North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm)LeeCalder Because of their eagerness to get you too book with them again, the constant flow of emails etc, which although you can stop are very annoying.

As well as this, the fact they now opt for Nectar Points instead of their own reward system.

Set up a filter for the e-mails to bypass your inbox, then you'll still have them archived should you ever need to read them but you won't get the notifications. Five minute job, and then you can save on a booking fee etc!

I thought you said in a previous post that you weren't bothered about rewards schemes, so I'm not sure why you care about Nectar Points?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 26 Apr 2016

An Arriva driver...

Standing at the bus stop near the A19 flyover at Shotton, waiting for a 24 on my way to our lasses in Ludworth, put my hand out, bastard drove right past me...

Had to get the 22 to Thornley and walk towards Ludworth, our lass came and picked me up [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 12:31 pm)LeeCalder Because of their eagerness to get you too book with them again, the constant flow of emails etc, which although you can stop are very annoying.

As well as this, the fact they now opt for Nectar Points instead of their own reward system.

(26 Apr 2016, 2:43 pm)Dan Set up a filter for the e-mails to bypass your inbox, then you'll still have them archived should you ever need to read them but you won't get the notifications. Five minute job, and then you can save on a booking fee etc!

I thought you said in a previous post that you weren't bothered about rewards schemes, so I'm not sure why you care about Nectar Points?
I have a whole separate email account for everything potentially spammy. I have an old one I care about even less for everything potentially spammy and virussy.
(26 Apr 2016, 6:27 pm)MrFozz An Arriva driver...

Standing at the bus stop near the A19 flyover at Shotton, waiting for a 24 on my way to our lasses in Ludworth, put my hand out, bastard drove right past me...

Had to get the 22 to Thornley and walk towards Ludworth, our lass came and picked me up [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Awww. Should have popped in for a cuppa Wink

(The 22 we caught, the other week, did end up in Ludworth, when the driver got lost after taking a forced detour)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 2:43 pm)Dan Set up a filter for the e-mails to bypass your inbox, then you'll still have them archived should you ever need to read them but you won't get the notifications. Five minute job, and then you can save on a booking fee etc!

I was a member of East Coast Rewards, and had a fair few points, but I find Nectar a poor value rewards scheme. Hence why I'm not bothered about it.

Thanks for letting me know about the filter.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 7:51 pm)BusLoverMum I have a whole separate email account for everything potentially spammy. I have an old one I care about even less for everything potentially spammy and virussy.

Awww. Should have popped in for a cuppa Wink

(The 22 we caught, the other week, did end up in Ludworth, when the driver got lost after taking a forced detour)

Next time I am in the vicinity, I will warn ya to get the kettle on...coulda done with the driver getting lost on a forced detour...it was fooking freezing [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 26 Apr 2016

(26 Apr 2016, 10:51 pm)MrFozz Next time I am in the vicinity, I will warn ya to get the kettle on...coulda done with the driver getting lost on a forced detour...it was fooking freezing [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

It was, too, though you might have been nearer to Ludworth than to me, anyhow (no I don't live in the big new houses with no gardens at 'top)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 27 Apr 2016

Testing this Arriva thing (see another thread)

3 X12's didn't bother running out of Newcastle (assumed the A19 crash was affecting traffic or perhaps just Durham roadworks)

Annoyingly one of the X12's jumped back into service from Dryden Road

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 27 Apr 2016

(27 Apr 2016, 10:25 pm)Ambassador Testing this Arriva thing (see another thread)

3 X12's didn't bother running out of Newcastle (assumed the A19 crash was affecting traffic or perhaps just Durham roadworks)

Annoyingly one of the X12's jumped back into service from Dryden Road

Presume you mean the app.

Delayed services obviously wouldn't run as there may be no bus to run with. The app doesn't do well with delays and diversions, though.edit BC I get you now. You mean you're testing the day ticket!

Points about the app still stand.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Apr 2016

Sky+ series link not recording NINE episodes of something. Thanks!

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Apr 2016

As we don't have a Arsehole of the Day thread...

We just overtook a cyclist on the A688 near Tindle Crescent and we had plenty of time to overtake a cyclist but the woman coming the other way decided to flash the lights and do the hand signal for w***er at us, despite the fact we were back in our lane in plenty of time. (I'm not driving obviously)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 6:59 am)Jimmi As we don't have a Arsehole of the Day thread...

We just overtook a cyclist on the A688 near Tindle Crescent and we had plenty of time to overtake a cyclist but the woman coming the other way decided to flash the lights and do the hand signal for w***er at us, despite the fact we were back in our lane in plenty of time. (I'm not driving obviously)

And we don't need one either, before anyone gets any ideas... there's enough negativity in this thread! Smile

How do you know the driver didn't have to slow down for the bus? If she has had to, then that's a poorly timed manoeuvre.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 12:03 pm)Adrian And we don't need one either, before anyone gets any ideas... there's enough negativity in this thread! Smile

How do you know the driver didn't have to slow down for the bus? If she has had to, then that's a poorly timed manoeuvre.
Sorry.

