North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 10 May 2015

Flickr is being a pain. Upload speeds of 30kb/s on photographs which are 6MB+ is just a dreadful experience. Appears to be a universal issue, judging by the comments on the Flickr blog, rather than something at my end.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Davie - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 12:01 pm)Dan Flickr is being a pain. Upload speeds of 30kb/s on photographs which are 6MB+ is just a dreadful experience. Appears to be a universal issue, judging by the comments on the Flickr blog, rather than something at my end.

I had that problem last night

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 12:01 pm)Dan Flickr is being a pain. Upload speeds of 30kb/s on photographs which are 6MB+ is just a dreadful experience. Appears to be a universal issue, judging by the comments on the Flickr blog, rather than something at my end.
Could be worse, could be Bad, bad panda! Which I had about 20 times on Thursday night and Aviary didn't want to do anything either. Took around 3 hours for me to make 10 photos suitable for public viewing.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - northern156 - 10 May 2015

Not sure whether anyone else is on the new Flickr format? I don't like it as it's predominantly a white background which doesn't contrast well with most pictures to me. I see what they've done, they've made it more similar to Facebook, Twitter etc. but it just looks daft for me. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

(10 May 2015, 12:43 pm)northern156 Not sure whether anyone else is on the new Flickr format? I don't like it as it's predominantly a white background which doesn't contrast well with most pictures to me. I see what they've done, they've made it more similar to Facebook, Twitter etc. but it just looks daft for me. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

I am not keen on it as the cover is ridiculously large and because I have loads of toolbars which I can't seem to disable it ends up taking up about three quarters of my screen.

Also don't think I like how large each image is either as each photo takes up such a large amount of space so I simply can't be bothered to scroll all the way down to view photos.

They have also updated the app which I have on my phone and it is just so white and it just somehow doesn't look right. Also don't like the fact that on the page for my followers activity page it now shows the persons name underneath the photo so I have to scroll down to see who's photo it is then back up to view the photo.

Not keen on the new layout, whether I will grow to accept it I don't know but on first impressions I am not keen.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adam - 10 May 2015

I'm starting to have a mental breakdown with uni assignments. It's like Sixth Form all over again... Undecided

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 4:36 pm)Adam I'm starting to have a mental breakdown with uni assignments. It's like Sixth Form all over again... Undecided

Calm down, don't panic, i had that earlier in the year when i had 5 due in at the same time.

This is what i do: 2 hours - Break - 2 hours etc.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 10 May 2015

Metro Replacement buses yesterday. Absolutely hell!
My brother that I had to trail around yesterday.

Flickr's rubbish new format.
and that I'm not in Ashington Wink

Flickr is being a colossal pain in the rear.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(07 May 2015, 7:58 pm)Jimmi Trying to crop photos on Flickr and it keeps coming up with error Angry

EDIT: Bad, bad panda.

Once you return to the photo's page, press refresh. I'm having the same problem.

Let's just say that Flickr's new design is crap.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adam - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 4:41 pm)Michael Calm down, don't panic, i had that earlier in the year when i had 5 due in at the same time.

This is what i do: 2 hours - Break - 2 hours etc.

I do take regular breaks, this being one of them haha. I'm finishing this one off now and then I've got one more to do for Friday and then I'm liberated for the year Big Grin

To add to my annoyance though, the assignment I'm doing now is completely taking the mick like. We've got 3,000 words (+/- 10%) to write about the three different business functions and the word count is far too small. It's impossible (seriously) to cram in all the points we need to address in the level of detail required into 3,000 words, so the standard of my assignment is somewhat rubbish.

I'm absolutely fuming with it. I always set myself high standards, and for uni assignments it's at least a 2:1, but with this I'm seriously doubting I'm able to achieve that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - citaro5284 - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 7:21 pm)Adam To add to my annoyance though, the assignment I'm doing now is completely taking the mick like. We've got 3,000 words (+/- 10%) to write about the three different business functions and the word count is far too small. It's impossible (seriously) to cram in all the points we need to address in the level of detail required into 3,000 words, so the standard of my assignment is somewhat rubbish.

You and Dan should get together...some of his emails are like war and peace when a one liner would have done....haha!  Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Dan - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 7:27 pm)citaro5284 You and Dan should get together...some of his emails are like war and peace when a one liner would have done....haha!  Big Grin

I remember when we were doing our GCSE revision, one of my subject teachers gave us the task of converting large paragraphs full of information into a smaller number of words so it was easier to remember.

I was the only one in the class who managed to write more than what was there originally.  Blush

Word counts have been the bane of my life for English A-Level.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Michael - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 7:21 pm)Adam I do take regular breaks, this being one of them haha. I'm finishing this one off now and then I've got one more to do for Friday and then I'm liberated for the year Big Grin

To add to my annoyance though, the assignment I'm doing now is completely taking the mick like. We've got 3,000 words (+/- 10%) to write about the three different business functions and the word count is far too small. It's impossible (seriously) to cram in all the points we need to address in the level of detail required into 3,000 words, so the standard of my assignment is somewhat rubbish.

I'm absolutely fuming with it. I always set myself high standards, and for uni assignments it's at least a 2:1, but with this I'm seriously doubting I'm able to achieve that.

I went over on my research project by 500 words (3500 words for it), it was impossible for me to keep to the word limit, so much you have to put in.

Wouldn't worry about going over on it, just dont tell them haha

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Malarkey - 10 May 2015

This - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127803646@N05/17500577445/in/dateposted/

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 8:39 pm)Malarkey This - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127803646@N05/17500577445/in/dateposted/

404 error.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MurdnunoC - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 8:05 pm)Michael I went over on my research project by 500 words (3500 words for it), it was impossible for me to keep to the word limit, so much you have to put in.

Wouldn't worry about going over on it, just dont tell them haha

...And then you risk getting marked-down by an over-zealous teacher, lecturer or professor. Believe me it happens - especially when submitting work through whichever plagiarism software your institution decides to employ.

They may be cumbersome but word-counts exist for a reason. Being concise is an important skill to master in this day and age. Impressions are made in matter of minutes. If you are able to condense an idea or proposal into a one-page document - it's more likely to be read.  

(10 May 2015, 8:39 pm)Malarkey This - https://www.flickr.com/photos/127803646@N05/17500577445/in/dateposted/
What's the deal here?

Another lifted photo?

(10 May 2015, 8:43 pm)aureolin 404 error.
try now
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127803646@N05/

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 10 May 2015

(10 May 2015, 8:47 pm)Malarkey try now
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127803646@N05/17500577445/

Same....

What's the crack?

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - mb134 - 10 May 2015

The family on my bus back from Berwick this afternoon, I was minding my own business doing revision until they got on, unable to shut up their kids. They then complained that it took 4 hours to get to Newcastle, no mate, it takes 3 hours 54 minutes from Berwick, and you got on a good half an hour after we left. Maybe if you got your kids to go to sleep it wouldn't have been as long!!

Dread to think what happened after I got off at Morpeth, think they had to get to Sunderland...

(10 May 2015, 8:48 pm)aureolin Same....

What's the crack?

Lass called Diane Young on Flickr cropped my photo of (YJ62 FLD) on the 73 and reuploaded on her account, can only assume she may of been the driver of the vehicle on that day.

My Photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/15129088445/

The error code was due to her deleting the image off the account as requested, lucky I managed a print screen attached below.