North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Acky81 - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 2:06 pm)Acky81 Just noticed a MAN on the 4 at Doxford park thought these were in the garage on Sundays lol

Having said that it might have been a 13

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 09 Mar 2014

(09 Mar 2014, 11:16 am)Andreos Constantopolous Suppose it depends on what the problem is.
The vehicles may only be being half filled - so a swap occurs later.
Half of the bay may not be working, so half of the fleet can't be used.

There could be a whole range of reasons, but an educated guess would say there was some sort of connection with some of gas buses not being out and apparent problems with the fuelling station.

I think you're right. As I have just noted on the rare and odd workings thread, there is an ALX300 out on service 20 today which is allocated the gas buses during the week.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Mar 2014

Stagecoach training bus out and about this morning

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Tom - 10 Mar 2014

22214 is now at Slatyford.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Robinwtait.19 - 10 Mar 2014

Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 10 Mar 2014

(10 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin

Because South Shields dont need them..

(10 Mar 2014, 8:57 pm)Robinwtait.19 Dan. Just Seen picture of 22214 now working for Newcastle insteed of Sunderland. Just what is Stagecoach north East Playing at sending the mans to Newcastle and not South Shields. Regards Robin

What's the point in sending them to South Shields? They have a decent set of 03/04 and it seems illogical to replace newer MAN's with older MAN's.

Obviously 22214 is required at Slatyford, so that's why it's there.

(10 Mar 2014, 9:02 pm)Michael Because South Shields dont need them..

Exactly Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - ... - 10 Mar 2014

Because Slatyford and Stockton have MANs of the same age that are in a worse condition- wheras South Shields dont, apart from the 2 'reserve' ALX200s South Shields oldest bus is 2003 (22022), 4 years newer than the T reg MANs.

Can i ask why you want the T reg MANs to go to Shields so much? And what would you want them to replace at Shields?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 10 Mar 2014

(10 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm)Tom 22214 is now at Slatyford.

Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Robin - with all due respect - many people, including myself, have answered this question from when you've asked it previously.

Excluding Driver Trainer vehicles, the oldest vehicles at South Shields depot are ALX200s 33101/33492. These vehicles are both reserves at this depot. The eldest ALX300 was manufactured in 2003. If ALX300s from Sunderland were to make their way to South Shields, you would be taking a backward step. The examples which have been removed from service at Sunderland depot are non-DDA. South Shields is fully DDA-compliant, minus the two reserve ALX200s.

There are ALX300s at Slatyford which are in worse condition than 22214, which was the example transferred. This vehicle will presumably replace one of the ALX300s at Slatyford which is in pretty bad shape.

Can I ask that this, and the posts which precede my own, bring an end to this question being asked repetitively?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Richard Smiles - 10 Mar 2014

Could you please explain why you would want "Older Buses" going to South Shields, when you have a Modern Fleet of buses.

Talk about losing the will to live, how about South Shields sending ALL of their Newish buses to Teesside & then you can have ALL the 15 year old MANs from Stockton, that will breakdown etc., etc.

No doubt then your question will be why haven't South Shields got any New Buses???, because Robin wants old knackered MANs.

Meanwhile back on Planet Earth.....

(10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm)Dan Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Sorry, don't pay much attention to Stagecoach Wink

Besides, I'm guessing 33101/33492 will be replaced quite soon by cascaded Darts. As Robin wants them so much, I don't see why a couple of MAN ALX300's can't head to Shields to replace the older Darts?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Richard Smiles - 10 Mar 2014

(10 Mar 2014, 9:06 pm)Dan Scott noted this a few days ago - see post here. It was also included in yesterday's news update.

Robin - with all due respect - many people, including myself, have answered this question from when you've asked it previously.

Excluding Driver Trainer vehicles, the oldest vehicles at South Shields depot are ALX200s 33101/33492. These vehicles are both reserves at this depot. The eldest ALX300 was manufactured in 2003. If ALX300s from Sunderland were to make their way to South Shields, you would be taking a backward step. The examples which have been removed from service at Sunderland depot are non-DDA. South Shields is fully DDA-compliant, minus the two reserve ALX200s.

There are ALX300s at Slatyford which are in worse condition than 22214, which was the example transferred. This vehicle will presumably replace one of the ALX300s at Slatyford which is in pretty bad shape.

Can I ask that this, and the posts which precede my own, bring an end to this question being asked repetitively?
Here!, Here! to that Dan.

(10 Mar 2014, 9:09 pm)Tom Besides, I'm guessing 33101/33492 will be replaced quite soon by cascaded Darts. As Robin wants them so much, I don't see why a couple of MAN ALX300's can't head to Shields to replace the older Darts?

I'd assume this was down to the fact that ALX200s are classed as midi-vehicles (?) whereas ALX300s are full sized single deckers. You'd try your best to replace midi-vehicles with midi-vehicles, unless you're upgrading a particular service's vehicle type owing to high passenger numbers.

It's likely that the replacements for 33101/492 are likely to be sourced from Newcastle when they lose the contract for services 33/33A.

To all conserned I will not be sending any more messages at All for that nasty message I received. Thanks For Nothing Robin

(10 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm)Robinwtait.19 To all conserned I will not be sending any more messages at All for that nasty message I received. Thanks For Nothing Robin

I don't think any of the posts were nasty, Robin. They were designed to help you and to answer your question.

I can understand that some members of the forum may be somewhat irritated if the same question is asked over and over again, with a reason being provided by someone each and every time.

Do you Know if 33101 & 33492 Are Staying At South Shields Or Not if so let me know as soon as possible. Thanks Dan Mate Regards Robin

(10 Mar 2014, 9:35 pm)Robinwtait.19 Do you Know if 33101 & 33492 Are Staying At South Shields Or Not if please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks Dan Mate Regards Robin

It's suggested that they will be replaced by darts from Slatyford when Stagecoach loose the 33 contract (Newcastle-Hollywood Avenue).

Thanks Tom For Info. Regards Robin

(10 Mar 2014, 9:39 pm)Robinwtait.19 Thanks Tom For Info. Regards Robin

No problem! Smile

Tom. Any more news about the state of 21153 after the fire last week. Is it to be scraped or Repaired. I saw the Pictures At the weekend. Regards Robin Ok Goodnight