North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 22 Jun 2015

(22 Jun 2015, 8:37 pm)S813 FVK Thought there may be some sort of limit. This whole destination stuff is very interesting although probably isn't for somebody sitting at a desk making them. I quite like playing around with the Helen software myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed making the destinations when I first started... Gets a bit tedious after a while.

Not so bad for the likes of Stagecoach and Arriva who only have three or four different types of LED destination displays - GNE has about twelve in total..!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 22 Jun 2015

(22 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm)Dan I thoroughly enjoyed making the destinations when I first started... Gets a bit tedious after a while.

Not so bad for the likes of Stagecoach and Arriva who only have three or four different types of LED destination displays - GNE has about twelve in total..!

Thought it might become tiring after a while. Of course, if you get paid a bit for it you might enjoy it more. What is the average pay rate for your area of work in the company per hour? Must be quite decent if its working in the offices and preparing destinations amongst other things.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 22 Jun 2015

(22 Jun 2015, 8:54 pm)S813 FVK Thought it might become tiring after a while. Of course, if you get paid a bit for it you might enjoy it more. What is the average pay rate for your area of work in the company per hour? Must be quite decent if its working in the offices and preparing destinations amongst other things.

Salaries vary depending on level of experience, years with the company, amount of responsibility, and so on.

Not sure what my salary works out to be an hour. Probably more than most lads my age!

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - R852 PRG - 22 Jun 2015

(22 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm)Dan Salaries vary depending on level of experience, years with the company, amount of responsibility, and so on.

Not sure what my salary works out to be an hour. Probably more than most lads my age!

I imagine if you didn't have that free pass of yours... *runs away* Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 22 Jun 2015

The reason i ask these questions is mainly because i'm curious to find out what goes on behind closed doors of any bus company. That way, it will be easier to appreciate why buses break down, why buses are sometimes late etc. Obviously the rate of pay affects how enthusiastic somebody is about their job too. If i got paid minimum wage for a job which was worth more, can't say i'd be too willing to put my back into it.

(22 Jun 2015, 9:02 pm)R852 PRG *runs away* Big Grin

Running away from the pigeons that are all over Chester-le-Street? Can't get away from the things in that place! Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 23 Jun 2015

The movements during the week, according to Go North East's website, are as follows:
  • 8264 Riverside to Washington
  • 8251 withdrawn from Washington
  • 5144 withdrawn from Riverside
  • 4897 Stanley to Deptford
  • 6123 6124 in service at Stanley
  • 7090 7092 Driver Training to Hexham
"QuayLink" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8311 (NK10 GNZ) has also arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into a fresh coat of yellow.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Acky81 - 23 Jun 2015

39 Doxford clipper and 61 drifter at ryhope village- slightly wrong

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Simmy - 23 Jun 2015

4919 on loan to Deptford. On 99s today.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Scott - 23 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm)Tom Hopefully GNE will gain some normal work from Howard Snaiths too, they have the:

79 - Ponteland-Morpeth (Wed)
613 - Whittonstall-Hexham (Tues) - Could be merged with 689?
808 - Otterburn-Newcastle (Mon-Sat)
880 - Hexham-Bellingham (Mon-Sat) or Kielder (Tues/Fri/Sat)
882 - Hexham-Colwell (Mon-Sat)
915 - Bellingham-Otteburn (Thurs/Fri) - Could interwork with 880?

Would be nice for GNE to expand their Tynedale Links network.

I read else where on the forum that Arriva are taking these services overs along with Snaith's 2 Enviro 200s.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Scott - 23 Jun 2015

(22 Jun 2015, 8:56 pm)Dan Salaries vary depending on level of experience, years with the company, amount of responsibility, and so on.

More than me, I don't have a job. Although I am applying for some civil engineering apprenticeships with typically pay around £12,000 a year.

