North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm)andreos1 Just read last nights Sunderland Echo and there is a feature on page 3 of the new vehicles.

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer Katie from Southend on page 3 Big Grin

Nothing online yet. I've noticed they've started delaying what content is placed online, in the hope you'll buy the "local" rag.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 2:29 pm)aureolin Nothing online yet. I've noticed they've started delaying what content is placed online, in the hope you'll buy the "local" rag.

The other stories on the site are all in last nights paper - but not that one.
The guy who robbed the old lady is on the front page for example.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Feb 2014

Forgot to ask, how was the ride, was it quiet, load?

The buses seem to be full of visitor's by pictures.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Adrian - 16 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm)Michael Forgot to ask, how was the ride, was it quiet, load?

The buses seem to be full of visitor's by pictures.

Both buses on both runs went out full. A lot of people wanting to get a ride on both vehicles. The buses are quite quiet I thought, but I thought they'd be quieter for some reason?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - jamesmccrossan@yahoo.co.uk - 16 Feb 2014

does anyone know when the gas buses go into service

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Feb 2014

For question above

(15 Feb 2014, 11:43 am)Dan 28001 - 28017 (the examples which were shown at the Open Day yesterday) are to be allocated to services 16 and 20 from next month.
28018 - 28040, which are expected to be delivered from May 2014, will be allocated to services 3 and 13.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 16 Feb 2014

Whats the future for Stagecoach 10000, will it stay with Newcastle forever or move on, Hopefully might see the Euro 6 Enviro 400 in Newcastle in the future in bulk.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 17 Feb 2014

(16 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm)Arcticrossy92 Whats the future for Stagecoach 10000, will it stay with Newcastle forever or move on, Hopefully might see the Euro 6 Enviro 400 in Newcastle in the future in bulk.

It should return to Manchester, even though it is an ADL development vehicle.

When that will be, will be when they have enough comparison data for ADL. Answers on a postcard when that will be....! Has been surprising not see it go to any other region during its trial but I'm lead to believe it ADL have kept a close eye on it.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 17 Feb 2014

(17 Feb 2014, 1:19 am)mattdw92 It should return to Manchester, even though it is an ADL development vehicle.

When that will be, will be when they have enough comparison data for ADL. Answers on a postcard when that will be....! Has been surprising not see it go to any other region during its trial but I'm lead to believe it ADL have kept a close eye on it.

Been on it a few times, seems to sound slightly different and calmer around corners, I like the layout of the back of the bus as well with the exhaust, looks better.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - idiot - 17 Feb 2014

Alston Cres, Sunderland shut again... #23 on divert.

The sign at the top of the street has been altered from 3 days to 7. The works started last Tuesday.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - jamesmccrossan@yahoo.co.uk - 17 Feb 2014

is Stockton depot getting anymore Dennis Tridents

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - glen123 - 17 Feb 2014

there is more dennis tridents to come 4 more i think

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Feb 2014

What is the capacity for all of the stagecoach depots in the NE and teeside?

I just worked out by end of May/June that in the Sunderland fleet their will only be 13 buses which are not Gas and Enviro.

As Sunderland will have

41 Enviro buses
40 Gas
The other 13 - MAN and Darts?

Also in the press area of the stagecoach site:

GREEN GAS BUSES COME TO SUNDERLAND
Stagecoach North East in Sunderland is welcoming 17 new gas buses to the city in an official preview event on the 14th February 2014.

The 17 new gas buses will be officially on the road from late February following an investment from Stagecoach of over £2.5 million in buses and £1 million for the infrastructure at the Sunderland depot, which includes a gas plant for the fuel supply. The total investment of nearly £4 million was part-funded by a grant from the latest round of allocations from the Department for Transport’s (DfT) Green Bus Fund. - Seems their out in late February now... wrong?

The gas buses are a further extension of Stagecoach North East’s green agenda, as they will provide a cleaner, greener ride due to lower carbon emissions and therefore delivering a better living environment for the people of Sunderland. The 17 new gas buses follow the introduction of 21 new buses to the City in October last year.

