North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1588)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm)Malarkey And as for this year I am at Work, so there is zero need for me to take note of this Wink

Ya aaarn fault if ya turn up t'work late then (if the bus is your chosen method of transportation!)  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Michael - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)Dan All in good time! All depends on if citaro5284 and I are both available and if the depot has an electrician who wants to work overtime into ungodly hours. Tongue

I'm out with my mates the next few weekends (and the programmes are unlikely to be completed prior to the end of this month anyway), so it'll probably be next month at the very earliest before you see any changes at Percy Main.

Haha - not yet! Tongue

Shouldn't be too long before Go North East posts details on their website.

Out of all the services in the Stanley area i only ever use the X30/X31 to Tanfield and the 78.

Hopefully not, i think they should be on soon as because of the amount of changes happening to the services in the areas.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Tom - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm)Dan All in good time! All depends on if citaro5284 and I are both available and if the depot has an electrician who wants to work overtime into ungodly hours. Tongue

I'm out with my mates the next few weekends (and the programmes are unlikely to be completed prior to the end of this month anyway), so it'll probably be next month at the very earliest before you see any changes at Percy Main.

No rush! Hopefully we'll see some changes to the 17 though to sort out the reliability, and it has been suggested by people that there will be changes next month.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Michael - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:31 pm)Tom No rush! Hopefully we'll see some changes to the 17 though to sort out the reliability, and it has been suggested by people that there will be changes next month.

I also heard that to, i heard they were planning on splitting the route: 

Whitley Bay to Wallsend

Wallsend to Cramlington

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Tom - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:33 pm)Michael I also heard that to, i heard they were planning on splitting the route: 

Whitley Bay to Wallsend

Wallsend to Cramlington

Yeah that's exactly what I heard but instead basically it would be the Sunday service, i.e 17 Churchill Street to Cramlington, and 17A Wallsend to Whitley Bay.

(02 Sep 2015, 5:35 pm)Tom Yeah that's exactly what I heard but instead basically it would be the Sunday service, i.e 17 Churchill Street to Cramlington, and 17A Wallsend to Whitley Bay.

Sounds good, i would imagine that would drop the frequency on the full route to hourly (so it drops from half hourly on parts of the route)

(02 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm)Michael Sounds good, i would imagine that would drop the frequency on the full route to hourly (so it drops from half hourly on parts of the route)

Can't see that happening, although I have heard about it. The only part of the route that would be left with a 30 minute frequency would be Wallsend-Rosehill which already has the Coaster and North Tyne Links every 15 minutes so there would be much point really. 

Also would mean areas like Holy Cross, Hadrian Lodge, East Howdon and Willington Quay would be left with a hourly service with no alternative nearby, so wouldn't go down well!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 02 Sep 2015

Nice to hear that there are definitely service changes happening for Stanley. Will bring variety as it has been the same for years and years.

(02 Sep 2015, 5:44 pm)S813 FVK Nice to hear that there are definitely service changes happening for Stanley. Will bring variety as it has been the same for years and years.

Wish Stagecoach would do that, had the same routes around my area since the 2005 changes in Sunderland! Tongue

(02 Sep 2015, 5:42 pm)Tom Can't see that happening, although I have heard about it. The only part of the route that would be left with a 30 minute frequency would be Wallsend-Rosehill which already has the Coaster and North Tyne Links every 15 minutes so there would be much point really. 

Also would mean areas like Holy Cross, Hadrian Lodge, East Howdon and Willington Quay would be left with a hourly service with no alternative nearby, so wouldn't go down well!

I have no idea for the route so can't say on passenger numbers it would be crap if it went to hourly, after its just gone from every 20 minutes to 30.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:44 pm)S813 FVK Nice to hear that there are definitely service changes happening for Stanley. Will bring variety as it has been the same for years and years.

How often have they done a customer consultation in the past and not gone through with at least some of the changes (even if the original proposals had to be altered somewhat based on customer feedback)...? Tongue

Obviously, some of Gateshead's services in Whickham and Winlaton were also proposed to change...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:46 pm)Dan How often have they done a customer consultation in the past and not gone through with at least some of the changes (even if the original proposals had to be altered somewhat based on customer feedback)...? Tongue

Suppose the most recent 'major' change was the introduction of the 44A. I just hope its something decent and look forward to giving them a good read.

