North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - LeeCalder - 14 Jun 2015

Im not sure if this has been noted, I apologise it has...

One of the Scania OmniDekka's at Stanley has been internally Referbished gaining the same seats as Plaxton Presidents. As per told by an engineer at Stanley.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Adrian - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 3:48 pm)LeeCalder Im not sure if this has been noted, I apologise it has...

One of the Scania OmniDekka's at Stanley has been internally Referbished gaining the same seats as Plaxton Presidents. As per told by an engineer at Stanley.

6131 and 6133 both have, as can be seen in these photos I took yesterday:

[Image: 18748671916_0becbb1067.jpg]
Go North East - 6131 - YN04GJE by aureolindn, on Flickr

[Image: 18153783103_b15d9620fc.jpg]
Go North East - 6133 - YN04GJG by aureolindn, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - L469 YVK - 14 Jun 2015

How has the TTX B9's been performing reliability wise including 6071 and 6084?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Sidthebusbabe - 14 Jun 2015

I saw one being towed out of Gateshead interchange earlier but I didn't catch the fleet number. I've noted a few breakdowns lately but the X9/10 is a very demanding route so it's hardly surprising.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - omnicity4659 - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 5:25 pm)Sidthebusbabe I saw one being towed out of Gateshead interchange earlier but I didn't catch the fleet number. I've noted a free breakdowns lately but the X9/10 is a very demanding route so it's hardly surprising.

6044 as noted on p63

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 14 Jun 2015

Is the shade of yellow used on the recent quaylink repaints full on yellow or the same shade as used now? Looks a lot darker and bolder thats all.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm)S813 FVK Is the shade of yellow used on the recent quaylink repaints full on yellow or the same shade as used now? Looks a lot darker and bolder thats all.

I think it's different

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 5:32 pm)S813 FVK Is the shade of yellow used on the recent quaylink repaints full on yellow or the same shade as used now? Looks a lot darker and bolder thats all.

(14 Jun 2015, 5:38 pm)Davie I think it's different

Believe it's the same shade as now - just looks a tad darker because it's fresh paint opposed to paint which has faded over five years.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 5:41 pm)Dan Believe it's the same shade as now - just looks a tad darker because it's fresh paint opposed to paint which has faded over five years.

Ah right. Never thought of that. I'm quite looking forward to the branding being applied as i think it suits the bus well on the graphical mock-up on the website.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 14 Jun 2015

Why did only the 2 04 Reg Omnidekkas get there seats retrimmed? or will the rest of the 03 Reg batch get there's done at a later date.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 7:29 pm)South Tyne Lad Why did only the 2 04 Reg Omnidekkas get there seats retrimmed? or will the rest of the 03 Reg batch get there's done at a later date.

I would guess it's due to being worn down.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 7:32 pm)R852 PRG I would guess it's due to being worn down.

I suppose so, but you'd think the older batch would be more worn out than the newer ones

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 7:36 pm)South Tyne Lad I suppose so, but you'd think the older batch would be more worn out than the newer ones

I have very little knowledge about Brighton & Hove, but I suppose it is possible that the older batch had their seats re-trimmed at some point in their lives down in Brighton, while the younger batch were never given that treatment? Like I say, I don't know much about that. Aside from any arrivals or entries into service, I haven't been paying much attention to anything else regarding the OmniDekkas.

(14 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm)R852 PRG I have very little knowledge about Brighton & Hove, but I suppose it is possible that the older batch had their seats re-trimmed at some point in their lives down in Brighton, while the younger batch were never given that treatment? Like I say, I don't know much about that. Aside from any arrivals or entries into service, I haven't been paying much attention to anything else regarding the OmniDekkas.

I think i recall reading something just like that - the seats had been retrimmed down in brighton and were still in a decent condition so there was no need to retrim them again. I imagine they will use the retrimmed seats out of 3801 to maybe trim another example that may come up in the future? I dont know.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 14 Jun 2015

Scott mentioned earlier that he had put together an Arriva UK fleetlist, which got me thinking that it'd be nice to do the same for Go-Ahead.

I've no idea how Scott composed his, and I was unsure of the format to go with for the comparable Go-Ahead example I was aiming to produce, but a sort of "fleet handbook" is what came to mind in the end... I've completed Go North East - thoughts on the attached?

.pdf
Go-Ahead Fleet List.pdf
Size 1.4 MB / Downloads 217

If it works successfully, hopefully we can have it as a downloadable PDF on the "Fleet List" section of the website. Smile 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Rapidsnap - 14 Jun 2015

Couple of points.

The Omnidekkas were new with the same style seats as the Plaxton Presidents. Also their original seat patterns on the 03 plated batch were grey with rainbow cheverons. Which at the time around M-reg to T-Reg (possibly V) was the standard interior for Go-Ahead Group vehicles outside of London. Actually basically it's the same seat pattern as on the Volvo Olympian / N-C Palatine 2s.

Also someone asked about GNE getting a Wright Streetlite WF demo. Go North East had one on loan a fews years ago. CRZ7495 was the vehicle concerned and was used on 34/34 from Chester Le Street to Ouston. This same vehicle was also used by Arriva Northumbria at Jesmond depot on various Nexus Bus routes. It brought by Rotala who put it into use at Preston Bus.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 8:24 pm)Dan Scott mentioned earlier that he had put together an Arriva UK fleetlist, which got me thinking that it'd be nice to do the same for Go-Ahead.

I've no idea how Scott composed his, and I was unsure of the format to go with for the comparable Go-Ahead example I was aiming to produce, but a sort of "fleet handbook" is what came to mind in the end... I've completed Go North East - thoughts on the attached?

If it works successfully, hopefully we can have it as a downloadable PDF on the "Fleet List" section of the website. Smile 

Brilliant. Looks really professional, and I really like how the vehicles are separated by vehicle type, rather than just a basic list. The photographs are also a nice addition. Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 14 Jun 2015

(14 Jun 2015, 8:24 pm)Dan Scott mentioned earlier that he had put together an Arriva UK fleetlist, which got me thinking that it'd be nice to do the same for Go-Ahead.

Looks really good Dan.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 14 Jun 2015

That's fantastic Dan  Smile

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Adrian - 14 Jun 2015

Looks really good, and obviously something that can be continuously built upon with each update. It's handy having something like this in the public domain, where it's readily available to all enthusiasts who want it.