North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 30 May 2016

Visitors to Cincinnati Zoo have blamed the parents of a boy who fell into the gorilla enclosure - forcing staff to shoot and kill the rare 400-lb animals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cincinnati-zoo-critics-blame-parents-of-boy-as-anger-mounts-over-shooting-dead-of-gorilla-a7055796.html

Absolute disgrace, the Gorilla was only protecting the boy, its the natural instinct of them, where was the boys parents?, they should be investigated.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 May 2016

I was going to tour 4 coastal beaches; Newbiggin, Blyth, Seaburn and Hartlepool, however, the weather isn't as it was forecasted to be today. One day, one day.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 30 May 2016

(29 May 2016, 12:25 pm)Andreos1 It can't be that un-intrusive. How many people have mentioned it apart from myself? The fact you have to scroll past whatever add is flashing about, is enough to say that it isn't.

I totally get why the decision has been made to have AdWords on the site (just like every other site the world over that has it), however adblock was invented for a reason.
Unfortunately my WP can't block ads. My android and apple devices have it installed, just as my laptop does.

Ok we should remove the advert and maybe not have the site in a few years.
I'm sure the ad wasn't placed for the hell of it and to annoy you.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 30 May 2016

Probably not something I should be putting on a bus enthusiasts off topic thread...

My life is falling apart all around me, I dont know how to fix it [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 1:44 pm)northern156 Ok we should remove the advert and maybe not have the site in a few years.

Did you read the bit where I said I understood the reasons for it?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 2:44 pm)MrFozz Probably not something I should be putting on a bus enthusiasts off topic thread...

My life is falling apart all around me, I dont know how to fix it [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

Stuff you've dealt with before or new stuff?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 1:44 pm)northern156 Ok we should remove the advert and maybe not have the site in a few years.

I don't really understand why you are on such a 'high horse' regarding this, especially as you are in a position of authority on this forum. Surely you should just take it as feedback, and understand that people may be annoyed that adverts keep popping up....

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 9:13 pm)LeeCalder I don't really understand why you are on such a 'high horse' regarding this, especially as you are in a position of authority on this forum. Surely you should just take it as feedback, and understand that people may be annoyed that adverts keep popping up....

NEB doesn't contain code for ads that will pop up. As mentioned previously, there's a single ad at the very top of the page. Nothing more than that.

Feedback is of course taken on board, and if you or anyone else has any (legal) ideas to make NEB pay for itself, then please feel free to put those forward.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 9:40 pm)Adrian NEB doesn't contain code for ads that will pop up. As mentioned previously, there's a single ad at the very top of the page. Nothing more than that.

Feedback is of course taken on board, and if you or anyone else has any (legal) ideas to make NEB pay for itself, then please feel free to put those forward.

I personally don't have a problem with the advert, it just looked odd at first that's all.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 9:48 pm)R852 PRG How exactly is he taking a ''high horse'' stance?

The post has been replied to and answered as above. It doesn't require a petty squabble to be started on the back of it thanks.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 30 May 2016

Never had such a hard time trying to plan a trip out on Transdev's new Little Explorers, Havent got past where I'm going to get off on my first journey!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 30 May 2016

Accidentally ran all my work reports off forgetting it was Bank Holiday Monday so it's given me all the wrong data so I'm going to have to go in at 6.30am tomorrow to manipulate all the data.

The joys of bringing your work laptop home and a few glasses of white.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 30 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 10:12 pm)South Tyne Lad Never had such a hard time trying to plan a trip out on Transdev's new Little Explorers, Havent got past where I'm going to get off on my first journey!

And here I am with a plan I made weeks ago!

Admittedly I only have one journey on the "Little Explorers" tomorrow, so I have to hope and pray I don't get an odd working. If the one that leaves Ripon at 11:18 could be late, that would help me out for more photos as I know full well that the Dales & District 70 will not arrive at the scheduled arrival time of 11:15.

(30 May 2016, 10:32 pm)Jimmi And here I am with a plan I made weeks ago!

