North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1253)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - ne14ne1 - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 11:28 am)Davey Bowyer Been outband about today and I could see Adshel adverts for the Cobalt Clipper at Billy Mill and on Billy Mill Lane. I didn't expect that like!

Yeah they had them on my stops (inbound and outbound) between Chilli Rd and Benfield Road.... which brings me onto announcments. On the Citylink58 this stop (outbound) is called "Coast Rd/Amberly Gardens", yet on the CobaltClipper its called "Coast Rd/Cochrane Pk" (which makes more sense).
Also Citylink58 calls the Civic/Unis stop "Sandyford Road Civic Centre/University of Northumbria", yet CobaltClipper just calls it "Sandyford Road Civic Centre".

Not very standardised. (Having said that I haven't been on a Citylink for a while so couldn't say whether they'd been updated or not - if not I wish they'd change the voice from Steve and Karen(?) to the C.Clipper guys voice too - much more professional sounding and not geordie).

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 11:28 am)cbma06 On GNE facebook page about an hour ago:

"The 202 was supposed to be at crawford avenue at 12 mins past and it still isnt here is it running?

Like · · about an hour ago via Mobile

Go North East I'm sorry this bus has broken down and is unable to operate.

Like · Reply · about an hour ago".

If this broken down bus was a East Durham Mpd, then its about time GNE decided to get rid of these MPDS, and buy some decent small buses (Solos) as usually anything bigger than a MPD will be no good for the East Durham services, time after time ive seen the MPDS broken down roughly 2 per week that ive seen, passengers are wondering if their going to get to their destination or waiting in the cold for the bus to never turn up.

I'd disagree with solos been the only option I think cascaded Versas could work, especially the 265/208/202. Only one maybe not justifying is the 201, but can carry far more at peak times, 265/202 can often pick up over summer too I've noticed, 209/210 work better in the current circular service just wondering if a Versa will manage the 209/210 route? I'm not sure wether new vehicles will be justified as a priority when non-DDA vehicles need to be withdrawn.

However as for the breakdown, this is becoming a joke with breakdowns. At :12 it was going towards Seaham, was this getting replaced at Seaham for something to go onto 265's? Or was that not running either? Was a whole board of journeys missing for the rest of the day now?!
4991 broke down on 20's on Tuesday, the 11:32 departure from Sunderland-Durham, it failed on it way up to Durham and wasn't replaced (passengers presumably transferred onto the next service) however 4991 was put onto X36's at 1:38 whilst the 1:32 20 departure (from Sunderland) didn't run as the vehicle wasn't replaced. The 1:32 journey is same bus as the 11:32.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm)ne14ne1 Yeah they had them on my stops (inbound and outbound) between Chilli Rd and Benfield Road.... which brings me onto announcments. On the Citylink58 this stop (outbound) is called "Coast Rd/Amberly Gardens", yet on the CobaltClipper its called "Coast Rd/Cochrane Pk" (which makes more sense).
Also Citylink58 calls the Civic/Unis stop "Sandyford Road Civic Centre/University of Northumbria", yet CobaltClipper just calls it "Sandyford Road Civic Centre".

Not very standardised. (Having said that I haven't been on a Citylink for a while so couldn't say whether they'd been updated or not - if not I wish they'd change the voice from Steve and Karen(?) to the C.Clipper guys voice too - much more professional sounding and not geordie).

Not a fan of the next stop announcements - but that could be because of the way they are delivered by the radio presenters.

If they are going to be used (apart from someone doing the announcements professionally), it would make sense if the announcements actually tied in with the official name (the one displayed on the timetable).
For a visitor to the region (or even someone who doesn't use buses often), hearing two versions of the same stop depending which service they are using, in addition to the official name given by Nexus/local authority, it must be confusing.

Paper timetables align names with the official name, so why cant the announcements on the bus?

RE: Go North East - Latest - palatine3833 - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 12:51 am)Acky81 So why would it be at Stanley for a day

4845 was definitely at Stanley for at least one day as it was in Durham on the 15 to Consett.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 2:03 pm)palatine3833 4845 was definitely at Stanley for at least one day as it was in Durham on the 15 to Consett.