The move was made with plenty of space, if she was having to brake then she must be such a nervous driver to the point she shouldn't be driving I feel, also we have to question her driving safety seem as one of her hands was not on the wheel whilst the obscene hand gesture was made.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 12:13 pm)Jimmi Sorry.

The move was made with plenty of space, if she was having to brake then she must be such a nervous driver to the point she shouldn't be driving I feel, also we have to question her driving safety seem as one of her hands was not on the wheel whilst the obscene hand gesture was made.

Why?

Do people not change gear with only one hand on the wheel?

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 Apr 2016

Okay, my comments have backfired, I haven't thought some of these things through.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 30 Apr 2016

Bloody Nexus Bus Station security! Saying I was photographing buses in Park Lane when I obviously wasn't!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 30 Apr 2016

First off co-worker phones in sick, which resulted in me finishing at 1800 instead of 1530.

Then on the way home, encountered several idiot drivers, with the last one cause me to take evasive action, which caused my engine to misfire and go into limp mode with the Engine Management light on. So unless the engine settles down overnight, I'm bussing it to the rally tomorrow and to work for the next few days until I can get it to a garage.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 6:47 pm)GMitchelhill First off co-worker phones in sick, which resulted in me finishing at 1800 instead of 1530.

Then on the way home, encountered several idiot drivers, with the last one cause me to take evasive action, which caused my engine to misfire and go into limp mode with the Engine Management light on. So unless the engine settles down overnight, I'm bussing it to the rally tomorrow and to work for the next few days until I can get it to a garage.

It's always on a Bank Holiday, isn't it? Our Mazda had a dodgy DPF and you could guarantee that, after a Bank Holiday weekend excursion, somewhere, it would play up. We gave up not long after it went into limp mode just south of Scotch Corner after dropping big'un off at Ferrybridge services. Bank holiday, of course.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 7:03 pm)BusLoverMum It's always on a Bank Holiday, isn't it? Our Mazda had a dodgy DPF and you could guarantee that, after a Bank Holiday weekend excursion, somewhere, it would play up. We gave up not long after it went into limp mode just south of Scotch Corner after dropping big'un off at Ferrybridge services. Bank holiday, of course.

In cars if the depollution Filter is defective, It will send it into limp-mode to keep within the Emmisions range. If you can just pull over and turn the car off and turn it back on again, That should reset the filter.

Though the car in the long term will probably have to visit a garage to get it resolved before it gets worse.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

(30 Apr 2016, 9:52 pm)South Tyne Lad In cars if the depollution Filter is defective, It will send it into limp-mode to keep within the Emmisions range. If you can just pull over and turn the car off and turn it back on again, That should reset the filter.

Though the car in the long term will probably have to visit a garage to get it resolved before it gets worse.

Nope - not with this DPF. It's a long term thing. Not helped by the fact that Mazda are pigs with their computerised stuff - Husband could get his car serviced for 2/3 the dealer price at, say a Bosch garage (there was a great one in Stockton, near to where he used to work - highly recommended by Which?, too) but he'd still have to take it to the dealer and pay for a whole hour's labour for them to connect it to a laptop and say yeah, it's been done.

There were 2 solutions to the DPF. The moral one was to get it replaced at an eyewatering cost. The cheap one for a car worth less than 2K was to get it drilled out.

Instead, we part exchanged it for another Toyota Avensis (had one before that we took to £125k miles). Not the least bit exciting, but solid as a rock (far more than VW and the supposedly "reliable" Audis and Beemers) reasonably priced dealer service, crackable software when it gets too old to be arsed to pay dealer service prices (Mazda change theirs every year so it can't be cracked, forcing all owners who want a full service history to go to their dealers, but we discovered that their vehicles don't get that old, anyhow) and easy enough to recognise in a big car park!

Our only sadness is that Toyota are discontinuing the Avensis, soon. Ours is 61 reg, so we need to decide whether to trade it in for another nearly new tourer (brand new cars are a mug's game) or keep it until we kill it. We no longer need to put a wheelchair in the boot, so strictly don't need the big boot anymore (a roof box would suffice for occasional luggage) but the Auris isn't big enough in the back for long legged adults. Husband is a bit sniffy about the VersOs. We'd probably end up with a Rav 4! (which wouldn't be completely stupid in Co Durham, given that we have a lot more Winter than elsewhere.) We'd love a landcruiser, but are a bit too green and crunchy for one of them. Plus, new ones cost about what our house did!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 01 May 2016

Anyone else's hay fever starting to get bad? My nose is blocked and my throat feels horrible so looks like it's getting worse than just itchy eyes. Barely got any sleep last night and that's probably the reason I couldn't be bothered with today. Need to get some better tablets too as the ones I've got now do fuck all