North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1588)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - citaro5284 - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 12:01 pm)BusLoverMum The Angels could do with some extra poles near the wheel arch seats at the back. I find the rear facing ones impossible to balance on and there's no means of steadying myself on roundabouts.

And take the fun out of trying to remain upright  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - BusLoverMum - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 1:31 pm)citaro5284 And take the fun out of trying to remain upright  Tongue

I'm too old to bear the humiliation of falling off my seat.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 23 Sep 2015

(22 Sep 2015, 3:40 pm)Michael With the fleet lists not getting updated i'm a bit lost, any help on which ones need to be done? (once again i'm confused)

Nee more twisting Michael - the fleet lists have been updated..!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Michael - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 3:19 pm)Dan Nee more twisting Michael - the fleet lists have been updated..!

Haha good its about time!  Tongue Tongue Tongue Angel Angel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Michael - 23 Sep 2015

Is the AD122 awarded yearly or once a company gets it they run for a certain amount of years?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 3:25 pm)Michael Is the AD122 awarded yearly or once a company gets it they run for a certain amount of years?

I don't think it is a contract anymore (either that or the funding has been reduced) hence why the livery isn't as good as Alba Travel's SR.

(23 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm)S813 FVK I don't think it is a contract anymore (either that or the funding has been reduced) hence why the livery isn't as good as Alba Travel's SR.

Hopefully GNE run it next year but with something better than a MPD..

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - NK53 TKT - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 3:36 pm)Michael Hopefully GNE run it next year but with something better than a MPD..

I like MPDs the only other thing is a Citaro...
Which won't happen

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - DanPicken - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 6:27 pm)NK53 TKT I like MPDs the only other thing is a Citaro...

Which won't happen

Solo SR.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - NK53 TKT - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 6:31 pm)DanPicken Solo SR.

Not for that route, I only like the 61-reg ones

(23 Sep 2015, 6:27 pm)NK53 TKT I like MPDs the only other thing is a Citaro...
Which won't happen

They could use Solo's on it, only if they loose some NEXUS/Sunderland Connect next year.

The NEXUS Solo Sr's and Sunderland Connect (640 arrived a year later but i would imagine they'll be done together) are due for repaint next year... so we never know....

(23 Sep 2015, 6:36 pm)Michael They could use Solo's on it, only if they loose some NEXUS/Sunderland Connect next year.

The NEXUS Solo Sr's and Sunderland Connect (640 arrived a year later but i would imagine they'll be done together) are due for repaint next year... so we never know....

I have only been on 640 but don't like electric buses, avoid the 21 and 308 is what I do

(23 Sep 2015, 6:39 pm)NK53 TKT I have only been on 640 but don't like electric buses, avoid the 21 and 308 is what I do

The ones on the 700 are quiet good, i haven't being on Arriva's electric buses yet but the Angel ones are horrible.

(23 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)Michael The ones on the 700 are quiet good, i haven't being on Arriva's electric buses yet but the Angel ones are horrible.

Well the Arriva ones are just worse

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - S813 FVK - 23 Sep 2015

The 700 SRs and the 21/308 B5s aren't fully electric. They are electric hybrids (gives the option of being powered by an electric motor or diesel engine). Some more experienced/knowledgeable person in that area could give more details?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Dan - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 6:41 pm)Michael The ones on the 700 are quiet good, i haven't being on Arriva's electric buses yet but the Angel ones are horrible.

You see, I prefer the Volvo B5LHs compared to the Solo SR Hybrids...

I think the transition between 'Hybrid mode' and 'diesel mode' can be too harsh on the Volvo B5LHs, but they're just like an ordinary diesel-powered bus as soon as they go into 'diesel mode'. I'm by no means no expert on the mechanics of a bus, but I'm pretty sure the Solos stay in 'Hybrid mode'. I'm not too fond on the squeal these seem to have inside.

Neither compare to the biomethane-powered Scania ADL Enviro300s at Sunderland, mind..! They're absolutely fantastic; aside from being quieter than an ordinary diesel bus, there's hardly any notable differences.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - BusLoverMum - 23 Sep 2015

The Angels freak me out every time the engine stops!

Talking of which, has anyone seen 6060 lately? We haven't spotted it since it wouldn't start, about a month ago.

Agree that the stagecoach gas buses are lovely. The engine noise from inside is a nice quiet hum - and that has to be pretty good for people on the estates they serve, too.

(23 Sep 2015, 7:10 pm)Dan You see, I prefer the Volvo B5LHs compared to the Solo SR Hybrids...

I think the transition between 'Hybrid mode' and 'diesel mode' can be too harsh on the Volvo B5LHs, but they're just like an ordinary diesel-powered bus as soon as they go into 'diesel mode'. I'm by no means no expert on the mechanics of a bus, but I'm pretty sure the Solos stay in 'Hybrid mode'. I'm not too fond on the squeal these seem to have inside.

Neither compare to the biomethane-powered Scania ADL Enviro300s at Sunderland, mind..! They're absolutely fantastic; aside from being quieter than an ordinary diesel bus, there's hardly any notable differences.

Defo, i hope we get more at Sunderland, maybe in the next few years though....

Ye i think the Sunderland Connect hybrids stay in "Hybrid mode"

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Diamond One - 23 Sep 2015

(23 Sep 2015, 7:12 pm)BusLoverMum The Angels freak me out every time the engine stops!

Talking of which, has anyone seen 6060 lately? We haven't spotted it since it wouldn't start, about a month ago.

Agree that the stagecoach gas buses are lovely. The engine noise from inside is a nice quiet hum - and that has to be pretty good for people on the estates they serve, too.
Much prefer them hybrids any day of the week solos am not a fan of cab is too tight

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 - Rapidsnap - 23 Sep 2015

All the "electric" buses around here are Hybrids since the ones used on the Cathedral Bus were withdrawn.

Pure electric buses don't bother me. I find them rather quirky. Been on pure electric buses in St Helens, Birkenhead and London. I've also been on Trolleybuses at the Sandtoft Museum, and actually been on trolleybuses in normal service in Ghent in 2008. Was lucky on that account as they were withdrawn later in 2008.