North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 08 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 9:28 pm)glen123 I don't why we are getting sunderland mans we don't need them in stockton we need new buses not the old mans.

These MANs are replacing examples in worse conditions (22198/9 the first 2 replaced) and, as said elsewhere, are only a short-term measure and will be replaced later this year.

And it's not just Stockton getting MANs, 22214 has been reported at Slatyford.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - glen123 - 08 Mar 2014

Thank for that

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 09 Mar 2014

(08 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm)Kuyoyo These MANs are replacing examples in worse conditions (22198/9 the first 2 replaced) and, as said elsewhere, are only a short-term measure and will be replaced later this year.

And it's not just Stockton getting MANs, 22214 has been reported at Slatyford.

22198 hasn't been replaced. Was on 13 yesterday (as was 22453).

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Richard Smiles - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 8:18 am)Roland Pratt 22198 hasn't been replaced. Was on 13 yesterday (as was 22453).

22198 has been "formally" recorded on the latest Fleet Card as Stockton to Reserve together with 22199.

However, my interpretation of Reserve means that it can be reinstated if required. Could it be that one of the 211xx vehicles has been sent from Stockton back to Busways to replace fire damaged 21153. And 22198 has in turn been reinstated to replace that or simply that they are perhaps just a bit short of buses at Stockton at the moment.

There are all sorts of reasons.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - ... - 09 Mar 2014

Looks like Stagecoach were not a fan of the gas E300s on the Sunday service 3, as it is back to E200s this week with 36090,36968 been seen on there so far today.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 9:46 am)dans_bus_photos Looks like Stagecoach were not a fan of the gas E300s on the Sunday service 3, as it is back to E200s this week with 36090,36968 been seen on there so far today.

XD they have to a fan of them, the service 3 is allocated them from May Tongue

(09 Mar 2014, 10:09 am)Michael XD they have to a fan of them, the service 3 is allocated them from May Tongue

I meant the Sunday service! Obviously does not justify e300s

(09 Mar 2014, 10:35 am)dans_bus_photos I meant the Sunday service! Obviously does not justify e300s

Tongue, wonder where they are today then... 16 and 20 defiantly but wonder if they have them on the 4,5A,23.. i'll keep a check on the 5A/23 when it passes my house

Edit: normal working on the 10:44am 23 - which is running a couple mins late

(09 Mar 2014, 8:40 am)Richard Smiles 22198 has been "formally" recorded on the latest Fleet Card as Stockton to Reserve together with 22199.

However, my interpretation of Reserve means that it can be reinstated if required. Could it be that one of the 211xx vehicles has been sent from Stockton back to Busways to replace fire damaged 21153. And 22198 has in turn been reinstated to replace that or simply that they are perhaps just a bit short of buses at Stockton at the moment.

There are all sorts of reasons.

All three 211xx were still in service at Stockton on Thursday. Maybe one of the new arrivals is covering for 24113.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 10:35 am)dans_bus_photos I meant the Sunday service! Obviously does not justify e300s

Regardless of the day of the week, service 3 will be allocated the gas buses come May - so whatever the reason for not allocating them today, they'll have to get used to allocating them again in two months' time.

Why would the Sunday operation not 'justify' the allocation of a vehicle which is likely to have cheaper running costs? I do hope 'passenger numbers' isn't going to be the argument, because they were rammed last week in the North section of Sunderland.

There were some issues with time-keeping which I noticed, but nothing major and if they keep to time on services 16/20 (which the majority of services have from what I've seen, esp. service 20 which has been managing to complete the route in even less time than it previously did), I can't see this being a recurring issue.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 10:48 am)Dan Regardless of the day of the week, service 3 will be allocated the gas buses come May - so whatever the reason for not allocating them today, they'll have to get used to allocating them again in two months' time.

Why would the Sunday operation not 'justify' the allocation of a vehicle which is likely to have cheaper running costs? I do hope 'passenger numbers' isn't going to be the argument, because they were rammed last week in the North section of Sunderland.

There were some issues with time-keeping which I noticed, but nothing major and if they keep to time on services 16/20 (which the majority of services have from what I've seen, esp. service 20 which has been managing to complete the route in even less time than it previously did), I can't see this being a recurring issue.

Didn't someone say there were issues with the gas refuelling bay?
If the buses cant be refuelled, then it could explain why they aren't out.

edit. Richard Smiles shared the info on Friday afternoon.

(09 Mar 2014, 10:48 am)Dan Regardless of the day of the week, service 3 will be allocated the gas buses come May - so whatever the reason for not allocating them today, they'll have to get used to allocating them again in two months' time.

I agree they have to get used to gas buses on the 3 from May, if they like it or not... they could be on the 13 this week though, don't know how it will justify costs, wouldn't it be cheaper for them running the gas buses?
Time keeping has always being a issue on a Sunday for some services.. the 23 was the worst one before they extended it to Seaburn on a Sunday to give it extra running time... it seem's to of worked.

They might be having problems with the gas filling thing but does it stop them having the gas buses out, the 16 and 20 was all gas yesterday, not sure why it would stop them having the others out today?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 10:57 am)Michael I agree they have to get used to gas buses on the 3 from May, if they like it or not... they could be on the 13 this week though, don't know how it will justify costs, wouldn't it be cheaper for them running the gas buses?
Time keeping has always being a issue on a Sunday for some services.. the 23 was the worst one before they extended it to Seaburn on a Sunday to give it extra running time... it seem's to of worked.

They might be having problems with the gas filling thing but does it stop them having the gas buses out, the 16 and 20 was all gas yesterday, not sure why it would stop them having the others out today?

Suppose it depends on what the problem is.
The vehicles may only be being half filled - so a swap occurs later.
Half of the bay may not be working, so half of the fleet can't be used.

There could be a whole range of reasons, but an educated guess would say there was some sort of connection with some of gas buses not being out and apparent problems with the fuelling station.

It might just be Sunderland's allocation is all to pot, as ive just seen 22468 out on the 4/13s and 35157 as the extra 23 working.

(09 Mar 2014, 11:23 am)dans_bus_photos It might just be Sunderland's allocation is all to pot, as ive just seen 22468 out on the 4/13s and 35157 as the extra 23 working.

Christ... I can't even recall the last time I saw an ALX300 out on a Sunday 4.

(09 Mar 2014, 11:26 am)Dan Christ... I can't even recall the last time I saw an ALX300 out on a Sunday 4.

Must be having a day off for allocations today! Tongue

(09 Mar 2014, 11:28 am)Michael Must be having a day off for allocations today! Tongue

To be fair, aren't Sunderland terrible for allocations on a daily basis? Tongue

(09 Mar 2014, 11:29 am)Dan To be fair, aren't Sunderland terrible for allocations on a daily basis? Tongue

I think they do well for allocations but there not as bad as GNE haha

(09 Mar 2014, 11:43 am)Michael I think they do well for allocations but there not as bad as GNE haha

Who in turn can't be as bad as Arriva Redcar/Whitby!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 09 Mar 2014

Just noticed a MAN on the 4 at Doxford park thought these were in the garage on Sundays lol