North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 17 Mar 2014

Details of upcoming changes on the Stagecoach website

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=9580

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Mar 2014

PB0002404/305 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between South Shields Market and New Crown Hotel given service number CS2 effective from 07-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0002404/307 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Four Lane Ends
Finish Point: Regent Centre
Via:
Service Number: Shuttle
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 11-MAY-2014
Other Details: North of England Childrens Cancer Run Shuttle Service

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 17 Mar 2014

(17 Mar 2014, 3:02 pm)Richard Smiles With the 40th Anniversary of Cleveland Transit (on Teesside), growing ever closer, it was formed on 1 April 1974, the attached Fleet List shows how the fleet looked 40 years ago.

Three Depot's at Middlesbrough, Stockton & South Bank 273! buses & mainly Double Deckers at that, a far cry from what we have now.

One Depot, 78 Buses of which most are now Single Deckers.

And later in 1974 it increased to five depots!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Mar 2014

Any updates on the gas re-fueling station, as their were minor problem's?

Has it being sorted?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Mar 2014

I'm up at the Eye Infirmary Tomorrow, are the Stagecoach Services still on Diversion up Stockton Road, and can I get on the 10 at the Temp Stop near Park Lane.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 17 Mar 2014

(17 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I'm up at the Eye Infirmary Tomorrow, are the Stagecoach Services still on Diversion up Stockton Road, and can I get on the 10 at the Temp Stop near Park Lane.

Diversion still in place mate. U can catch a 10 from outside Jameson whether spoons pub opposite old museum entrance best to get it here as Stockton road is congested and bus may run past u

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Malarkey - 17 Mar 2014

(17 Mar 2014, 10:08 pm)Acky81 Diversion still in place mate. U can catch a 10 from outside Jameson whether spoons pub opposite old museum entrance best to get it here as Stockton road is congested and bus may run past u

Cheers I'll just do that then as I normally get on there anyways, was just curious

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 18 Mar 2014

Not in service gas bus heading down durham road.

The 13 just gone past me and the bus smells like it will fail soon

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Robinwtait.19 - 18 Mar 2014

If 33101 & 33492 should leave south shields would we get 35188 & 35189 back at south shields. Regards Robin

Southbound closure of North Bridge Street, affecting Services 3,4,13,16,23 and E1,E2,E6 Service Update
During Sunday 6 April 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close the southbound carriageway of North Bridge Street to allow for roadworks.

Last Updated : 18 March 2014 10:23

It is anticipated the road closure will be in place between approximately 0800 and 1130 on Sunday 6 April 2014, during which period buses will not be able to serve their normal southbound stops at Wheatsheaf Bus Bay or along Dundas Street.

During the works period, southbound Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and E2 will be diverted from Southwick Road via Roker Avenue, Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, observing all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route.

During the works period, southbound Services 23, E1 and E6 will be diverted from Roker Avenue to operate via Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, again observing all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Northbound services from Sunderland City Centre should be unaffected by these works.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate these services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, due to the additional mileage which is required by this diversion, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to delays and disruption.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these necessary highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 18 Mar 2014

(18 Mar 2014, 1:50 pm)ADLEnviro No as 33101 & 33492 are North East reserve vehicles, although they are in South Shields care they are not part of South Shields allocation.

There is a time whereby reserve vehicles have to be withdrawn and other buses often replace these vehicles in reserve role?

Possibly make more sense to put the eldest Pointer 2 Darts in reserve mind.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 18 Mar 2014

Due to Tram Replacements in Sheffield again this summer, there is now further delays to the cascade of the remaining Tridents to Stockton. The E400s due for Northampton (who have Hull's final 3 from their original 9 on loan) and the additional example for Hull have been diverted to work the Replacement services which will last until the autumn, which effectively makes the Trident transfer the longest on-going transfer ever.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 19 Mar 2014

Back when i was a young laddy, I remember getting on the 12 from Walker, and from time to time the bus would be branded for the Metrocentre inside and out, obviously off route, Although currently the 12 runs from Byker depot, where as the 100 runs from Slatyford.

At some point has the 100 been ran from the Byker depot, or was the 12 run from Slatyford at some point.

I also remember getting on a old stripes bus Alx200 with shields branding on the side for the 18, Was this a loan at the time, I remember it was almost certainly a Alx200 because of the seating inside and how small it was.

Baring in mind this was years and years ago, if anyone has any knowledge It would be appreciated.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 19 Mar 2014

(19 Mar 2014, 5:14 am)ADLEnviro Stagecoach's reserve fleet was only built up to the size it was due to the Olympic contract. We've seen a massive reduction since then and this reduction will be ongoing over the next year. It's handy to have an operational reserve fleet, look back to the Carlisle floods to see this, but it is not needed. Now its just a case of hang onto as many as you can for as long as you can, Perth catches up eventually though.

Out of interest as I don't follow company fleet allocations ect, how many vehicles do Go North East keep as operational reserve vehicles?

Excluding each depot's spare vehicles which overall is approximately 20%, I'd assume these 'operational reserve vehicles' are the float vehicles which citaro5284 mentioned a few days ago in regards to B10BLE 4845. I don't think there are any documents on the public domain which reveal a specific number to enthusiasts, but I'd imagine single figures...

I hadn't realised Stagecoach used a similar system, hence my assumption that 33101/492 were a part of South Shields' allocated spare percentage. This often decreases when new vehicles arrive due to greater reliability inflicted by the newer vehicles, hence the overall assumption on this site and others that those two vehicles would be replaced when withdrawn.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - JakeSavage - 19 Mar 2014

Until 2003, slatyford operated the majority of 12a/12b trips, which were single deck scanias running chapel house - fenham - walker - wallsend. Byker supplimented this with the 12, between west denton and walker. So entirely probable that you'll have travelled on a metrocentre liveried vehicle.

Service 100 has always been operated by slatyford.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 19 Mar 2014

36965 is currently sat with an engineer at gartland road in grindon... not sure whats wrong with it.

Stockton ALX300 22463 currently at the back of the Wheatsheaf.

(19 Mar 2014, 3:52 pm)Michael 36965 is currently sat with an engineer at gartland road in grindon... not sure whats wrong with it.

Is now working again and working the 19 which 22021 was seemingly covering for.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 19 Mar 2014

(19 Mar 2014, 6:00 pm)Dan Is now working again and working the 19 which 22021 was seemingly covering for.

Least it was a quick fix