North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1557)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - BusLoverMum - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 10:09 am)Michael Passengers who are getting on the 265 are praising the new buses.

Passengers on the 202 don't even appear to have noticed

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - MurdnunoC - 10 Aug 2015

P
(10 Aug 2015, 6:44 am)aureolin 665 is already out on the 204.

Now that I've seen the branding for myself, I still find it has no appeal to me. Probably one of my least favourite examples in all the years of GNE branding.

The base colour is nice though.

I also passed the 204 earlier on my way home from work. The brand looked a bit 'meh' to me too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Greg in Weardale - 10 Aug 2015

Nowt wrong with the actual vehicles. Solos are idea for the east Durham routes.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - cbma06 - 10 Aug 2015

Solos are ok for the bus services their do, but i think that the 202/265/204/208 needs bigger buses than solos, but the branding is terrible, I still say that it should of been a better base colour but refresh the branding a bit to East Durham Links (linking the East Durham Communities).

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - BusLoverMum - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 11:31 am)Greg in Weardale Nowt wrong with the actual vehicles. Solos are idea for the east Durham routes.

The 202 was standing room only by murton, though.

Have abandoned our plans to wait for the 265 and make our way to the galleries. Already wet and according to netweather there's a lot more heavy rain about and big'un has a strong sensory aversion to rain. He's opted to visit the Metrocentre instead to make the most of our explorer.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Diamond One - 10 Aug 2015

I need to get 654,658,659 and 663

(10 Aug 2015, 12:31 pm)Diamond One I need to get 654,658,659 and 663

The 202 is 663

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Michael - 10 Aug 2015

Sunderland’s summer bus praised for connecting visitors to city’s attractions.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local/all-news/sunderland-s-summer-bus-praised-for-connecting-visitors-to-city-s-attractions-1-7401589

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Michael - 10 Aug 2015

Go North East schoolboy super fan launches £1.7m indiGo

http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-schoolboy-super-fan-launches-indigo

His brand name is quite good for the 9.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - cbma06 - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm)Michael Go North East schoolboy super fan launches £1.7m indiGo

http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-east-schoolboy-super-fan-launches-indigo

His brand name is quite good for the 9.

The GNE official launch was done at Crimdon.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Dan - 10 Aug 2015

The new buses for the "indiGo" network of services were launched today, Monday 10th August 2015, with eight vehicles entering service from morning run-out and the remaining five being deployed after a photoshoot which took place at Crimdon Dene.

Bus-mad Peter Witham, from Sunderland, wrote a passionate letter to Go North East's Managing Director to express that his "dream job" would be to become a bus driver for Go North East.

Managing Director Kevin Carr, touched by the boy's interest in his company, chose Peter to become Go North East's 'celebrity' for the day, launching the new "indiGo" buses for Peterlee. Armed with a pair of scissors and dressed in his very own bus driver uniform, Peter cut the ribbon to commemorate the £1.7m investment, and to declare the 14 brand new indiGo buses officially open for business today (Monday 10 August).

[Image: 20268832158_b0ce0d0526.jpg]Go North East: indiGo Launch by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 20456872345_67f47344a5.jpg]Go North East: indiGo Launch by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 20268840578_3bb0496292.jpg]Go North East: indiGo Launch by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Following the photoshoot; the buses were driven in a convoy to Peterlee Bus Station, where they replaced the remaining "East Durham" branded Mini Pointer Darts in service.

[Image: 19835719844_d795feb43f.jpg]Go North East: 666 / NK15EMJ by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 19835718834_561cb993ab.jpg]Go North East: 662 / NK15GFO by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - S813 FVK - 10 Aug 2015

I think a proper publicity launch in Durham and Peterlee would have been better than a private launch. Don't know about anybody else.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - citaro5284 - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm)S813 FVK I think a proper publicity launch in Durham and Peterlee would have been better than a private launch. Don't know about anybody else.

Where is there in Peterlee that could hold a launch?

(10 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm)citaro5284 Where is there in Peterlee that could hold a launch?

Dope house........  Angel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Dan - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm)S813 FVK I think a proper publicity launch in Durham and Peterlee would have been better than a private launch. Don't know about anybody else.

The launch at Crimdon Dene wasn't really intended as a publicity launch; I'd suggest that there's nothing to say that there won't be any publicity launches in future, similar to those that we have seen in the past, so keep your eyes on Go North East's website for that. I'm not sure where Go North East could hold a launch at Peterlee, as there isn't really a great deal of space to park a bus where there's going to be a great enough footfall. Perhaps a launch in Durham would work well, but you'd have to find a suitable location with a heavy footfall to make the event worthwhile, especially as there's just three main services which go to Durham from the entire network (204, 208 and 265).

I think today's event worked really well; whilst enthusiasts weren't invited to the launch at Crimdon Dene, Go North East did invite everyone along to see the old being replaced by the new. The 11:00am slot seemed to attract around ten enthusiasts (so there was plenty of interest in that side of the "launch"), and no doubt other enthusiasts arrived before and after this time too.

It's great to see Go North East supporting the enthusiast community - especially younger enthusiasts like Peter - in my opinion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - S813 FVK - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm)citaro5284 Where is there in Peterlee that could hold a launch?

I haven't got a clue. Never been myself and there is probably a good reason for that too.

(10 Aug 2015, 2:29 pm)Dan The launch at Crimdon Dene wasn't really intended as a publicity launch; I'd suggest that there's nothing to say that there won't be any publicity launches in future, similar to those that we have seen in the past, so keep your eyes on Go North East's website for that. I'm not sure where Go North East could hold a launch at Peterlee, as there isn't really a great deal of space to park a bus where there's going to be a great enough footfall. Perhaps a launch in Durham would work well, but you'd have to find a suitable location with a heavy footfall to make the event worthwhile, especially as there's just three main services which go to Durham from the entire network (204, 208 and 265).

I think today's event worked really well; whilst enthusiasts weren't invited to the launch at Crimdon Dene, Go North East did invite everyone along to see the old being replaced by the new. The 11:00am slot seemed to attract around ten enthusiasts (so there was plenty of interest in that side of the "launch"), and no doubt other enthusiasts arrived before and after this time too.

It's great to see Go North East supporting the enthusiast community - especially younger enthusiasts like Peter - in my opinion.

I waited for the 265 so you could count all those who waited on the "Indigo" routes for a Solo.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Jimmi - 10 Aug 2015

(10 Aug 2015, 2:29 pm)Dan The launch at Crimdon Dene wasn't really intended as a publicity launch; I'd suggest that there's nothing to say that there won't be any publicity launches in future, similar to those that we have seen in the past, so keep your eyes on Go North East's website for that. I'm not sure where Go North East could hold a launch at Peterlee, as there isn't really a great deal of space to park a bus where there's going to be a great enough footfall. Perhaps a launch in Durham would work well, but you'd have to find a suitable location with a heavy footfall to make the event worthwhile, especially as there's just three main services which go to Durham from the entire network (204, 208 and 265).

Enthusiasts and chavs! Was certainly fun having chavs shout "Bus W-word" at us, not that I care.

Durham, you could probably only really do Durham Market Place which can be done as Arriva launched the MAX X12 and Sapphire 22/24 there. I have no idea where you could put a bus in Peterlee for a publicity event.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015 - Jimmi - 10 Aug 2015

The numbers on the rear LED screens are enormous!
[Image: 20458842385_e363da2121.jpg]Go North East: 656 / NK15 GDO by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

There could of done a launch at Dalton park since service 202 and 265 goes there, then GNE could make it so the launch was more than 1 hour and 10 minutes better than Arriva's launch at Dalton Park.