North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Also note the Arriva Temsa Avenue in that Photo also, Don't think I have even Photographed any of those in the 2 Years I have been taking Photos.

4714 which toasted itself in Skinningrove.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Must be taking over the Peak Time Journeys from Compass, Surprised GCT didn't take them over.

They are commerical.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 13 Aug 2014

The Mercedes Citaro demonstrator BP14 FJZ has been transferred from Riverside to Stanley for use on Lime services. MPD 542: NA52 AXG has been returned to Peterlee from Percy Main. Volvo Olympian 3816: S816 FVK has been sold to Alpha Recovery, Weetslade.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)Racer_Experience The Mercedes Citaro demonstrator BP14 FJZ has been transferred from Riverside to Stanley for use on Lime services. MPD 542: NA52 AXG has been returned to Peterlee from Percy Main. Volvo Olympian 3816: S816 FVK has been sold to Alpha Recovery, Weetslade.

Bazza your 2 Days 2 Late

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:05 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Bazza your 2 Days 2 Late
It's because the bit about the Merc was just added this morning.

(13 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm)Dan It's because the bit about the Merc was just added this morning.

GNE a bit slow on the News this week then, and Sorry Bazza

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey GNE a bit slow on the News this week then, and Sorry Bazza
It started off with the bit about 3816 and I think Michael posted it, then when they added the bit about 542, Bazza posted it again. Likewise today with the Merc.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:03 pm)Tom They are commerical.

If they can take some of the runs on commercially then why can't they just take the whole route along with the 73

Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey GNE a bit slow on the News this week then, and Sorry Bazza

Still helps if people read the thread before duplicating info. I have done it and felt quite stupid afterwards.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:03 pm)Tom They are commerical.

Are they? Huh

(13 Aug 2014, 5:28 pm)Dan Are they? Huh

Well there has been no cancellation of Compass'?

(13 Aug 2014, 5:42 pm)Tom Well there has been no cancellation of Compass'?

..yet?

Why would Go North East operate their own runs of service 37 at the exact same time as Compass'? Surely, if they were commercial, Go North East would have opted for a different route number, perhaps slightly different route, and most importantly, had them a few minutes ahead of the secured journeys?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:47 pm)Dan ..yet?

Why would Go North East operate their own runs of service 37 at the exact same time as Compass'? Surely, if they were commercial, Go North East would have opted for a different route number, perhaps slightly different route, and most importantly, had them a few minutes ahead of the secured journeys?

Really what is the point in giving the contracts out and then changing them weeks later... knew this would happen when it was first posted that GCT was taking over!

Would nexus change contracts monthly if they took over the services...

(13 Aug 2014, 5:47 pm)Dan ..yet?

I hope they will win back the 37/73. GCT provide a shocking service in my opinion, I saw it last week in Concord, the rear blind wasn't working, the drivers weren't wearing uniform and it in the via points it said Concord even though it terminated there!

Also, it is the most stupidly designed timetable ever. The 37 only goes to Coach Road in one direction, hence they can't do a return journey.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 5:42 pm)Tom Well there has been no cancellation of Compass'?

They was

(23 Jul 2014, 3:24 pm)Michael We already know about the 37 but i'll still post it.

PB1074031/5 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Washington Galleries and Doxford Park Shops given service number 37 effective from 30-Aug-2014.

(13 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Michael Really what is the point in giving the contracts out and then changing them weeks later... knew this would happen when it was first posted that GCT was taking over!

Would nexus change contracts monthly if they took over the services...

The contract for CCT's peak time extra runs on service 37 (which then run onto service 8X in South Hylton) was up for renewal on 25/07/2015.

I'd imagine that Nexus could terminate the contract early, if they were not satisfied with the level of service provided by the company, after x amount of warnings? Although we've recently discovered that the contract actually stipulates a low-floor Euro 5 16-seater vehicle, and they do seem to be providing that now, they didn't in the past - it was pretty much always an Iveco van.

As for the last bit, I'd imagine the same would apply then too, should Quality Contracts come into force? If an operator received umpteen amounts of warnings, and they were still repeatedly committing the same offences, Nexus would have the right to remove the contract from said operator? Perhaps at a price - I'm not sure...

(13 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Tom I hope they will win back the 37/73. GCT provide a shocking service in my opinion, I saw it last week in Concord, the rear blind wasn't working, the drivers weren't wearing uniform and it in the via points it said Concord even though it terminated there!

Also, it is the most stupidly designed timetable ever. The 37 only goes to Coach Road in one direction, hence they can't do a return journey.

Greg in Weardale will disagree. Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 13 Aug 2014

(13 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Tom I hope they will win back the 37/73. GCT provide a shocking service in my opinion, I saw it last week in Concord, the rear blind wasn't working, the drivers weren't wearing uniform and it in the via points it said Concord even though it terminated there!

If you look at the timetable - 73 interworks with the 37 at Coach Road towards Sunderland therefore the 37/73 provides a round trip journey between Concord and Coach Road Estate once an hour - same as it was when it was the 73 serving the Estate (73 only served Coach Road towards Washington).

(13 Aug 2014, 6:08 pm)Kuyoyo If you look at the timetable - 73 interworks with the 37 at Coach Road towards Sunderland therefore the 37/73 provides a round trip journey between Concord and Coach Road Estate once an hour - same as it was when it was the 73 serving the Estate (73 only served Coach Road towards Washington).

My sister used to live around that way, and I seem to recall Coach Road Estate being very much like a one-way road system (for a bus, at least).

So the fact it only 'served Coach Road towards Washington' will be down to the circular-style nature of the service, I think..?

(13 Aug 2014, 6:11 pm)Dan My sister used to live around that way, and I seem to recall Coach Road Estate being very much like a one-way road system (for a bus, at least).

So the fact it only 'served Coach Road towards Washington' will be down to the circular-style nature of the service, I think..?

More like lack of Demand from Passengers, A Bus could easily go around Coach Road in Both Directions, but there is no need to do that with the Estate being Circular, as there would be no benefit from it.

As I have said in the Past, Coach Road has around 12 Bus Stops situated on the Perimeter of the Estate, each within 2 Minutes Walk of Every Home with Services 4/56 and M2 Providing 14 Buses Per Hour to the Estate, Other than the OAP's I can't see the point in the 37 Serving the Estate, why do you think GNE scrapped the W3 and Replaced it with the M2 a few years ago.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busman101 - 13 Aug 2014

(12 Aug 2014, 9:56 pm)Tom You should try a route from Newcastle to Alnwick, with a outstation at Alnwick.
Then have a MPD or two doing a route from Alnmouth to Bamburgh, and Alnwick to Ashington for connects?

Need a like button on here !!!