Laser Mercs don't, or at least the ones I've been on don't.

A standard internal branding should be rolled out when things are a little less busy, I think... But I was told this quite a while ago.

(30 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm)aureolin Nope it doesn't look like they do any internal branding as of late. Not entirely sure on the reasons...

Problem is that a lot of the new buses don't have a sensible coving panel - just look at the Angel - you'd get a crick in your neck to read them. Single deckers are a bit easier, but there's been loads done on brands etc in the past 6 months, so some may come in time

(30 Jan 2014, 8:26 pm)andreos1 *collapses on the floor in shock.
Does anyone know where eezypeazys wet flanel has gone?

Thankfully, I don't lol !