North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1619)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Diamond One - 07 Oct 2015

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/21833088989/in/dateposted-public/ - 5253 now branded up

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Transbus574 - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 1:51 pm)Michael That might be 5228, as this was the only other 04 reg Scania which was left in "Highwayman".

The Omnidekka will be 6132, which has yet to be painted in to "Go North East".... won't be long before both of them head to Stanley.

Scania should be 4938 and 5228 is still in service today

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Michael - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 3:14 pm)Transbus574 Scania should be 4938 and 5228 is still in service today

Oh right, the fleet list on here said it was painted Green 3 days ago, unless Dan is just updating it when they arrive for a repaint, my bad.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Dan - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 1:27 pm)busspotterdean I am new to this thread
Just noticed since Percy Main destinations have been updated the NSA on the 309/310 don't work any more.

But it is good to see GNE making the destinations easier to read and adding extra via points in for passengers

At least we're getting a positive with a negative..! Wink

The via points tally up with the locations served on the timetables, to provide consistency. This may mean adding more, but it may mean removing a couple, too.

We were already aware of the Next Stop Announcement issue, and it should be sorted by the end of this week.

(07 Oct 2015, 3:23 pm)Michael Oh right, the fleet list on here said it was painted Green 3 days ago, unless Dan is just updating it when they arrive for a repaint, my bad.

Yes; everything is getting updated "live", so to speak.

(07 Oct 2015, 11:48 am)Transbus574 4958 is currently VOR I can recall that 4959 currently does not have a working side blind nor does 5221

5221 was certainly fine in July, so it may have been temporarily disconnected by electricians.

Any issues at Chester-le-Street will be seen to later this month.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Michael - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm)Dan At least we're getting a positive with a negative...

The via points tally up with the locations served on the timetables, to provide consistency. We were already aware of the Next Stop Announcement issue, and it should be sorted by the end of this week.

Yes; everything is getting updated "live", so to speak.

Its much easier to follow, its a good addition to the forum, at least when your busy and the fleet news is quickly edited everyone knows although we have to click on the news to see if its been updated.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - LeeCalder - 07 Oct 2015

I have just been informed that the Gateshead service changes will be announced by the weekend via the customer service team....

"They should appear on our website by the coming weekend"

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - citaro5284 - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm)LeeCalder I have just been informed that the Gateshead service changes will be announced by the weekend via the customer service team....

Its a bugger when you know them already  Tongue

(07 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm)LeeCalder I have just been informed that the Gateshead service changes will be announced by the weekend via the customer service team....

Hopefully they are.

Citaro do you know when the new Stanley bus timetables will be in travel shops?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Dan - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 3:32 pm)Michael Its much easier to follow, its a good addition to the forum, at least when your busy and the fleet news is quickly edited everyone knows although we have to click on the news to see if its been updated.

It also means that not all news has to appear on the forum. A lot of information has always been posted about Go North East, ever since this forum's creation, but the amount of 'news' given seems to have increased massively over the past year or so. Infrequent visitors to the site have to trundle through masses of information which mightn't be particularly interesting nor relevant. The idea is that the less interesting news stories can appear in the news section, but we needn't endlessly discuss boring topics here on the forum, and hopefully that will encourage more constructive posts and some discussion that's interesting/entertaining to read. Quality over quantity, and all!

In time, if you wish to discuss a news article that has been posted, you'll be able to click it to view that individual article and link back to the source here on the forum (as we usually do for ordinary news articles!)

What will be of interest to some (especially DaveyBowyer) is the transfer of Wright StreetDeck demonstrator 9119 (SN64 CTU) from Percy Main to Riverside earlier this afternoon. After a period of driver familiarisation, this vehicle will see allocation to "Tyne Tees Xpress" services X9/X10.

(07 Oct 2015, 4:20 pm)Dan It also means that not all news has to appear on the forum. A lot of information has always been posted about Go North East, ever since this forum's creation, but the amount of 'news' given seems to have increased massively over the past year or so. Infrequent visitors to the site have to trundle through masses of information which mightn't be particularly interesting nor relevant. The idea is that the less interesting news stories can appear in the news section, but we needn't endlessly discuss boring topics here on the forum, and hopefully that will encourage more constructive posts and some discussion that's interesting/entertaining to read. Quality over quantity, and all!

