North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: Go North East - Latest - 56everyday - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:14 pm)Dan The Wi-Fi was not configured correctly before; as such, with the "Moovbox" SSID, one could automatically connect to the Wi-Fi without having to accept the terms and conditions or see any Icomera landing screen.

The Wi-Fi is now configured correctly, with the SSIDs now showing as "go-northeast-wifi" or something similar. Other than having to accept the terms and conditions, the process has not changed and I can still use the Wi-Fi on the Drifter fine.

I will, reluctantly, get on two tomorrow and try... Anything is better than doing nothing.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:13 pm)56everyday I never seem to have a problem on the 56, 10, or X1

But B10s and Vykings have an excuse... they're old

Not really, yes there old but they still rattle, some are even worse than the streetlite

(27 Aug 2014, 9:15 pm)Marcus He's notorious for his valiant struggles in the engine market. I'm no good with engines, so I don't really understand it.

I will look forward to meeting him. I am sure he will agree that engine is one problem, shoddy build is another, combining to cause a big problem for society.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm)Michael Well most of the WIFI doesnt work on some of the buses, it happens, its currently getting fixed..

Some of the B10's rattle, the vykings are terrible...do u aviod them?

I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!

Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:17 pm)Michael Not really, yes there old but they still rattle, some are even worse than the streetlite

Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm)Marcus Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

Oh dear - if we have one of them it'll be up in flames after a day.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:16 pm)Dan I beg to differ! There is now only a few buses which are yet to be checked, so I discovered today, which means that the Wi-Fi on almost all 120 vehicles works.

If Andreos managed to connect to the Wi-Fi on the 4, Icomera must be doing the job correctly!

I havent being on a GNE bus for a while, as i dont have my pass atm.

Ah good, ill be able to connect the WIFI on the 4 on my 10 min journey when i restart my uni course.. Big Grin

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm)Tom I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!
I had the joy of one on the 49 earlier... Late, as you'd imagine, and the driver stopped for a rest on the bank - which is when the 49 behind (a Merc) overtook!

(27 Aug 2014, 9:19 pm)Marcus Now we're talking, if we want a REAL OLD BANGA - we need a DAF!!

Oh yes!!! Give me one of those any day!!! They were hopeless... Whenever a 28 didn't turn up I assumed it had stopped and Beamish too long and got taken in as an exhibit.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm)Tom I hate the Vykings, they are absolutley awful. But if it was going to get me home, then I'd use them. I remember when the Vykings were on loan to Percy Main I had one on the Coaster and when they were climbing Rosehill Bank it was going about 5mph, and there was a load of black smoke coming out the exhuast!

If 1 turned up on a route i need, i would get on, if i like ot or not.

Same as when the lime gets new buses... what ever it is, ill still get on it...

(27 Aug 2014, 9:20 pm)Dan I had the joy of one on the 49 earlier... Late, as you'd imagine, and the driver stopped for a rest on the bank - which is when the 49 behind (a Merc) overtook!

I was gutted because it was 13 minutes late by the time it got to my stop, and the run behind was a Trident.

The Presidents are the same, absolutley awful.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:22 pm)Michael If 1 turned up on a route i need, i would get on, if i like ot or not.

Mind, if there's a Merc coming up the road on the Silver Arrows... I know which one I'd go for!

Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:21 pm)56everyday Oh yes!!! Give me one of those any day!!! They were hopeless... Whenever a 28 didn't turn up I assumed it had stopped and Beamish too long and got taken in as an exhibit.

Am I the ONLY one who thinks that the DAFs were magnificent??

(27 Aug 2014, 9:22 pm)Michael If 1 turned up on a route i need, i would get on, if i like ot or not.

Speaking of Lime I had an fully branded 8 the other day stuck doing 15mph, driver tried to reset many a time between Park Lane and the A19 but couldn't do anything with hit. He bottled it, half were transferred to the 2C, half were transferred to the 78

(27 Aug 2014, 9:24 pm)Marcus Am I the ONLY one who thinks that the DAFs were magnificent??

Magnificent...
In their own special way...

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 9:23 pm)Tom I was gutted because it was 13 minutes late by the time it got to my stop, and the run behind was a Trident.

The Presidents are the same, absolutley awful.

I don't mind the old GNE Presidents, but I'm not a big fan of the ex London ones especially the Prontos

(27 Aug 2014, 9:26 pm)Jimmi I don't mind the old GNE Presidents, but I'm not a big fan of the ex London ones especially the Prontos

The engines on them sound like they need a full overhaul or replacement

(27 Aug 2014, 9:24 pm)Marcus Am I the ONLY one who thinks that the DAFs were magnificent??
I quite liked them too (just hope gtom doesn't see this post!)

Some of the Worms were awful when stationary though. The rattle wasn't just an ordinary rattle... It felt like a tractor was plowing over your ear.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 27 Aug 2014

Possibly. I couldn't stand the Arriva ones and I recently rode an ex GNE example on the 21A a months back and my back was in pain from the seats.

You just better hope that gtom is not reading this.

(27 Aug 2014, 9:29 pm)Jimmi Possibly. I couldn't stand the Arriva ones and I recently rode an ex GNE example on the 21A a months back and my back was in pain from the seats.

You just better hope that gtom is not reading this.
Have to admit the seating is pretty poor on them.

Temsa Avenue vs DAF?