Is it just me or are the new white LED displays difficult to read.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 23 Jun 2015

Buses direct to Sunderland International Airshow

http://www.simplygo.com/news/sunderland-international-airshow-2015

Seems the 20/20A will run every 15 mins on the Sunday - 
  • Catch our Prince Bishops 20/20A buses to The Grange at Fulwell and then walk to Seaburn Seafront or change at Sunderland Interchange onto the A1 Express to Seaburn Park. Buses on the 20/20A will be running up to every 10 minutes on Saturday 25 July and up to every 15 minutes on Sunday 26 July.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 23 Jun 2015

8248 on the 82/82A and 8252 on the 85 this afternoon, still clinging on for those who want Photographs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Tom - 23 Jun 2015

(23 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm)Scott I read else where on the forum that Arriva are taking these services overs along with Snaith's 2 Enviro 200s.

Where would Arriva operate them from?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - G-CPTN - 23 Jun 2015

(02 Jun 2015, 2:05 pm)Tom Hopefully GNE will gain some normal work from Howard Snaiths too, they have the:

79 - Ponteland-Morpeth (Wed)
613 - Whittonstall-Hexham (Tues) - Could be merged with 689?
808 - Otterburn-Newcastle (Mon-Sat)
880 - Hexham-Bellingham (Mon-Sat) or Kielder (Tues/Fri/Sat)
882 - Hexham-Colwell (Mon-Sat)
915 - Bellingham-Otteburn (Thurs/Fri) - Could interwork with 880?

Would be nice for GNE to expand their Tynedale Links network.
Some of those routes operate from 'outstations' rather than GNE/ANE depot locations, so would involve significant dead mileage.

There would be little demand for the outward journeys early morning and inwards journeys late afternoon/evening. 

I don't suppose that they are huge earners anyway and probably need subsidy to survive.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 23 Jun 2015

(23 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm)G-CPTN Some of those routes operate from 'outstations' rather than GNE/ANE depot locations, so would involve significant dead mileage.

There would be little demand for the outward journeys early morning and inwards journeys late afternoon/evening. 

I don't suppose that they are huge earners anyway and probably need subsidy to survive.

Couldn't Go North East transfer some buses to Hexham bus depot?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - G-CPTN - 23 Jun 2015

(23 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm)Davie Couldn't Go North East transfer some buses to Hexham bus depot?
Hexham is not Bellingham or Otterburn.

These routes exist to bring those living in the sticks into the town.

The routes are also 'partial' with long layovers within the day (rather than being continuous operation throughout the day).

A Hexham-based driver would have long periods of inactivity.

Even the school routes operate into  Hexham rather than out of.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - R852 PRG - 23 Jun 2015

A ''Yellow Bus'' Volvo Olympian is parked up in the Riverside Park, in Chester-le-Street. I didn't catch the identification, but it looked to me like it was 3818, caught a 1 on the 3rd digit.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Charles41 - 23 Jun 2015

(23 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm)Davie Couldn't Go North East transfer some buses to Hexham bus depot?

There is plenty of space at Burn Lane for extra buses, however the problem would be the mileage from Hexham to/from Bellingham & Otterburn every morning and evening. An idea would be to have a small outstation at Otterburn or Bellingham. Blue Bus Services (Busways) used to outstation a coach at Otterburn in the 1980s when they ran a service from Newcastle to there.

GNE would be ideal to attract tourists as ticketing synergies could be introduced e.g. Explorer and Buzzfare. The services could also be timed to connect with the AD122 during the summer season.

The Whittonstall service is subsidised by NCC as are I believe the Otterburn and Bellingham services. The Whittonstall service could be integrated but would require extra journeys on Tuesday to serve Hedley On The Hill and New Ridley.

Of course another option could be for these services to run as a Community Bus service by ADAPT. They currently run the 681 Haltwhistle-Slaggyford (also Hexham on Tuesdays and Fridays) and are based in Hexham.

Charles

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 23 Jun 2015

(23 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm)Tom Where would Arriva operate them from?

Probably from Jesmond or might open a outstation at Hexham ( sorry for this being on go north east thread )