North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 8:20 pm)Dan 7624 now converted to MAX: https://flic.kr/p/o5xiK3

And will soon be appearing on the streets of North Tyneside and the Coast Road!

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - upt50k - 27 Jun 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 8:53 am)upt50k I did not realise that the solos were rented as they have seats trimmed in Arriva colours When Scarlet Band lost the contract last time they bought some of the Solos off rent at a favourable rate.Would Arriva been able have been able to do the same if they had a use for them? They have not had a particularly hard life on park and ride duties
These will be welcome at Darlington as replacement for old Darts and when repainted will look the business.Also the fitters will be up to speed with servicing and repairing them.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 27 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm)Dan They couldn't allow something to be withdrawn either though?

What happens come summer when those two B9TLs have to move to Redcar/Whitby again in the summer?

They would allow two to be withdrawn in the meantime as happens usually; by the next summer another couple will be spare.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - mb134 - 27 Jun 2014

Any idea on what series the B9TL'S will be numbered, will they continue in the 76XX series with the VDL Gemini's or will they put them in a new series?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 27 Jun 2014

(27 Jun 2014, 4:47 pm)mb134 Any idea on what series the B9TL'S will be numbered, will they continue in the 76XX series with the VDL Gemini's or will they put them in a new series?

Either 7811 - 7816 or 7901 - 7906

(27 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm)DaveyBowyer Either 7811 - 7816 or 7901 - 7906
What will happen after 79xx will they go back to 71xx and keep deckers starting with 7 as they always have ot will they go to 81xx?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 27 Jun 2014

(27 Jun 2014, 6:25 pm)DaveyBowyer Either 7811 - 7816 or 7901 - 7906

Don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet they're kept in the 74xx series with the B7s.... Either 7495-7500 or 7401-6 possibly? My guess is as good as yours

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 27 Jun 2014

(27 Jun 2014, 7:41 pm)tyresmoke Don't know the answer but I'm willing to bet they're kept in the 74xx series with the B7s.... Either 7495-7500 or 7401-6 possibly? My guess is as good as yours

@tyresmoke, are they gan fir the full height version or low height like the Eclipse Gemini body's at Blyth?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - buznut - 27 Jun 2014

What is the point of arriva having different shaded liveries?
Their interurban brand is very reconizable.I get the sapphire concept of having a luxury brand on some limited flagship routes.I dont really understand the creation of the Max livery.A waste of money in my opinion.I think the advert on gemini 7608 looks daft....are they going to be route branded in the future!Good to see the older buses gonna be withdrawn with the imminent new arrivals.

(27 Jun 2014, 8:08 pm)DaveyBowyer @tyresmoke, are they gan fir the full height version or low height like the Eclipse Gemini body's at Blyth?

Believe they're dealer stock so will presumably be full height. East Yorkshire have just got some from Volvo dealer stock and they are full height ones.

(27 Jun 2014, 8:11 pm)buznut What is the point of arriva having different shaded liveries?
Their interurban brand is very reconizable.I get the sapphire concept of having a luxury brand on some limited flagship routes.I dont really understand the creation of the Max livery.A waste of money in my opinion.I think the advert on gemini 7608 looks daft....are they going to be route branded in the future!Good to see the older buses gonna be withdrawn with the imminent new arrivals.

The Max livery should be completed with branding once all of them are completed in a few months time, they're just doing 3 at a time I understand. Yorkshire are having some done by Bus & Coach world at Blackburn at the same time

(27 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm)tyresmoke The Max livery should be completed with branding once all of them are completed in a few months time, they're just doing 3 at a time I understand. Yorkshire are having some done by Bus & Coach world at Blackburn at the same time
Will the branding be of the route etc or just have MAX wrote everywhere?

(27 Jun 2014, 9:18 pm)mb134 Will the branding be of the route etc or just have MAX wrote everywhere?

I believe they will be route branded - as well as Max in a brand together. The seats have Max branding on them internally too... All to do with upgrading the longer distance routes across the North East and Yorkshire (whereas Sapphire is a UK-wide project by Arriva UK).

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Adrian - 27 Jun 2014

I can see why route branding works from a marketing perspective, but it's utterly pointless branding anything operated from Blyth, seeing as nobody is forcing them to get their house in order.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 28 Jun 2014

(27 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm)tyresmoke Believe they're dealer stock so will presumably be full height. East Yorkshire have just got some from Volvo dealer stock and they are full height ones.

The Max livery should be completed with branding once all of them are completed in a few months time, they're just doing 3 at a time I understand. Yorkshire are having some done by Bus & Coach world at Blackburn at the same time

If they are dealer stock won't they have high back seats then? When are they due?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - phillip - 28 Jun 2014

the same this will happen just like the 308 b5lh's they go on nearly every route

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 6:32 pm)phillip the same this will happen just like the 308 b5lh's they go on nearly every route

Here's a question for you all. How long do you think Arriva will keep the B5LH on the 308 and, do you think it will be the next candidate for a Sapphire upgrade?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm)DaveyBowyer Here's a question for you all. How long do you think Arriva will keep the B5LH on the 308 and, do you think it will be the next candidate for a Sapphire upgrade?

Believe they have to keep them on for so many years, in line with Green Bus Fund rules? 5 springs to mind?

Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 9:12 pm)aureolin Believe they have to keep them on for so many years, in line with Green Bus Fund rules? 5 springs to mind?
It may depend on the funding given, but I certainly believe it was 5 years for Go North East's B5LHs on the Angel - think we discussed it a little while ago when discussing upgrading the Angel.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 9:46 pm)Dan It may depend on the funding given, but I certainly believe it was 5 years for Go North East's B5LHs on the Angel - think we discussed it a little while ago when discussing upgrading the Angel.

I wonder what route they'll end up on. It probably won't be the 306 but I'd probably say it'll be the 43 or moved elsewhere.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 29 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 10:50 pm)DaveyBowyer I wonder what route they'll end up on. It probably won't be the 306 but I'd probably say it'll be the 43 or moved elsewhere.

I don't think they will be going anywhere for a while.