North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - buss14 - 26 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm)S813 FVK Forgive me here but who/what/where/when have you heard this? It appears that a couple of posts made by yourself hold information which has no source attatched to it. Makes me (at least) feel as if you are just making it up to generate some discussion.

i will retrack to where it was stated and i will give you the address ( not wikipedia)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Rapidsnap - 26 Jun 2015

Cobalt and Northumberland County Council partly fund the 19 to run from Cramlington to Ashington. I can't see how it would work for interworking when the 19s don't terminate there.

And even if they did extend the 17 to Ashington, I'm sure the route would start to creep into EU driving hours for the distrance. To be honest the only changes that would be any use for the 17 is to extend it to the new Cramlington Hospital, okay it would need an extra bus, but it would have a longer layover, or even better extend it down the road and terminate it at Seaton Deleval Avenue Head if there is too much layover time at the hospital.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 27 Jun 2015

(26 Jun 2015, 11:10 pm)GMitchelhill Cobalt and Northumberland County Council partly fund the 19 to run from Cramlington to Ashington. I can't see how it would work for interworking when the 19s don't terminate there.

And even if they did extend the 17 to Ashington, I'm sure the route would start to creep into EU driving hours for the distrance. To be honest the only changes that would be any use for the 17 is to extend it to the new Cramlington Hospital, okay it would need an extra bus, but it would have a longer layover, or even better extend it down the road and terminate it at Seaton Deleval Avenue Head if there is too much layover time at the hospital.

I agree Gary, I'm not from the area but how long will it take from Cramlington to the New Cramlington Hospital?

Reminder the 700 changes to its Summer route today!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - mb134 - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 7:19 am)Michael I agree Gary, I'm not from the area but how long will it take from Cramlington to the New Cramlington Hospital?

By car, from the Manor Walks entrance where the 19 stops now, to the junction of the hospital it takes around 7 minutes, so by bus I'd imagine 12 minutes each way?

(27 Jun 2015, 7:26 am)mb134 By car, from the Manor Walks entrance where the 19 stops now, to the junction of the hospital it takes around 7 minutes, so by bus I'd imagine 12 minutes each way?

Not bad, thought it was quite far out if i'm being honest, i'm sure i read Arriva want to extend some services to the hospital to.

(26 Jun 2015, 8:51 am)Dan Ahead of branding being introduced to the 35/36 services; Deptford-based gold liveried Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5300 (NK08 CHF) has arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into a fresh coat of gold.

Will the Citaro's on the 61 get done next? although they were only done 3 years ago, it saves them branding them and then replacing it once its due the repaint.

This will be after the Orbit/Quaylink versa's to.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 9:36 am)Michael Will the Citaro's on the 61 get done next? although they were only done 3 years ago, it saves them branding them and then replacing it once its due the repaint.

The Mercs on service 61 were repainted in late 2014, prior to coming off the 2A/2C services as part of the service revisions earlier this year.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 9:36 am)Michael Will the Citaro's on the 61 get done next? although they were only done 3 years ago, it saves them branding them and then replacing it once its due the repaint.

5320-5324 have only just been repainted? Can't see them being repainted for a second time in months.

(27 Jun 2015, 9:39 am)Dan The Mercs on service 61 were repainted in late 2014, prior to coming off the 2A/2C services as part of the service revisions earlier this year.

Misread the description on here oops!  Blush

Will GNE launch the "Black Cats", 35/36 and 61 within weeks of each other?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 9:41 am)Michael Misread the description on here oops!  Blush

Will GNE launch the "Black Cats", 35/36 and 61 within weeks of each other?

Highly doubt it only if new vehicles enter service

(27 Jun 2015, 11:49 am)Diamond One Highly doubt it only if new vehicles enter service

Although i think more of the Cadet's need to be repainted for the "Black Cats" so only the Silver Citaro's are done and ready to be branded.

Edit: Typo

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm)Michael Although i think more of the Cadet's need to be repainted for the "Black Cats" so only the Silver Citaro's are done and ready to be branded.

Edit: Typo

Only cadet that was noted to be repainted in the last few weeks was 8267 which I photographed last Thursday but didn't enter Flickr until 1am earlier

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm)Diamond One Only cadet that was noted to be repainted in the last few weeks was 8267 which I photographed last Thursday but didn't enter Flickr until 1am earlier

You have misunderstood his post. He is asking whether more Cadets will go in for a repaint in the future rather than which ones have just come out of the paintshop.

(27 Jun 2015, 4:36 pm)S813 FVK You have misunderstood his post. He is asking whether more Cadets will go in for a repaint in the future rather than which ones have just come out of the paintshop.

I can see it happening I understand his post but cadets will more than likely the ones with Northern vinals still on them will be repainted to up the cost of sale value I said to myself what's the point of branding the cadets when most of them will be leaving either this or next year

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - pdiddy - 27 Jun 2015

What options are there for minibuses apart from Solo's

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 27 Jun 2015

(27 Jun 2015, 6:41 pm)pdiddy What options are there for minibuses apart from Solo's

Mini E200s, Streetlite WF 8.8m otherwise your Taxibus like Vehicles

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - thetravelman - 27 Jun 2015

Hi Folk,

Does anyone know any drivers at Percy Main Depot?

I'd like to know if a driver named: Dave Turner still works there or even still works for GNE ?

His brother Steve Turner also worked for GNE, not sure where he is now either, I think Steve was based at Gateshead Depot.

Dave an old work colleague and friend, who went on to join GNE as a bus driver around 10 years ago now, I'm interested to know what he's upto now.

Cheers!

(27 Jun 2015, 9:30 pm)thetravelman Hi Folk,

Does anyone know any drivers at Percy Main Depot?

I'd like to know if a driver named: Dave Turner still works there or even still works for GNE ?

His brother Steve Turner also worked for GNE, not sure where he is now either, I think Steve was based at Gateshead Depot.

Dave an old work colleague and friend, who went on to join GNE as a bus driver around 10 years ago now, I'm interested to know what he's upto now.

Cheers!
i only know 3 Percy Main Drivers one is called Dave (he often goes to the rallies) and the other one i have know since he was at Saltmeadows named Morgan and Angie

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Diamond One - 28 Jun 2015

I think the fleet news may be posted today 50% chance but as it was technical difficulties last week we may expect a few surprises from the past few weeks