North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm)Davie By saying 'Long shots' do you mean photos like this - https://flic.kr/p/s2rNpK?

I never said 'Long shots'. I was merely suggesting you all move away from the bus stations and find somewhere more interesting to take photographs. If everyone takes photographs as buses are leaving (or entering or parked in) bus stations, then why would I need to see the exact same shot, albeit by different people, over and over and over again. It's boring.

As for your photo, it's alright. A nice shot of the beach heading from Tynemouth towards Cullercoats.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:41 pm)MurdnunoC I never said 'Long shots'. I was merely suggesting you all move away from the bus stations and find somewhere more interesting to take photographs. If everyone takes photographs as buses are leaving (or entering or parked in) bus stations, then why would I need to see the exact same shot, albeit by different people, over and over and over again. It's boring.

As for your photo, it's alright. A nice shot of the beach heading from Tynemouth towards Cullercoats.
I see where your coming from. Once I get my new camera I am hoping to go back to the road where I took this photo https://flic.kr/p/w1Ac4o

(02 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm)Davie I see where your coming from. Once I get my new camera I am hoping to go back to the road where I took this photo https://flic.kr/p/w1Ac4o

Great North Road, across from Town Moor?

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - NK53 TKT - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm)MurdnunoC Great North Road, across from Town Moor?

That's what you call a long shot Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:36 pm)Davie By saying 'Long shots' do you mean photos like this - https://flic.kr/p/s2rNpK?

That's a more scenic shot, and in my opinion, nicer to look at. I'd perhaps crop the foreground right down though, so the bus becomes the subject of the photo - rather than the roundabout. Most scenic photos I take are over compensated, and I just cut them down once I'm on a computer. I'd rather over compensate than under compensate, as you can't fix the latter. 

As for bus station shots. I'm not a fan myself, but I'll tend to spend a short while there for the sake of capturing as many vehicles as I can on photo. Then once I have the majority of a batch on photo, I can spend time getting better or more scenic shots of the photos.

(02 Sep 2015, 8:49 pm)NK53 TKT That's what you call a long shot Wink

Not really. An educated guess perhaps but I may be mistaken. Do you wish to take a punt on where the photo was taken?

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 02 Sep 2015

@aureolin Thanks for the advice, that was the first (And to memory my only) attempt at scenic bus photos, I am hoping to try them more often

(02 Sep 2015, 8:53 pm)MurdnunoC Not really. An educated guess perhaps but I may be mistaken. Do you wish to take a punt on where the photo was taken?

Yes, but I would say for it to be a hugely long shots it would need to be from Cow Hill facing towards the new Classic Car Museum

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm)NK53 TKT Yes, but I would say for it to be a hugely long shots it would need to be from Cow Hill facing towards the new Classic Car Museum

I think MurdnunoC misinterpreted your post, due to you seemingly misinterpreting his post originally.

It came across like you were suggesting his guess at the photo location was a "long shot", tongue in cheek based on the photography term discussed prior. I'm guessing that wasn't the case, judging by the quoted post...

On another note - I can't believe my phone has learned the word/name MurdnunoC. It is now on my predictive text (which I suppose is incredibly helpful!)

(02 Sep 2015, 8:58 pm)Dan I think MurdnunoC misinterpreted your post, due to you seemingly misinterpreting his post originally.

It came across like you were suggesting his guess at the photo location was a "long shot", tongue in cheek based on the photography term discussed prior. I'm guessing that wasn't the case, judging by the quoted post...

On another note - I can't believe my phone has learned the word/name MurdnunoC. It is now on my predictive text (which I suppose is incredibly helpful!)
Thank you Dan for being supportive

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - mb134 - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:58 pm)Dan I think MurdnunoC misinterpreted your post, due to you seemingly misinterpreting his post originally.

My phone frequently suggests "Tyresmoke", "Kuyoyo" and "Aureolin" (and one of two others), generally while on here, but occasionally I'll be sending a text, and one of the suggested words will be one of the aforementioned names...

Got no idea why it's usually those three though... 

#mb134thestalker

(02 Sep 2015, 8:55 pm)Davie @aureolin Thanks for the advice, that was the first (And to memory my only) attempt at scenic bus photos, I am hoping to try them more often

You should attempt more scenic shots. Aside from Aureolin's point about the roundabout seemingly being the focal point rather than the bus, it was pleasant to view. 

Perhaps my original post was badly worded. What I should have said, 'Davie, was that shot of the X4 taken on Great North Road travelling southbound towards Newcastle?' 

But yeah, I misinterpreted the reply as tongue-in-cheek. 

I like how MurdnunoC has become part of your phone's dictionary. I hope my next username becomes as popular as MurdnunoC when I apply my yearly username-change on 1/1/16 Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 8:58 pm)Dan On another note - I can't believe my phone has learned the word/name MurdnunoC. It is now on my predictive text (which I suppose is incredibly helpful!)

It's the same on my phone, it seems to have many forum members popping up on predictive text including MurdnunoC and aureolin and I was trying to write Darlington in my calendar one day and it came up with your Flickr screen name danielgrahamm one day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 6:01 pm)Jimmi Suddenly decided that some of the photos I've just uploaded to Flickr look too dark, especially when viewing on the Flickr app on my mobile and I can't do anything to alter the brightness now. In fairness it was raining at points.

