North East Buses
New members - Introduce yourself - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: New members - Introduce yourself (/showthread.php?tid=1500)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - South Tyne Lad - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm)NK53 TKT Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition

Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - NK53 TKT - 07 Jun 2016

(07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.

I do find the lack of a voyager refurbishment obvious, the voyagers just have coffee stains everywhere I find.

As for the Mark 4s I just dislike the design, I find the Mark 3s have more room, not yet been on a refreshed virgin mark 4 but I have had a refurbished HST which even better for me was diveted via Yarm and Sunderland

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - Brian13 - 04 Sep 2016

I know I'm a bit late for this. But I'm Brian from South Shields who loves to ride on buses and collect tickets. I prefer Go North East and Stagecoach North East as well as most indipendant operators. London Underground and train enthusiast too.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - Rob44 - 10 Mar 2017

Hello i'm Rob

Long time reader first time poster

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - South Tyne Lad - 30 Jun 2017

Might aswell bring it up again, 2 Year ( to the month ) anniversary of being a Public Enthusiast. And boy has it been a varied one.

Long may it continue.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - Adrian - 30 Jun 2017

(10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am)Rob44 Hello i'm Rob

Long time reader first time poster

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time

There is no league Smile

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing your contributions.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - S830OFT - 06 Aug 2017

Hello all, 
I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I am a big fan of the bygone era page as it showcases vehicles from the past which played a big part in developement of 21st century travel. That's all, Thank you.

New member - Introducing myself - RBM1710 - 10 Sep 2017

Hello I'm Ray

Long time lurker with a lifetime interest in buses.
Now long retired and don't get around as I used to.
Grandfather worked for the Northern at Park Lane depot.
I have a large amount of bus books for disposal.
They are free to a good home if anyone wants them.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - ASX_Terranova - 21 Nov 2019

Hi, I'm Aaron
A Sunderland University Student & Bus Enthusiast
Like Creating Service Ideas
Have a Blog: http://asxterranova.home.blog

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - MetrolineGA1511 - 29 Dec 2019

I have just joined this morning. I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London. I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East. Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January. Happy New Year everyone!

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - Dan - 29 Dec 2019

(29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am)Metroline1511 I have just joined this morning.  I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London.  I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East.  Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January.  Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoy browsing and contributing!

All the best for the new year.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - MetrolineGA1511 - 04 Jan 2020

(29 Dec 2019, 11:44 am)Dan Enjoy browsing and contributing!

All the best for the new year.

Thanks Dan, and happy new year to you.

Just beginning to navigate the forum now.

RE: New members - Introduce yourself - BIG MICK STOKOE - 09 Nov 2023

Alreet lads, does anyone bother with this anymore. Former Tyne & Wear PTE driver for many years.