The new biomethane gas buses in Wearside will be Scania/ADL Enviro 300 single-decker. All buses will be fitted with free Wifi.

Phil Medlicott, Managing Director, Stagecoach North East said: “We’re looking forward to the official launch of the gas buses and finally getting them on the road in Sunderland. The gas buses are a testament to Stagecoach’s green agenda as we continue to reduce our carbon footprint, and with the lower carbon emissions, it means a better environment for local people. We invite members of the public to come along to the Open Day, take a ride on the new buses and find out more about the unique way they operate through the process of anaerobic digestion.”

Members of the public are invited to the Open Day to view the new gas buses on the 14th February between 11am and 3pm. Rides will be taking place on the buses at 12pm and 1pm.

The 17 buses will be servicing routes 16 (Hastings Hill to Red House via city centre) and 20 (Pennywell to city centre).

----------------------
Past the date but thought i would share it

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Feb 2014

(17 Feb 2014, 12:29 pm)Michael The 17 new gas buses will be officially on the road from late February following an investment from Stagecoach of over £2.5 million in buses and £1 million for the infrastructure at the Sunderland depot, which includes a gas plant for the fuel supply. The total investment of nearly £4 million was part-funded by a grant from the latest round of allocations from the Department for Transport’s (DfT) Green Bus Fund. - Seems their out in February now... wrong?

Entirely possible it's been brought forward - the date I referred to (completion of infrastructure ETA end of Feb, gas buses being rolled out into service during the first week of March) was given to me during January.

I noticed a press release the other day that quoted the end of February for them to be rolled out by.

(17 Feb 2014, 12:46 pm)Dan Entirely possible it's been brought forward - the date I referred to (completion of infrastructure ETA end of Feb, gas buses being rolled out into service during the first week of March) was given to me during January.

I noticed a press release the other day that quoted the end of February for them to be rolled out by.

I bloody hope so, maybe its ahead of schedule.

Would like to see Sunderland as a 100% Gas bus depot - will be expensive but if they use the green bus round 5 (if it happens, although it probable's will happen) they could use that and buy some on the side.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Chris - 17 Feb 2014

(17 Feb 2014, 12:47 pm)Michael I bloody hope so, maybe its ahead of schedule.

Would like to see Sunderland as a 100% Gas bus depot - will be expensive but if they use the green bus round 5 (if it happens, although it probable's will happen) they could use that and buy some on the side.

It would, but after the capital infrastructure investment in the refuelling facility surely it makes more sense to have as many gas buses as possible?

Didn't Reading Transport purchase a batch of similar gas buses entirely commercially?

(17 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm)Chris It would, but after the capital infrastructure investment in the refuelling facility surely it makes more sense to have as many gas buses as possible?

Didn't Reading Transport purchase a batch of similar gas buses entirely commercially?

I think that's why they're considering all/most of Sunderland's services to be allocated gas buses in the future.

If I am correct, fourteen of Reading Transport's similar vehicles were funded by the Green Bus Fund (last year - same time as SNE). Only five were purchased entirely commercially. The GBF funded £3.4m towards 31 E400Hs too.

(17 Feb 2014, 1:17 pm)Chris It would, but after the capital infrastructure investment in the refuelling facility surely it makes more sense to have as many gas buses as possible?

It does make sense if it was 100% a Gas bus depot, aureolin posted some info about the gas buses from management from the open day.

(15 Feb 2014, 2:06 pm)aureolin And to add to that, from what I got from speaking to management yesterday was that Sunderland is seriously being looked for further gas bus investment beyond that, with a view of potentially becoming a 100% gas bus depot.

I hope they do buy them commercially, although i don't know how much each bus will cost - any one help on that?

Not sure about the reading gas buses.

(17 Feb 2014, 1:26 pm)Michael I hope they do buy them commercially, although i don't know how much each bus will cost - any one help on that?

I think it's roughly £185k - £200k per vehicle - depending on how many vehicles are being ordered at that time, any extras being fitted (Wi-Fi etc)...

So the GNE equivalent would be between a Euro 5 standard Merc to a Euro 5 B9TL with power sockets etc fitted (inc. VAT).