North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 19 Aug 2014

Not sure if anything has been put online, but the demolition crews arrived at Sunderland Road yesterday.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 19 Aug 2014

Does anyone know if the Citaro demo is still on Lime and, if so, what workings it's on today, please.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 19 Aug 2014

Pretty bad disruption in Birtley due to an armed robbery at the Post Office on Durham Road, I've been sitting in Southbound traffic for ages

RE: Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 9:28 am)Greg in Weardale Does anyone know if the Citaro demo is still on Lime and, if so, what workings it's on today, please.

Its into its final week on the Lime (i think, going off it first entering service on the Lime last Monday) and no, i dont know what board its on.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 9:43 am)gtom Pretty bad disruption in Birtley due to an armed robbery at the Post Office on Durham Road, I've been sitting in Southbound traffic for ages
Another one on the X30 route too, early doors this morning.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 19 Aug 2014

9120 departing The Galleries now (11:52) on the 8 to Sunderland, Operating 20 Minutes Late.

Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 10:53 am)NEBCD Malarkey 9120 departing The Galleries now (11:52) on the 8 to Sunderland, Operating 20 Minutes Late.

Now going into Stanley for Consett

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 12:26 pm)Robert Now going into Stanley for Consett

9120 leaving Consett on 78 for Sunderland on time at 14.00

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm)Greg in Weardale 9120 leaving Consett on 78 for Sunderland on time at 14.00
Very Impressed as it was 20 Minutes Late, What time will it be due back in Sunderland

Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 19 Aug 2014

As im on my phone atm without any access to Internet as my app has gone how long are the current Citaros (exclude 5337/8) compared to 9120 or is it the same?

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 19 Aug 2014

(19 Aug 2014, 2:14 pm)Robert As im on my phone atm without any access to Internet as my app has gone how long are the current Citaros (exclude 5337/8) compared to 9120 or is it the same?
Just arrived in Park Lane, 15:53 Departure

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 20 Aug 2014

I've noticed 8308 destination blind is starting to jump around now not as bad as 8306 tho

Go North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 20 Aug 2014

9120 has just left Stanley on service 8 if anybody is looking for it. Running late by the looks of things, 4898 has just departed for Consett on a 78.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 20 Aug 2014

The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 20 Aug 2014

(20 Aug 2014, 12:09 pm)Tom The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andy - 20 Aug 2014

6027 was driving around heworth carrying 8 drivers then was standing in heworth for an hour

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 20 Aug 2014

(20 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.
I've heard a possibly. 50/50 roumor that they may get solos or versas I heard it from a fellow enthusiast named anth he heard it from a few drivers this was months back but my theory is if Quaylink were to get new buses then these would probs come to Washington does anyone know the PVR of M2/M3/W5/W6 and the PVR of Q1/Q2

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 20 Aug 2014

(20 Aug 2014, 12:09 pm)Tom The M2 and M3 seem to have some serious problems. Yesterday, the M3 didn't turn up, and the M2 was six minutes late at Heworth. This isn't the first time it's happened either.

I wouldn't suggest a bus being six minutes late is a 'serious problem'. Whilst it should be avoided (anything outside of the 6 minute 'on time' window is an issue), anything could have happened before it arrived at Heworth, causing the delay.
They're certainly usually fine whenever I see them in Concord, but our sightings may be at different times of the day. I have used the DAF SB120s on those services and I don't think they're too problematic. The work isn't particularly strenuous.

(20 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Blame the Unreliability those Cadets, pretty sure Diagtest LTD are over Washington Depot most days to fix them, no wonder you have 3 to 4 Presidents appearing on the M2/M3/W5 and W6 on a Daily Basis. I'm certainly hoping Go North East invests in New Vehicles for these Services this year.

Perhaps slightly exaggerated, there, Adam! The only DAF SB120 which regularly receives attention from DiagTest is 8250, which is undergoing repairs after its minor engine bay fire in June of this year.

The main reason why double deckers are to be found on the former "Washington Street Shuttle" services is down to the fact Washington cannot allocate double decked vehicles to services 88/88A due to a low bridge. This means that Washington tends to dip into their allocated single deckers (mini/midi, though more commonly the latter) for use on services 88/88A, and the spare double deckers left in the depot end up substituting for single deckers on services M2/M3 and W5/W6.

Services M2/M3 and W5/W6 aren't some of Go North East's most profitable routes; as such, investment is highly unlikely. Services which aren't as profitable tend to receive the older corporate liveried vehicles (providing you exclude any secured services with contract specifications). It goes without saying that the "Venture" network of services aren't Go North East's most profitable, but Optare Solo vehicles were purchased for these as they're probably GNE's most profitable 'mini' routes, and the oldest Dennis MPD stock were coming up 13 years old and as such, had to be disposed of. If this happens again (which I believe it will), Go North East will have to invest into their second most profitable mini routes again, allowing more MPDs to come off and cascade down.

(20 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm)Racer_Experience I've heard a possibly. 50/50 roumor that they may get solos or versas I heard it from a fellow enthusiast named anth he heard it from a few drivers this was months back but my theory is if Quaylink were to get new buses then these would probs come to Washington does anyone know the PVR of M2/M3/W5/W6 and the PVR of Q1/Q2

The PVR of services M2/M3 is 8. Due to the disposal of 8249 and temporary withdrawal of 8250, these services currently have no allocated spare vehicles.
The PVR of services W5/W6 is 4. Dennis MPDs 603-606 should be allocated to these services with Transbus MPD 570 acting as an allocated spare vehicle.

I'd suggest that you don't believe all you hear. As I said above, the loadings (and thus the profit levels) do not justify brand new vehicles on these services. I have previously suggested that, when the "QuayLink" contract comes up for renewal (2015) and newer stock is either brought in or GNE loses the contract, the Optare Versa vehicles would cascade to services M2/M3 following the trial of midi-sized vehicles (the DAF SB120s) last year. However, we have recently discussed the future of the "QuayLink", and this may mean that things could work out slightly differently...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 20 Aug 2014

Aye, they're often 15mins late - regularly passing each other in the opposite direction in Birtley and then following each other from Ayton/Lambton when Heworth bound.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 20 Aug 2014

(20 Aug 2014, 2:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Aye, they're often 15mins late - regularly passing each other in the opposite direction in Birtley and then following each other from Ayton/Lambton when Heworth bound.

It wasn't the M2 being six minutes late that I had the issue with, it's that the M3 didn't show up at all.