North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1254)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Only issue I had with the X1 today was getting stuck behind 3 Horse/Carts from the top of Washington Highway to Wrekenton and also getting stuck at the Traffic Lights at Springwell as a Result, when taking my Nephew Home to my Brother.

Neigh good that mind. Rolleyes

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:28 pm)aureolin Neigh good that mind. Rolleyes

Oh dear, are we going to wheeling all the puns out now?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:31 pm)tyresmoke Oh dear, are we going to wheeling all the puns out now?

He is trotting them out Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 7:49 pm)Marcus I've noticed that before as well, one time two were parked in their stand at Gateshead heading to Sunderland and as soon as they left with about ten seconds of each other a third one came in and was gone within thirty seconds. They probably all joined up again at Wrekenton Bus Link. Does the timetable need altering?, with the 21 they couldn't care less if two were waiting in the same stand at Chester because there's so many and so much frequency they almost don't have to worry about timetables (well, they obviously do because they have to do surveys and the timetables need to run to time, but you know what I mean Smile)

One problem I've witnessed with the 21 is at times in Eldon Square I've seen a Chester-Le-Street bound 21 arrive in the bus station and is closely followed by a Durham 21 which can't pull onto the stand so it either has to wait in one of the bays or leave the bus station then come back in again. On one occasion this happened the Durham bound journey left the bus station and didn't come back, so everyone ended up getting the Arriva X2 to Durham.

Also every time I've been on the X22 to Durham it has to leave from the wrong stand because a Chester-Le-Street 21 is sat on the stand.

I think the 21 should run on a 10 minute frequency across the whole route again.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm)Andreos Constantopolous He is trotting them out Wink

Stop horsing around, guys!

(14 Apr 2014, 8:50 pm)Jimmi I think the 21 should run on a 10 minute frequency across the whole route again.

Perhaps this could be considered if the service was ever upgraded again - I'm sure it could easily be justified.
We've previously discussed which services would/would not be appropriate for the B5LHs to go on when they're due for cascade, but I can't remember if we ever came to a conclusion about which service(s) would be appropriate. This one's open to debate - does anyone think that the B5LHs would be appropriate on "Crusader" service 27? The numbers work brilliantly too; there are currently 15 B5LHs for a PVR of 14 on the "Crusader", allowing the service to have one spare.

RE: Go North East - Latest - benambro - 14 Apr 2014

Looking on ebay and this came up, first it was the Waggonway now the colbalt clipper

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:59 pm)benambro Looking on ebay and this came up, first it was the Waggonway now the colbalt clipper

Adsense perhaps?

(14 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm)Dan Stop horsing around, guys!

Perhaps this could be considered if the service was ever upgraded again - I'm sure it could easily be justified.
We've previously discussed which services would/would not be appropriate for the B5LHs to go on when they're due for cascade, but I can't remember if we ever came to a conclusion about which service(s) would be appropriate. This one's open to debate - does anyone think that the B5LHs would be appropriate on "Crusader" service 27? The numbers work brilliantly too; there are currently 15 B5LHs for a PVR of 14 on the "Crusader", allowing the service to have one spare.

The B5LHs were ordered when the service still operated every 10 minutes so they should have the correct amount plus the two spares.

Also on Sundays I'd like the service run to Durham more than every 30 minutes.

(14 Apr 2014, 8:50 pm)Jimmi One problem I've witnessed with the 21 is at times in Eldon Square I've seen a Chester-Le-Street bound 21 arrive in the bus station and is closely followed by a Durham 21 which can't pull onto the stand so it either has to wait in one of the bays or leave the bus station then come back in again. On one occasion this happened the Durham bound journey left the bus station and didn't come back, so everyone ended up getting the Arriva X2 to Durham.

Also every time I've been on the X22 to Durham it has to leave from the wrong stand because a Chester-Le-Street 21 is sat on the stand.

I think the 21 should run on a 10 minute frequency across the whole route again.

Interesting points.
We have probably seen it happen umpteen times, but I never thought about it.

With regard to the 21 and 56, I wonder how many passengers use them as local services versus a distance service?

If the two services were split in two (with an overlap):
21 Newcastle - Chester every 10mins
22 Birtley - Durham every 10mins
x21 Newcastle - Bishop every half hour.

55 Newcastle - Nissan/A19 every 10mins
56 Concord - Sunderland every 10mins
x56 Newcastle - Sunderland every half hour.

(14 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm)Dan Stop horsing around, guys!

Horse and carts on a mane road ain't a laughing matter. The tail backs, will be huge!

Drivers will have to hoof their vehicles around to catch up Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 9:08 pm)Jimmi The B5LHs were ordered when the service still operated every 10 minutes so they should have the correct amount plus the two spares.

Also on Sundays I'd like the service run to Durham more than every 30 minutes.

