North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1258)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 3:23 am)Andreos Constantopolous Dunno if it is because it is still far too early, but I haven't got the foggiest Wink

It has taken them a while, but they have got there in the end.
Sat there with the iPad and surfed away to my hearts content.
Quite fast, no lag and no dropping out.

On a different note, GNE have adverts/coupons for a £1.99 McDonalds meal on some of their tickets. I imagine more vehicles will see them introduced over the next week or so.
No idea how long the offer has been on, but haven't seen it mentioned on here previously.
The McDonalds thing is fairly recent (it's happened at some point this month). I know Stagecoach has had that deal for donkeys on and off, but GNE have always had something red on the back of their tickets.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 4:53 am)Dan The McDonalds thing is fairly recent (it's happened at some point this month). I know Stagecoach has had that deal for donkeys on and off, but GNE have always had something red on the back of their tickets.
Trouble is, most if these McDonalds vouchers on tickets are not valid at places where there's a "drive thru", which is most of them.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 7:46 am)Greg in Weardale Trouble is, most if these McDonalds vouchers on tickets are not valid at places where there's a "drive thru", which is most of them.

They are for Town Centre McDonald's, which as far as I am aware, don't have a drive thru

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 7:46 am)Greg in Weardale Trouble is, most if these McDonalds vouchers on tickets are not valid at places where there's a "drive thru", which is most of them.
I've never had any issues like. Never bothered reading the small print but I think the one at the Wheatsheaf in Sunderland is a drive thru and I use them there all the time.

(28 Aug 2014, 8:09 am)Dan I've never had any issues like. Never bothered reading the small print but I think the one at the Wheatsheaf in Sunderland is a drive thru and I use them there all the time.

I have also used them at Dalton Park once or twice

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 28 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:49 am)Dan Yes, but we still need some at Deptford for services 99 and 238, until such a time comes whereby their loadings justify the use of a midi-sized vehicle.

Can't be that fussed as they gave away 547 to saltmeadows. 99 is coping ok with larger buses as I witnessed yesterday it was busy. I saw a solar on 238 at ryhope which begs the question how's that get round northlea at Seaham then I saw a solo nexus bus on 38 at lunchtime at tunstall bank est. bigger buses should be on the 38 not 238. Why this interworks is beyond me!!
Seeing a small 38 did remind me of the old 141 round TBE

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 8:37 am)Acky81 Can't be that fussed as they gave away 547 to saltmeadows. 99 is coping ok with larger buses as I witnessed yesterday it was busy. I saw a solar on 238 at ryhope which begs the question how's that get round northlea at Seaham then I saw a solo nexus bus on 38 at lunchtime at tunstall bank est. bigger buses should be on the 38 not 238. Why this interworks is beyond me!!
Seeing a small 38 did remind me of the old 141 round TBE

The 2 NEXUS solo's are allocated to the 38 during the day now... seems daft to me to

RE: Go North East - Latest - Acky81 - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 8:40 am)Michael The 2 NEXUS solo's are allocated to the 38 during the day now... seems daft to me to
Lost the plot GNE too small and wrong colour

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 4:53 am)Dan The McDonalds thing is fairly recent (it's happened at some point this month). I know Stagecoach has had that deal for donkeys on and off, but GNE have always had something red on the back of their tickets.

Arriva have been doing them for a while too, especially on buses in Darlington.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 28 Aug 2014

9120 on 10:03 - 8 at The Galleries heading to Sunderland now, for those interested.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 9:08 am)NEBCD Malarkey 9120 on 10:03 - 8 at The Galleries heading to Sunderland now, for those interested.

I thought it was due to go back to evobus?, looks like GNE have a extension on it

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 28 Aug 2014

No connectivity on 6051's wifi since I connected at Wrekenton, all the way to Deckham, by which time I'd gave up. Managed to connect fine, and accepted the terms when prompted. Tried to run a speed test which also reported network issues.

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 8:58 am)Jimmi Arriva have been doing them for a while too, especially on buses in Darlington.

Used to have dates on the ticket rolls but now I notice they state 6 weeks from the issue of the ticket itself. They tend to appear every now and again at our depot but doesn't seem to be any pattern to it?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm)tyresmoke Used to have dates on the ticket rolls but now I notice they state 6 weeks from the issue of the ticket itself. They tend to appear every now and again at our depot but doesn't seem to be any pattern to it?

Aye, Maccy's divvint care about the dates though! Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm)tyresmoke Used to have dates on the ticket rolls but now I notice they state 6 weeks from the issue of the ticket itself. They tend to appear every now and again at our depot but doesn't seem to be any pattern to it?

10 weeks on the GNE one I have.
Didn't get one today.

(28 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm)Dan Aye, Maccy's divvint care about the dates though! Tongue

I got some Vouchers in WH Smith in the MetroCentre for McDonalds, seems like there Vouchers are here there and everywhere. Only bought 2 Tins of Model Paint.

(28 Aug 2014, 5:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got some Vouchers in WH Smith in the MetroCentre for McDonalds, seems like there Vouchers are here there and everywhere. Only bought 2 Tins of Model Paint.

Suppose it is a good way to tout for business

(28 Aug 2014, 5:43 pm)marxistafozzski Suppose it is a good way to tout for business

Boost Profits and make the Country Obese like the U.S more like.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 28 Aug 2014

(28 Aug 2014, 5:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got some Vouchers in WH Smith in the MetroCentre for McDonalds, seems like there Vouchers are here there and everywhere. Only bought 2 Tins of Model Paint.

I went there last week and I went on self service checkout because there was a massive queue for a normal till and it said take your voucher but it didn't give me one.

(28 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Boost Profits and make the Country Obese like the U.S more like.

Lol...I remember years ago a fat bloke and his missus were just before me in the queue, when asked what he wanted he answered "Supersize Big Mac" when asked what drink he wanted he simply said "Diet Coke" [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]