(02 Sep 2015, 5:49 pm)S813 FVK Suppose the most recent 'major' change was the introduction of the 44A. I just hope its something decent and look forward to giving them a good read.

..and hopefully any changes increase reliability, given that this was the intention of making changes!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Malarkey - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 5:29 pm)Dan Ya aaarn fault if ya turn up t'work late then (if the bus is your chosen method of transportation!)  Big Grin

Who said I was travelling to South Shields?

I will definitely be late in to work as I start at 9am at SOL for the match against Spurs, but the first 56 from Concord isnt until 08:54am towards Sunderland, which means I will be around 20-25 Minutes Late in, otherwise I will have get the 4 to Heworth then the Metro to work as the first 2 through mine isnt until 09:42.

(02 Sep 2015, 6:02 pm)Dan ..and hopefully any changes increase reliability, given that this was the intention of making changes!

We can always hope... also we can hope when changes are announced that the FAB 57 are getting better buses due to changes, means i don't have to see Les Pigg moan on the GNE wall although that seems unlikely...

(02 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm)Malarkey Who said I was travelling to South Shields?

I will definitely be late in to work as I start at 9am at SOL for the match against Spurs, but the first 56 from Concord isnt until 08:54am towards Sunderland, which means I will be around 20-25 Minutes Late in, otherwise I will have get the 4 to Heworth then the Metro to work as the first 2 through mine isnt until 09:42.

See - you should have read the diversion information..!

Knowing you live in Washington, I (correctly) guessed you stood a chance of using services 4, 56 or X1 (ie one of the main services in the area) to go to work. All of these will be affected, especially the 56 and X1, as, until approximately 17:00, buses will run between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Prince Consort Road, Askew Road, Redheugh Bridge and St. James’ Boulevard to Westmorland Road, Neville Street, Clayton Street West to Westgate Road (Carling Academy).

The disruption to services certainly expands beyond South Shields...  Rolleyes

(02 Sep 2015, 6:05 pm)Michael We can always hope... also we can hope when changes are announced that the FAB 57 are getting better buses due to changes, means i don't have to see Les Pigg moan on the GNE wall although that seems unlikely...

Well the dual-door Volvo B10BLEs currently allocated aren't DDA-compliant so these either have to be modified to become DDA-compliant or alternative vehicles will have to be sourced...

(02 Sep 2015, 6:14 pm)Dan See - you should have read the diversion information..!

Knowing you live in Washington, I (correctly) guessed you stood a chance of using services 4, 56 or X1 (ie one of the main services in the area) to go to work. All of these will be affected, especially the 56 and X1, as, until approximately 17:00, buses will run between Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Gateshead Interchange and Newcastle via Prince Consort Road, Askew Road, Redheugh Bridge and St. James’ Boulevard to Westmorland Road, Neville Street, Clayton Street West to Westgate Road (Carling Academy). 

Well the dual-door Volvo B10BLEs aren't DDA-compliant so these either have to be modified to become DDA-compliant or alternative vehicles will have to be sourced...

Not straight away when changes happen though, i would imagine this will be done with new vehicles, which i doubt will start arriving the next month or so but hopefully before 1.1.16!

Unless they're getting 2nd hand vehicles, probables be from London....

We also have the OmniDekka's from Brighton heading up soon... Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - omnicity4659 - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 6:17 pm)Michael We also have the Omnideckers from Brighton heading up soon... Tongue

OmniDekka  Tongue

(02 Sep 2015, 6:20 pm)GX03 SVC OmniDekka  Tongue

Tongue, keep forgetting!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Diamond One - 02 Sep 2015

(02 Sep 2015, 6:21 pm)Michael Tongue, keep forgetting!

they are getting some

(02 Sep 2015, 6:17 pm)Michael Not straight away when changes happen though, i would imagine this will be done with new vehicles, which i doubt will start arriving the next month or so but hopefully before 1.1.16!

Unless they're getting 2nd hand vehicles, probables be from London....

We also have the OmniDekka's from Brighton heading up soon... Tongue

think i knew that thus why 10 are up here so far

(02 Sep 2015, 6:25 pm)Diamond One they are getting some

Yup, i said in my post, its just cause i mis-worded what they were called Tongue