In time, if you wish to discuss a news article that has been posted, you'll be able to click it to view that individual article and link back to the source here on the forum (as we usually do for ordinary news articles!)

What will be of interest to some (especially DaveyBowyer) is the transfer of Wright StreetDeck demonstrator 9119 (SN64 CTU) from Percy Main to Riverside earlier this afternoon. After a period of driver familiarisation, this vehicle will see allocation to "Tyne Tees Xpress" services X9/X10.

That'll be good, what else needs to be done to the news/fleet lists? (expect for sentence i've bolded) 

Any idea how long it'll be on the X9/X10?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - park5354 - 07 Oct 2015

4919 back in service at Riverside today, now with defective side and rear destinations.

4900 has a defective side destination, and rear was showing a central 95, without destination, yesterday.

4949 has a defective rear destination.

4967 has a incorrect setting on side destination, with destination scrolling in only half the available space, leaving half of it unused.

8328, 8329 and 5277 front destinations are very dull.  possibly a faulty light sensor as are a couple of loops.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - citaro5284 - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:14 pm)park5354 4919 back in service at Riverside today, now with defective side and rear destinations.

4900 has a defective side destination, and rear was showing a central 95, without destination, yesterday.

4949 has a defective rear destination.

4967 has a incorrect setting on side destination, with destination scrolling in only half the available space, leaving half of it unused.

8328, 8329 and 5277 front destinations are very dull.  possibly a faulty light sensor as are a couple of loops.

You nearly getting as bad as Robert Daz  Tongue

4949 is switched off due to the advert on the back.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm)citaro5284 You nearly getting as bad as Robert Daz  Tongue

Haha. 6122s side destination is not working. It is a flipdot though but doesnt look to be a case of it freezing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:15 pm)citaro5284 4949 is switched off due to the advert on the back.

Will this not mean that the vehicle is not DDA compliant? 

From the respective thread:

On front of vehicle (route number & destination)
On nearside of vehicle (route number & destination) - between 1.2m (lower edge) and 2.5m (upper edge) height from the ground
Route number should be to the right of the front display
Displays showing both ends of the route simultaneously should be avoided

On rear of vehicle (route number only) - centrally above/below rear window no more than 2.5m above ground

(07 Oct 2015, 5:16 pm)S813 FVK Haha. 6122s side destination is not working. It is a flipdot though but doesnt look to be a case of it freezing.

Cheers, we will have a look at it on the night of the 24th October.....when myself and Dan will be doing a nightshift to update the destinations with the new routes.

(07 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm)citaro5284 Cheers, we will have a look at it on the night of the 24th October.....when myself and Dan will be doing a nightshift to update the destinations with the new routes.

Thats the same day i get back from Blackpool so i'll enjoy the first night back at home. From what i remember, Stanley depot is quite cold but at least it is inside unlike Riverside (although i think that the Ventures are kept outside in the back?)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Davie - 07 Oct 2015

Does anybody know why a Saltwell Park branded Streetlite has just went through Wrekenton heading towards Eighton Banks?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Diamond One - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:23 pm)citaro5284 Cheers, we will have a look at it on the night of the 24th October.....when myself and Dan will be doing a nightshift to update the destinations with the new routes.

remember that ominicity based at Percy Main on Cobalt Connect 5244 when the driver fliped its destination blind to go back in the opposite direction it reminded me of a Hospital Scanner except without the beating with the blinds the driver had to turn off the blind as a result its been fixed since then i have a few witnesses when i took a shot of it Mr Andrews first name Dave and NEB Commander Dan

(07 Oct 2015, 5:34 pm)Diamond One remember that ominicity based at Percy Main on Cobalt Connect 5244 when the driver fliped its destination blind to go back in the opposite direction it reminded me of a Hospital Scanner except without the beating with the blinds the driver had to turn off the blind as a result its been fixed since then i have a few witnesses when i took a shot of it Mr Andrews first name Dave and NEB Commander Dan

Aye, all fixed now

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Davie - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:34 pm)Diamond One remember that ominicity based at Percy Main on Cobalt Connect 5244 when the driver fliped its destination blind to go back in the opposite direction it reminded me of a Hospital Scanner except without the beating with the blinds the driver had to turn off the blind as a result its been fixed since then i have a few witnesses when i took a shot of it Mr Andrews first name Dave and NEB Commander Dan
Do you mean this https://flic.kr/p/qCB9Ba?