North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 9:25 am)idiot The 18/19 isn't dead however is usually running 5 mins late!

It runs with about 3/4 people on it

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 9:26 am)Acky81 It runs with about 3/4 people on it

It depends on time of the day, i got on the 18 at 8:15 yesterday and their was a few seats left - going towards Southwick.

Busy times are normally 8am till 10pm then 3pm till 5pm

I remember when it used to run on a Sunday

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - DavidP - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 9:12 am)Acky81 I just think stagecoach need to introduce or extend some routes. It was 2005 when we had a major shake up. Loads of new estates opened up and some gone. New shopping areas. Perhaps have some to Washington Seaham. Don't get me wrong some routes are good but others ie 18/19 run empty. What routes could open up?? Looking forward to gas buses

Thanks Acky81.

I remember back in the day when the 118 and 121/122, before they were joined up into the 118/119, ran every 10 minutes and were very well used. With a reduction to every 20 minutes then every 30 minutes and the diversions via Hendon and the Eye Infirmary to replace the 6, the 18/19 just don't seem to provide an attractive service any more.

As for the housing estates, all of them appear to have a service to the City Centre every 10 minutes or better whilst Go-Ahead provide 10 minute links to Washington and Seaham. Are these not sufficient or are there other specific links not currently being provided for?

Regards
David

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 08 Feb 2014

Number 6 18 and 19 routes are far too long in my opinion. I knew 6 would vanish when Alex bridge was temp one way due to paint job

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm)DavidP Thanks Acky81.

I remember back in the day when the 118 and 121/122, before they were joined up into the 118/119, ran every 10 minutes and were very well used. With a reduction to every 20 minutes then every 30 minutes and the diversions via Hendon and the Eye Infirmary to replace the 6, the 18/19 just don't seem to provide an attractive service any more.

Although only moderately used maybe, the 18/19 Grindon Circle provides a useful SERVICE, something bus companies must remember they need to do. If they only operate buses at times when they're full and standing, it's like a shoe shop only selling sizes 7, 8 & 9 or a clothes shop only selling trousers with 32", 34" & 36" waists, etc, - they're not providing a useful overall SERVICE, and we don't want to see Stagecoach going the same way as Go North East and constantly snipping away at the edges until the service is of no use to anyone (eg X3) or cancelling moderately used routes (eg OK1).

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm)Greg in Weardale Although only moderately used maybe, the 18/19 Grindon Circle provides a useful SERVICE, something bus companies must remember they need to do. If they only operate buses at times when they're full and standing, it's like a shoe shop only selling sizes 7, 8 & 9 or a clothes shop only selling trousers with 32", 34" & 36" waists, etc, - they're not providing a useful overall SERVICE, and we don't want to see Stagecoach going the same way as Go North East and constantly snipping away at the edges until the service is of no use to anyone (eg X3) or cancelling moderately used routes (eg OK1).

Not the X3 again......

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm)citaro5284 Not the X3 again......

Why not?
When used in the correct context (as it was), cant see any issues with Greg using it here.

(08 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm)Greg in Weardale Although only moderately used maybe, the 18/19 Grindon Circle provides a useful SERVICE, something bus companies must remember they need to do. If they only operate buses at times when they're full and standing, it's like a shoe shop only selling sizes 7, 8 & 9 or a clothes shop only selling trousers with 32", 34" & 36" waists, etc, - they're not providing a useful overall SERVICE, and we don't want to see Stagecoach going the same way as Go North East and constantly snipping away at the edges until the service is of no use to anyone (eg X3) or cancelling moderately used routes (eg OK1).

So GNE do not provide a SERVICE.......what planet are you on? You clearly have an axe to grind with GNE like GTOM mentioned some weeks ago and like others on here, want to have a dig at GNE at every opportunity.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - ... - 08 Feb 2014

Stockton have sent 17025/26 for the SAFC match day park & ride- is this the first time these have made their way onto the SAFC P&R?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 08 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 4:41 pm)dans_bus_photos Stockton have sent 17025/26 for the SAFC match day park & ride- is this the first time these have made their way onto the SAFC P&R?

Yes, I believe so

(08 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm)citaro5284 So GNE do not provide a SERVICE.......what planet are you on? You clearly have an axe to grind with GNE like GTOM mentioned some weeks ago and like others on here, to have a dig at GNE at every opportunity.

How is that chip on your shoulder getting on?
It must be getting cold sitting there in this weather mind - cos you seem convinced that people are having a dig or are obsessed about GNE.
Maybe there are digs, just as there are digs other companies (see comments on this thread about this operator and comments in the ANE thread) - not sure people do it at every opportunity though.

Chill, relax, programme some destination blinds or sit in the corner playing with Eric and derric for a bit.

(08 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm)andreos1 How is that chip on your shoulder getting on?
It must be getting cold sitting there in this weather mind - cos you seem convinced that people are having a dig or are obsessed about GNE.
Maybe there are digs, just as there are digs other companies (see comments on this thread about this operator and comments in the ANE thread) - not sure people do it at every opportunity though.

Chill, relax, programme some destination blinds or sit in the corner playing with Eric and derric for a bit.

Thank you for your reply, I will not belittle myself throwing any comments back to you, as clearly you are not worth it. It appears to be getting personal between us as it has with you and others, maybe you should taking a look at yourself, but do not fear, I will go and play with my destination blinds and leave you in peace.

(08 Feb 2014, 9:08 pm)citaro5284 Thank you for your reply, I will not belittle myself throwing any comments back to you, as clearly you are not worth it. It appears to be getting personal between us as it has with you and others, maybe you should taking a look at yourself, but do not fear, I will go and play with my destination blinds and leave you in peace.

Not personal at all from my point of view.
If you want to go around, stating that me and whoever else have issues, are obsessed and take every opportunity we can to have a pop and at the same time, you make flippant remarks at a comment you don't appreciate about an operator, vehicle, route etc., then fire away.

As I said, not personal from my point of view...

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Robinwtait.19 - 08 Feb 2014

Does anyone know where 33101 is it has not been seen for the last couple of days. Regards Robin

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Youngymmv - 09 Feb 2014

35190 full repainted but still has Sunderland mega rider decal forgot to post earlier!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 09 Feb 2014

(08 Feb 2014, 11:41 pm)Robinwtait.19 Does anyone know where 33101 is it has not been seen for the last couple of days. Regards Robin

Currently VOR since end of Jan. Getting repaired though, waiting new part to be fitted.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Robinwtait.19 - 09 Feb 2014

Cheers Matt for info about 33101. Regards Robin

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 10 Feb 2014

Latest repaint at Stockton is MAN 22066. In plain livery.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Half Pint - 11 Feb 2014

If anyone is still after 33101 it's been back on road a few days doing it's usual rounds on the 17/18

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Half Pint - 11 Feb 2014

(06 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm)Robinwtait.19 Michael. 10 Extra Buses are coming to south shields next Month For the Service X34 which is Using Enviro 400's just now. They are coming from Newcastle which I have learnt about from a shields Driver I Know. Regards Robin

Why would the X34 need 13 deckers? pmsl

I mean if you can find the space at depot to fit 10 extra deckers then be my guest. We do indeed have 3 deckers but a 4th one for spare would be needed as sometimes we cannot get all 3 on road for one problem or the other 19196 for example which is off for gearbox problems. What kind of frequency are we looking at here for a 13 decker X34 service? haha