It was there for three, as citaro5284 said earlier today.

5333 is now at Deptford, fully branded.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm)Dan It was there for three, as citaro5284 said earlier today.

5333 is now at Deptford, fully branded.

Any pics of 5333 Dan?

(08 Mar 2014, 3:11 pm)CatsFast101 Any pics of 5333 Dan?

Yeah, managed to get one after an MPD was shoved out of the way. Wink

Can't say I'm overly impressed myself. The livery hasn't changed, but the gold 'X' goes over the window now. It was always going to be difficult to replicate the livery though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 08 Mar 2014

This post should really be in the odd workings threat but at least 1 of the red mercs is on Diamond duties today, I don't know which one it is though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm)Robert This post should really be in the odd workings threat but at least 1 of the red mercs is on Diamond duties today, I don't know which one it is though.

5337, I had it to Stanley on the 44A from the Metrocentre just before midday.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 08 Mar 2014

Standing for my Sister in Eldon Square at around 3pmish, and within 5 Minutes 4 X1's came in Together, I asked my Sister what the crack was and she told me the following.

The 14:30pm from Washington had Broke Down on the Stand, So the Station Manager called for Another Bus to come out, That was then leaning sideways slightly, So Another Bus got called out, By which time the 14:40 had came in running late, And oddly all 4 went off on the X1 Together to Newcastle, No doubt the 14:50 was not far behind, God Knows what would of happened if Washington Depot had a Brake Down elsewhere.

(08 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm)Dan Yeah, managed to get one after an MPD was shoved out of the way. Wink

Can't say I'm overly impressed myself. The livery hasn't changed, but the gold 'X' goes over the window now. It was always going to be difficult to replicate the livery though.

Sorry for the delay in uploading the photograph, but 5333 in "Wear Tees Xpress" branding can be seen on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/13014384655/

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 6:15 pm)Dan Sorry for the delay in uploading the photograph, but 5333 in "Wear Tees Xpress" branding can be seen on the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/13014384655/

I actually think it looks quite good. Normally don't agree with contravision over windows but without it this livery wouldn't work on a Citaro

5333 is now at Peterlee, allowing 4908 to be sent to Saltmeadows for its repaint into corporate livery.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm)tyresmoke I actually think it looks quite good. Normally don't agree with contravision over windows but without it this livery wouldn't work on a Citaro

much prefer this livery over the renowns but the livery suits this vehicle really well the renowns livery was too outdated but this gives the brand a sparkly clean

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 8:35 pm)Bazza Houston much prefer this livery over the renowns but the livery suits this vehicle really well the renowns livery was too outdated but this gives the brand a sparkly clean

Wont be too long before this livery is outdated too, its basically the same livery with the 3 obvious differences:
a) The 'X' continuing over the window
b) The livery is on a Citaro rather than a Renown
c) Lighter base colour

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 09 Mar 2014

Washington have had the paint brush out and corrected the paint job mistake by Thorntons below the front windscreen on 8295. This example, like 8301, has now been repainted so that it is black underneath the windscreen opposed to lilac.

I am told that 5335/36 have now arrived at Peterlee depot, fully branded, allowing 4906/07 to be sent to Deptford in prep for their repaint.

(09 Mar 2014, 12:46 pm)Dan I am told that 5335/36 have now arrived at Peterlee depot, fully branded, allowing 4906/07 to be sent to Deptford in prep for their repaint.

4907 has just passed me at Testos roundabout heading to Saltmeadows for repaint. 4906 in pursuit likewise.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 2:09 pm)Dan 4907 has just passed me at Testos roundabout heading to Saltmeadows for repaint. 4906 in pursuit likewise.

Which means the Citaros should make their debut on the route tomorrow in that case.

(09 Mar 2014, 2:18 pm)Kuyoyo Which means the Citaros should make their debut on the route tomorrow in that case.

Correct, hence Saltmeadows actually doing some work today... Sundays are usually a day of relaxation, but they have had a lot of work to do instead! Wink