North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Malarkey - 03 Sep 2015

My Dairylea Lunchable was short of 1 Cracker and 1 Slice of Cheese, so I was left with 1 Cracker and 2 Slices of Ham to finish with, never been so disappointed in all my life.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - citaro5284 - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey My Dairylea Lunchable was short of 1 Cracker and 1 Slice of Cheese, so I was left with 1 Cracker and 2 Slices of Ham to finish with, never been so disappointed in all my life.

Gutted for you like......

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 03 Sep 2015

One lad keeps annoying the hell out of me...

The joke was funny to begin with, like worn out joke, like the Andreos and Fencehouses Popular Front joke on here, it is worn out and not really funny anymore.

He is a Sunderland supporter and for nearly 2 months now he takes delight in reminding me that Sunderland beat Darlington in a friendly back in July...He goes on about it like they won the F.A Cup Final...Not being a person who likes confrontation, I can't be arsed with getting back in his face for the fact he is only 15 or 16, it is even more annoying now because:-

1. It was only a friendly
2. Sunderland were utter shite, but despite getting beat 4-2 we were 2-0 up after 17 minutes
3. It would have been a different game if Stevie Thompson didn't miss a penalty at 2-2

He now thinks Fabio Borini is some kind of Demi-God, that statement alone would not out of place on our jokes thread and quite possibly the most deluded thought I have heard since the 2006-07 when a lad I know predicted a League Two Championship winning season scoring 100+ goals in the process and Barry Conlon would score at 40 that season, quite a claim considering Conlons Goals to Games ratio was about 33.9%...

Anyway the lad I am referring to does my napper in...

Oh well, guess I just need to find a way to not be wound up so easily  Confused

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 03 Sep 2015

Tight as a ducks arse in first class tonight. I've been offered one drink in an hour.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 03 Sep 2015

Let's play how much chewing gum can I fit in my gob while doing 100mph around every estate in Washington and Birtley and then stopping very sharply when someone asks me to stop and then miss out Wrekenton High Street. 

It was a great trip on the 23 today...  Angry

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 03 Sep 2015

A middle-aged woman kicking off with me because I didn't offer her my seat on the Metro this evening.

I didn't actually see her prior to her sitting down next to me to even offer her my seat (head down looking at my phone for the majority of the journey), but that's besides the point...

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 6:53 pm)GX03 SVC Let's play how much chewing gum can I fit in my gob while doing 100mph around every estate in Washington and Birtley and then stopping very sharply when someone asks me to stop and then miss out Wrekenton High Street. 

It was a great trip on the 23 today...  Angry

Wonder if this was the same driver I saw on the 23 yesterday, assuming this is a Gateshead Central Taxis working as I saw a Fiat Bluebird going down Birtley Front Street pretty quickly yesterday afternoon. Guess I made the correct decision to get the JH Coaches working to Washington yesterday.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - citaro5284 - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)aureolin Tight as a ducks arse in first class tonight. I've been offered one drink in an hour.

At least you can surf the web FOC while you wait for another cuppa

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - S813 FVK - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:07 pm)Jimmi Wonder if this was the same driver I saw on the 23 yesterday, assuming this is a Gateshead Central Taxis working as I saw a Fiat Bluebird going down Birtley Front Street pretty quickly yesterday afternoon. Guess I made the correct decision to get the JH Coaches working to Washington yesterday.

The Plaxton Primo doesn't look like the type of bus that is designed to go very fast anyway tbh - too bulky. The bluebird on the other hand...

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:07 pm)citaro5284 At least you can surf the web FOC while you wait for another cuppa
There's the other problem... I've had about 5 minutes use in over an hour and a half, because the connection is shocking between Edinburgh and Newcastle. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - S813 FVK - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:08 pm)aureolin There's the other problem... I've had about 5 minutes use in over an hour and a half, because the connection is shocking between Edinburgh and Newcastle. Smile

Make use of some of the stunning views then if you're on that section? Especially between Berwick and Waverley Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)Dan A middle-aged woman kicking off with me because I didn't offer her my seat on the Metro this evening.