Admittedly I only have one journey on the "Little Explorers" tomorrow, so I have to hope and pray I don't get an odd working. If the one that leaves Ripon at 11:18 could be late, that would help me out for more photos as I know full well that the Dales & District 70 will not arrive at the scheduled arrival time of 11:15.

Nearly finished my plan now, And I'm actually going to be photographing the service your on! In Aldborough.
Will then have something to eat either in there or walk to Boroghbridge and after that I'm haeding to Harrogate on the 1A.

(30 May 2016, 10:47 pm)South Tyne Lad Nearly finished my plan now, And I'm actually going to be photographing the service your on! In Aldborough.
Will then have something to eat either in there or walk to Boroghbridge and after that I'm haeding to Harrogate on the 1A.

Yeah I'm catching the 10:15 70 from Northallerton where I will arrive in Ripon at 11:15 then I will get the 12:00 22 as far as Knaresborough. I will also be visiting Wetherby and Harrogate on this trip. Hopefully I will get some decent shots, although I have kind of planned tomorrow to be more riding the buses rather than photographing them, which is how I've been doing things lately such as Saturday's outing. So I may see you at some point tomorrow then.

(30 May 2016, 10:53 pm)Jimmi Yeah I'm catching the 10:15 70 from Northallerton where I will arrive in Ripon at 11:15 then I will get the 12:00 22 as far as Knaresborough. I will also be visiting Wetherby and Harrogate on this trip. Hopefully I will get some decent shots, although I have kind of planned tomorrow to be more riding the buses rather than photographing them, which is how I've been doing things lately such as Saturday's outing. So I may see you at some point tomorrow then.

Probs more likely Harrogate we'll see eachother as I'm there around half way through my day.

Getting the 9:30 train to York, 10:40 22 to Aldebourgh, Eat there or walk to Bourghbridge, 1244 1A to Harrogate and then either the 1400 22 to Knaresbourgh or a later 1A/1B etc.
Then the 1500 23 which takes a different route to the 22 and runs once daily through to York, Arriving at 17:45 then a train home.

I Should cover the whole route over the day, On 3 different buses which I think is the PVR so I should get everything covered in the day.
Unless plans change.

(30 May 2016, 11:10 pm)South Tyne Lad Probs more likely Harrogate we'll see eachother as I'm there around half way through my day.

Getting the 9:30 train to York, 10:40 22 to Aldebourgh, Eat there or walk to Bourghbridge, 1244 1A to Harrogate and then either the 1400 22 to Knaresbourgh or a later 1A/1B etc.
Then the 1500 23 which takes a different route to the 22 and runs once daily through to York, Arriving at 17:45 then a train home.

I Should cover the whole route over the day, On 3 different buses which I think is the PVR so I should get everything covered in the day.
Unless plans change.

Well I should be in Harrogate between 13:45 and 13:55 all being well.

(30 May 2016, 11:14 pm)Jimmi Well I should be in Harrogate between 13:45 and 13:55 all being well.

I should be there from 1335 to 1400 so we might see eachother.

I have a 8:40 start tomorrow so I'm offline till tomorrow, Hope to see you tomorrow Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 31 May 2016

(30 May 2016, 4:54 pm)BusLoverMum Stuff you've dealt with before or new stuff?
A bit of everything really...

The last 6 months have been torture, me and my missus have been rowing a lot lately as I have fell back into a fewnold habits and I have, by my own admission, started to push her away as I dont know how to face up to things...

Anyway, me and my girl talked last night, and it has been made clear to me that to get help I have to seek help and she is gonna help me do that, our relationship has been quite rocky, I mean it did not get off to a good start as I had to deal with my sister dying, we had officially been together for 8 days at that point.

The main problem is our individual problems, I wont say too much, but the love is there and plenty of it.

We are getting there though, we have found our own way now and we are slowly working on it

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 31 May 2016

Just bought a off peak return instead of a single Rail fare at Northallerton. Oh well, at least it was only pennies more.