What does everyone think?

The photos that are dark are quite clearly taken when the day is dark - I'm assuming your photos of the 6 were taken this afternoon (dismal)rather than this morning (a bright autumnal morning). Getting the exposure right when you're tryng to capture a moving bus on a dark day isn't easy, anyhow.

And I know you worry about editing photos after they're taken, but lifting the brightness a tiny bit before uploading doesn't really do a lot different than fiddling with your camera to do the same - it's all done digitally, even if not in the exact same way.

If you can treat it as a project to play about with your camera settings, aware that you're going to get some duff pics regardless, what you do get on darker days that you can easily lose in bright summer sunlight is really rich, saturated colour. That, in itself, makes it work persisting, particularly when your subject tends to be colourful, anyhow.

(02 Sep 2015, 9:43 pm)BusLoverMum The photos that are dark are quite clearly taken when the day is dark - I'm assuming your photos of the 6 were taken this afternoon (dismal)rather than this morning (a bright autumnal morning). Getting the exposure right when you're tryng to capture a moving bus on a dark day isn't easy, anyhow.

And I know you worry about editing photos after they're taken, but lifting the brightness a tiny bit before uploading doesn't really do a lot different than fiddling with your camera to do the same - it's all done digitally, even if not in the exact same way.

If you can treat it as a project to play about with your camera settings, aware that you're going to get some duff pics regardless, what you do get on darker days that you can easily lose in bright summer sunlight is really rich, saturated colour. That, in itself, makes it work persisting, particularly when your subject tends to be colourful, anyhow.
These were taken between 1530 and 1600 and these were also between some rain showers, some heavy. They have come out darker than it actually was at the time. When I uploaded them I thought they looked okay but when I uploaded them and I viewed them on my phone on the Flickr app I decided that I wasn't happy with it but was too late and I have no access to the laptop till tomorrow now to make any alterations. It has just how they came out with what setting I chose and I had to run to catch the photo of the 6 branded Pulsar and the same story for the 23 branded StreetLite on the 43 so didn't have time to think about settings and I am still trying to learn the settings and which is the best to use at what time.

I may upload another photo of 1528 tomorrow which is brighter.

(02 Sep 2015, 9:57 pm)Jimmi These were taken between 1530 and 1600 and these were also between some rain showers, some heavy. They have come out darker than it actually was at the time. When I uploaded them I thought they looked okay but when I uploaded them and I viewed them on my phone on the Flickr app I decided that I wasn't happy with it but was too late and I have no access to the laptop till tomorrow now to make any alterations. It has just how they came out with what setting I chose and I had to run to catch the photo of the 6 branded Pulsar and the same story for the 23 branded StreetLite on the 43 so didn't have time to think about settings and I am still trying to learn the settings and which is the best to use at what time.

I may upload another photo of 1528 tomorrow which is brighter.

We left the bus station just after half past and it was persisting down while we were boarding the 22! And we must have just missed you on the roundabout, because big'un saw the 6 in its new livery on Millburngate while we were picking up passengers there. Admittedly, we could have stood next to you if you were in the bus station at the same time as us and we wouldn't have noticed you, because I was trying to keep big'un with me and work out where the hell the Husband had got to with littl'un in his attempts to distract him from his obsession the not a lift that is the pigging toilet that looks like a lift)

(02 Sep 2015, 10:05 pm)BusLoverMum We left the bus station just after half past and it was persisting down while we were boarding the 22! And we must have just missed you on the roundabout, because big'un saw the 6 in its new livery on Millburngate while we were picking up passengers there. Admittedly, we could have stood next to you if you were in the bus station at the same time as us and we wouldn't have noticed you, because I was trying to keep big'un with me and work out where the hell the Husband had got to with littl'un in his attempts to distract him from his obsession the not a lift that is the pigging toilet that looks like a lift)
I was at Millburngate until around just after 1535 as I was taking shelter from the rain just outside CeX then got a photo of 1326 on service 6 which was on the 1533 journey from the Bus Station then after that I think I walked up North Road to the roundabout then saw 1528 branded for the 6 about to go round the roundabout, thankfully traffic meant I had time to enter the bus station and stand just behind the wall for the photos.

The 23 StreetLite photo, I was heading along North Road and saw it leaving the Bus Station and annoyingly there was two people with horse and carts coming in the opposite direction so I had to run onto the roundabout for the photo.

You mustn't have been wearing your blue sweater. We got off the Pronto at about 3:25 and got on the 22 just after half past! Big'un was in a bright orange coat and littl'un in an orange hoodie. Husband has an orange beard. I don't wear orange Wink

(02 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm)BusLoverMum You mustn't have been wearing your blue sweater. We got off the Pronto at about 3:25 and got on the 22 just after half past! Big'un was in a bright orange coat and littl'un in an orange hoodie. Husband has an orange beard. I don't wear orange Wink
I was wearing a mostly navy Fred Perry zip up jacket this afternoon.

(02 Sep 2015, 10:40 pm)Jimmi I was wearing a mostly navy Fred Perry zip up jacket this afternoon.

camouflaged, then Wink