3965 and 3962 aren't spares, they get used every day. I believe the actual PVR is 17, hence why Chester had 17 B7s when they were brought up from London, and having a round number of 15 hybrids plus 2 that look very similar seems to suit GNE. I agree with the points made about Newcastle - Durham every 10 minutes, fair enough not as many people use it from Durham as they do from Chester, but it would certainly make the lives of the drivers a whole lot easier instead of having to check the laminated duty sheet before changing the blind everytime they pull into Eldon Square. Having too many running at once isn't good, but on the negative side some of the vinyls would need to be removed like the every 7/8 minutes ones on the rear and the inside advertisements, and people would likely complain about having to wait an extra two minutes! Tongue

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 8:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Only issue I had with the X1 today was getting stuck behind 3 Horse/Carts from the top of Washington Highway to Wrekenton and also getting stuck at the Traffic Lights at Springwell as a Result, when taking my Nephew Home to my Brother.

Nothing nags me more, but most of the time when I use X1 it normally takes neigh time at all

(14 Apr 2014, 9:08 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Interesting points.
We have probably seen it happen umpteen times, but I never thought about it.

With regard to the 21 and 56, I wonder how many passengers use them as local services versus a distance service?

If the two services were split in two (with an overlap):
21 Newcastle - Chester every 10mins
22 Birtley - Durham every 10mins
x21 Newcastle - Bishop every half hour.

55 Newcastle - Nissan/A19 every 10mins
56 Concord - Sunderland every 10mins
x56 Newcastle - Sunderland every half hour.

Probably best not to split these routes because there are people who do the full route.

(14 Apr 2014, 9:25 pm)Jimmi Probably best not to split these routes because there are people who do the full route.

Enough people to justify a ten min frequency for the entire route?
I have kept an express version of the route, which would obviously call at key points on a limited stop and have some sort of variation of the route to miss potential pinch points or traffic jams.

(14 Apr 2014, 9:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Enough people to justify a ten min frequency for the entire route?
I have kept an express version of the route, which would obviously call at key points on a limited stop and have some sort of variation of the route to miss potential pinch points or traffic jams.

I would want more Durham - Newcastle buses than every hour and this would lead to people to use the Arriva X2 as well.

Perhaps the 22/X21 could run every 20 minutes giving a roughly combined 10 minute frequency.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm)Jimmi I would want more Durham - Newcastle buses than every hour and this would lead to people to use the Arriva X2 as well.

Perhaps the 22/X21 could run every 20 minutes giving a roughly combined 10 minute frequency.

The 22 hasnt ran for years :p

I dont live on the route so i cant comment on the numbers etc but last time i seen it, it was packed, it was at chester heading to newcastle.

(14 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm)Jimmi I would want more Durham - Newcastle buses than every hour and this would lead to people to use the Arriva X2 as well.

There are more buses in my suggestion than currently if you look - just less direct than currently, to aid with reliability.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 14 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 9:18 pm)Marcus 3965 and 3962 aren't spares, they get used every day. I believe the actual PVR is 17, hence why Chester had 17 B7s when they were brought up from London, and having a round number of 15 hybrids plus 2 that look very similar seems to suit GNE. I agree with the points made about Newcastle - Durham every 10 minutes, fair enough not as many people use it from Durham as they do from Chester, but it would certainly make the lives of the drivers a whole lot easier instead of having to check the laminated duty sheet before changing the blind everytime they pull into Eldon Square. Having too many running at once isn't good, but on the negative side some of the vinyls would need to be removed like the every 7/8 minutes ones on the rear and the inside advertisements, and people would likely complain about having to wait an extra two minutes! Tongue

ah the joys of 3965 one of my now favourite double deckers in the fleet had the best driver on there while in Chester-le-Street for 2 Targets that day to see where the former Wear Tees Express Renowns were (Accidentaly found out), Whey Aye Five 0 which i knew about and Venture on 78 plus am glad it was one of my good old friends giving me a lift

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 15 Apr 2014

From Facebook:

Incidents Tyne & Wear
45 secs ยท
Delays on Market Street due to a incident involving a bus.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 15 Apr 2014

The 21 isn't an easy solve for anyone, in fact it probably can't be solved.

The 221 had the same problems and that ran Newcastle - Chester, the Classic 21 always came in bunches. There's never been a reliable on time service because its impossible.

You can't remove the traffic congestion from Birtley, Low Fell or Gateshead. No amount of route splitting or frequency change will help that.

The Angel has been alright of late but with heavy loadings and traffic even during the daytime its a losing battle

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 15 Apr 2014

(14 Apr 2014, 9:57 pm)Michael The 22 hasnt ran for years :p

I dont live on the route so i cant comment on the numbers etc but last time i seen it, it was packed, it was at chester heading to newcastle.

Although the 22 came down from Waldridge Park, I would say most people have just gotten to grips with that and used a 34 (which I think actually led to some kind of service boost) to come down to Chester and just board whichever Angel they could see heading northbound Tongue. Now though, as well as having that, most people who go to say college in Newcastle, and those in general from up at Waldridge have just adapted to use the X25. What drives me NUTS about the 21 these days, is when in the past I've been coming home from school, and it's been so late due to traffic and congestion before and after picking me up that two Durham 21's pull in and we have to get on 'the one infront'. Then the one I was on runs NIS to the Black Horse and just goes back to Newcastle. It's happened to me countless times and it drives me insane Angry