North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1619)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - DanPicken - 03 Oct 2015

The 44 I'm on left Eldon Square at 14:15 some 25 minutes late.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Jimmi - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 1:33 pm)DanPicken The 44 I'm on left Eldon Square at 14:15 some 25 minutes late.
That's nothing, I sure I overhead that the 20A I'm currently on is 45 minutes late! To make matters worse it's Vyking 3979 which was so slow up Houghton Cut we got overtaken by Fast Cats 4976 on the X35!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - MurdnunoC - 03 Oct 2015

Just saw a 45 coming down Busty Bank from Burnopfield towards the Gill. It seemed to be carrying passengers but couldn't get a good look as I was driving.

Is there an ongoing incident around Lintzford? The bends are notorious for accidents.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - citaro5284 - 03 Oct 2015

A694 at junction for Medomsley / Burnopfield CLOSED due to serious RTC

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - BusLoverMum - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 1:33 pm)DanPicken The 44 I'm on left Eldon Square at 14:15 some 25 minutes late.

It's bonkers. The 15:20 x12 arrived on time. We're still in Newcastle, though. Outside wilmoafter a huge detour past St James' park. Took 10 minutes just to leave eldon square

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - DanPicken - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 2:48 pm)BusLoverMum It's bonkers. The 15:20 x12 arrived on time. We're still in Newcastle, though. Outside wilmoafter a huge detour past St James' park. Took 10 minutes just to leave eldon square

Was that a double-decker? Also I'm now stuck traffic hasn't moved in 5 minutes due to gridlock buses being diverted mine can't move.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - BusLoverMum - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 2:52 pm)DanPicken Was that a double-decker? Also I'm now stuck traffic hasn't moved in 5 minutes due to gridlock buses being diverted mine can't move.

Yep!

II have to do this again on Friday!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Oct 2015

This is why i have chosen to avoid Newcastle both this and next weekend. I wouldn't even bother contending with the problems as an enthusiast taking photos.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Jimmi - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm)S813 FVK This is why i have chosen to avoid Newcastle both this and next weekend. I wouldn't even bother contending with the problems as an enthusiast taking photos.
My plan for today was to go anywhere, but stay well away from Newcastle, my reasoning would be the amount of people walking around and then there is the traffic killing the reliability of buses, saw the X9 and X10 both heading down the A19 to Middlesbrough together.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - S813 FVK - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 4:55 pm)Jimmi My plan for today was to go anywhere, but stay well away from Newcastle, my reasoning would be the amount of people walking around and then there is the traffic killing the reliability of buses, saw the X9 and X10 both heading down the A19 to Middlesbrough together.

I managed to get through Durham City Centre to South Stanley without seeing a single Diamond service. People at bus stops seemed fed up waiting. Just shows how bad the delays are haha.

(03 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm)S813 FVK I managed to get through Durham City Centre to South Stanley without seeing a single Diamond service. People at bus stops seemed fed up waiting. Just shows how bad the delays are haha.
More good reasons for splitting the current Diamond services at Stanley.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - L469 YVK - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 5:06 pm)Jimmi More good reasons for splitting the current Diamond services at Stanley.

Agreed. Although some long routes don't have too many major congestion hotspots, the current Diamond services have to deal with Newcastle, the Metrocentre, Durham then anywhere else that causes problems along route.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Davie - 03 Oct 2015

I forgot to ask this yesterday - Has the Q.E shuttle MPD (563?) been VOR or something along those lines as the allocation last week (Well Tuesday - Thursday) what I saw was a Nexus Solo Sr?

(03 Oct 2015, 5:45 pm)Davie I forgot to ask this yesterday - Has the Q.E shuttle MPD (563?) been VOR or something along those lines as the allocation last week (Well Tuesday - Thursday) what I saw was a Nexus Solo Sr?

It is VOR was on the stilts or whatever they are called at Riverside.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Davie - 03 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 5:53 pm)DanPicken It is VOR was on the stilts or whatever they are called at Riverside.
Cheers for that

(03 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm)S813 FVK This is why i have chosen to avoid Newcastle both this and next weekend. I wouldn't even bother contending with the problems as an enthusiast taking photos.

The pay off is some good odd workings, mind. Though the best of those appear to have been linked with Houghton feast, this weekend.

Though Big'un has decided he wants to head to Middlesbrough, next weekend. That still leaves us having to deal with the X12 for a decent through run coming home, mind. I might persuade him to head out to Darlo, instead, if the weather's any good. We then have the option of a super scenic ride home, via Bishop, if he wants.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - DanPicken - 04 Oct 2015

(03 Oct 2015, 9:02 pm)BusLoverMum The pay off is some good odd workings, mind. Though the best of those appear to have been linked with Houghton feast, this weekend.

Though Big'un has decided he wants to head to Middlesbrough, next weekend. That still leaves us having to deal with the X12 for a decent through run coming home, mind. I might persuade him to head out to Darlo, instead, if the weather's any good. We then have the option of a super scenic ride home, via Bishop, if he wants.

I'm going next Saturday don't know about the Friday.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2015

There was talk yesterday about odd workings on the 20's and them struggling up Houghton Cut.

At the risk of being lambasted again and bringing up an old topic... 5212 was more or less at a standstill going up.
It moved once it got to the top, but I witnessed the driver sticking on his hazards for a period, whilst going up the hill - such was the apparent danger/hazard to other road users.
A clever move, as it alerted other drivers to its speed (or lack of).

As I said earlier, the purple Solar comments may have been done to death in some peoples eyes.
Just putting the observation from earlier on of 5212 out there. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - DanPicken - 04 Oct 2015

5227 has been repainted into Lambton Worm green.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015 - Diamond One - 04 Oct 2015

(04 Oct 2015, 11:13 am)Andreos1 There was talk yesterday about odd workings on the 20's and them struggling up Houghton Cut.

At the risk of being lambasted again and bringing up an old topic... 5212 was more or less at a standstill going up.
It moved once it got to the top, but I witnessed the driver sticking on his hazards for a period, whilst going up the hill - such was the apparent danger/hazard to other road users.
A clever move, as it alerted other drivers to its speed (or lack of).

As I said earlier, the purple Solar comments may have been done to death in some peoples eyes.
Just putting the observation from earlier on of 5212 out there.

on friday i forgot to mention 4969 had problems with overheating while on its 20 duties to Durham you could see steam and water pouring out of the back of the bus