I didn't actually see her prior to her sitting down next to me to even offer her my seat (head down looking at my phone for the majority of the journey), but that's besides the point...

A couple of month ago, a middle-aged woman kicked off with me while standing in the queue at the Co-op in Sunniside. I was accused of queue jumping even though I was stood in front of her. The basis of her accusation was that I was stood looking at the newsrack while in standing in line despite never actually leaving the queue. She started to kick up a fuss, going-on about manners and how I should've acted like a gentleman. I simply explained that I believed in equal opportunities and it was my commitment to equality which prevented me from acting in the chivalrous way she would've liked. It seemed up shut her up.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm)MurdnunoC A couple of month ago, a middle-aged woman kicked off with me while standing in the queue at the Co-op in Sunniside. I was accused of queue jumping even though I was stood in front of her. The basis of her accusation was that I was stood looking at the newsrack while in standing in line despite never actually leaving the queue. She started to kick up a fuss, going-on about manners and how I should've acted like a gentleman. I simply explained that I believed in equal opportunities and it was my commitment to equality which prevented me from acting in the chivalrous way she would've liked. It seemed up shut her up.

Haha!

I don't think the middle-aged woman I encountered tonight would have shut her up if I came back with a smart-arse comment. I was far too tired to be able to argue, so I simply shrugged my shoulders. After her extended rant about my lack of manners, she rang a bloke up (presumably her other half) to discuss 'the youth of today'...  Sleepy

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:00 pm)Dan A middle-aged woman kicking off with me because I didn't offer her my seat on the Metro this evening.

Speaking as a middle aged woman who sometimes desperately needs a seat (though not on the Metro, unless I'm having a very bad day) she's going about it all the wrong way. Bloody rude, in fact.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm)MurdnunoC A couple of month ago, a middle-aged woman kicked off with me while standing in the queue at the Co-op in Sunniside. I was accused of queue jumping even though I was stood in front of her. The basis of her accusation was that I was stood looking at the newsrack while in standing in line despite never actually leaving the queue. She started to kick up a fuss, going-on about manners and how I should've acted like a gentleman. I simply explained that I believed in equal opportunities and it was my commitment to equality which prevented me from acting in the chivalrous way she would've liked. It seemed up shut her up.

And I agree with you. Lacking a certain appendage doesn't mean I can rightly insist on being given a preferential place in a queue.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 04 Sep 2015

The fact that I've had a bad dream pretty much every night this week, before waking up this morning I was reliving my dog getting into the heartbreaking state that resulted in us having to put it down. Normally I don't get bad dreams but I've had one pretty much every night this week and I'm not sure if there is a real reason why, although I have not been sleeping in my own bed this week.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 04 Sep 2015

Not more annoying me, but greatly upset me that the fact that my partner has dumped me and I'm now single again.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 04 Sep 2015

(04 Sep 2015, 7:13 pm)GMitchelhill Not more annoying me, but greatly upset me that the fact that my partner has dumped me and I'm now single again.

Ice cream?

Just from the little I've picked up, I get the impression that this relationship has been a source of much anxiety for you. Trust me, no man is worth that much misery. It's time to have a good wallow, then bundle up your self respect and move on.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 04 Sep 2015

(04 Sep 2015, 7:19 pm)BusLoverMum Ice cream?

Just from the little I've picked up, I get the impression that this relationship has been a source of much anxiety for you. Trust me, no man is worth that much misery. It's time to have a good wallow, then bundle up your self respect and move on.

Yeah you are right, it has caused anxiety for me quite a bit. Takes a while for me to get over things as I can be a bit unstable emotionally.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 04 Sep 2015

(04 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm)GMitchelhill Yeah you are right, it has caused anxiety for me quite a bit. Takes a while for me to get over things as I can be a bit unstable emotionally.

You're definitely better off single than with someone who doesn't love and respect you and treat you in a way that helps you to feel good about yourself. I think that, when you're feeling fragile, it's easy to convince yourself that having someone else in your life means that you will be taken care of when, unfortunately, that relationship may end up draining your emotional reserves more than filling them.

Phish Food?