North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 02 Jun 2016

(02 Jun 2016, 2:56 pm)BusLoverMum Just wrestled little'un away from the bells, yet again and clattered my thumb on the rim of a flaming red bull can that some ignorant Muppet had wedged between the seat back. Nice big red dent in the skin at the base of the nail now.

Edit - to add insult to injury, I knocked it out in disgust with my elbow, not realising there was still some drink in it, which is now all over the floor of the bus and the bottom of my bag. (Sorry for the mess, Arriva - not entirely my fault)

Just waiting for Jimmi's post now, to say he slipped on some red bull that someone had spilled on the floor of an Arriva bus, and then he fell on to the can.  Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 02 Jun 2016

(02 Jun 2016, 4:59 pm)Adrian Just waiting for Jimmi's post now, to say he slipped on some red bull that someone had spilled on the floor of an Arriva bus, and then he fell on to the can.  Smile

No, that hasn't happened... Yet!

Had a battle getting off the X10 in Gateshead this morning as just about everyone had their legs in the aisle upstairs. Also peak time GNE 21, very busy, went upstairs and there was some arse who refused to move from the middle of the backseat upstairs, ended up going back downstairs and had to sit at the back there which made me feel slightly embarrassed as everyone was looking at me! Only reason for getting the 21 was because I wanted a photo of the JH Coaches E200 which I shot just as you go into Barley Mow Estate, seem as the late arrival of the 68 in Wrekenton this morning prevented me from getting a shot and ride then.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 02 Jun 2016

(02 Jun 2016, 5:09 pm)Jimmi No, that hasn't happened... Yet!

Had a battle getting off the X10 in Gateshead this morning as just about everyone had their legs in the aisle upstairs. Also peak time GNE 21, very busy, went upstairs and there was some arse who refused to move from the middle of the backseat upstairs, ended up going back downstairs and had to sit at the back there which made me feel slightly embarrassed as everyone was looking at me! Only reason for getting the 21 was because I wanted a photo of the JH Coaches E200 which I shot just as you go into Barley Mow Estate, seem as the late arrival of the 68 in Wrekenton this morning prevented me from getting a shot and ride then.

If it's any consolation, I nearly fell over stepping down from 3832, this afternoon. My thumb is less angry, now but quite tender.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 04 Jun 2016

The thought of having to rename/redescripting the some 160 additions to my flickr. This may take more than just a days work!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 04 Jun 2016

I see there's going to be a show about trainspotting on the BBC, it's called Trainspotting Live and is going to hosted by Dan Snow. Well that's just typical they do one for train enthusiasts but not bus enthusiasts.

They should do Bus Spotting Live and have it at cling on corner. Interviews with the usual suspects...

I'd watch it for sure.

Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 9:36 am)Charles41 I see there's going to be a show about trainspotting on the BBC, it's called Trainspotting Live and is going to hosted by Dan Snow. Well that's just typical they do one for train enthusiasts but not bus enthusiasts.

They should do Bus Spotting Live and have it at cling on corner. Interviews with the usual suspects...

I'd watch it for sure.

Smile

Oh, that is good for me like Charles, defo be watching that.

haha, aye, top of the show would be Cling On Corner.  Of course, with the interviews, I think subtitles would be a must.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 04 Jun 2016

The 50 missed out nissan because someone refused to pay $4.10

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:38 am)biglugs@yahoo.com The 50 missed out nissan because someone refused to pay $4.10

Ridiculous. I mean you can't expect customers to carry their fare in another currency, can you?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:38 am)biglugs@yahoo.com The 50 missed out nissan because someone refused to pay $4.10

Roadworks around Nissan..... 

http://www.simplygo.com/news/partial-closure-of-a19-overbridge-on-downhill-lane-4-june

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 04 Jun 2016

I wonder if I chose to pay £2.50 instead of the usual fare between Newcastle and Rowlands Gill, whether the bus would omit Metrocentre just to teach me a lesson? That would show me.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Jun 2016

It's embarrassing enough taking photos of buses as it is at times without a load of teenagers shouting "they are taking photos etc." for everyone around Leeds Bus Station to hear.

(04 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm)Jimmi It's embarrassing enough taking photos of buses as it is at times without a load of teenagers shouting "they are taking photos etc." for everyone around Leeds Bus Station to hear.

I may be missing the point here, but why do you find it embarrassing taking photos? Or more so, if you find it embarrassing, then why do you do it? It's supposed to be a hobby.

I'd just ignore them if I were you, and just continue on with what you're doing.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:07 pm)Jimmi It's embarrassing enough taking photos of buses as it is at times without a load of teenagers shouting "they are taking photos etc." for everyone around Leeds Bus Station to hear.

Hah! We're thinking of going down to Leeds before the end of the month (Train to Leeds, Cityzap to York then train to Durham) Will have to brazen it out. Watch me petrify the sods Big Grin

It's easy in Edinburgh and York because everyone is walking with a camera in front of their face, sometimes even on a selfie stick!

(04 Jun 2016, 10:15 pm)BusLoverMum Hah! We're thinking of going down to Leeds before the end of the month (Train to Leeds, Cityzap to York then train to Durham) Will have to brazen it out. Watch me petrify the sods Big Grin

It's easy in Edinburgh and York because everyone is walking with a camera in front of their face, sometimes even on a selfie stick!

I'd recommend doing the train to Harrogate (change at York), and then do the 36 followed by Cityzap? The 36 is the better out of the two if I'm honest.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm)Adrian I may be missing the point here, but why do you find it embarrassing taking photos? Or more so, if you find it embarrassing, then why do you do it? It's supposed to be a hobby.

I'd just ignore them if I were you, and just continue on with what you're doing.
I don't mind normally, as I am just getting on with it without interpretation and not everyone will notice me taking photos, but when you've got loud teens shouting at you round a busy bus station, more people will draw their attentions to us and start to judge and start looking at you, especially as some of the clientele round Leeds Bus Station wasn't the best this afternoon. It feels as if them shouting is drawing an audience to us and I could see some of the judgmental faces from other people lingering round at the time.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:19 pm)Adrian I'd recommend doing the train to Harrogate (change at York), and then do the 36 followed by Cityzap? The 36 is the better out of the two if I'm honest.

That's for another time. Big'un wants a nosy at the big places, first (and flaming Carlisle, which I can't get enthused about - bus there, train back. Train costs a fortune unless you travel at a stupid time). I'd quite like to spend a couple of hours in Leeds and have lunch there before moving on. Though last time I was there, it was with Husband and friends, in Hogshead (see - long time ago) drinking our way through jugs of black Russians!

Also slightly scared that I'd bump into the ex outlaws in Harrogate, even if they're too old for that, now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm)Adrian I may be missing the point here, but why do you find it embarrassing taking photos? Or more so, if you find it embarrassing, then why do you do it? It's supposed to be a hobby.

It's easier said than done just to ignore people though as it can make you feel anxious if you have people staring at you or making snide comments as it can put you off and make you feel anxious. I do understand jimmis point and it's even worse when you see someone you know or your in a local area.

(04 Jun 2016, 10:24 pm)Jimmi I don't mind normally, as I am just getting on with it without interpretation and not everyone will notice me taking photos, but when you've got loud teens shouting at you round a busy bus station, more people will draw their attentions to us and start to judge and start looking at you, especially as some of the clientele round Leeds Bus Station wasn't the best this afternoon. It feels as if them shouting is drawing an audience to us and I could see some of the judgmental faces from other people lingering round at the time.

When you're standing with a big camera, people are well aware that you're taking photos. They will probably judge you regardless of kids verbally pointing it out, but the chances of them saying what they're thinking is slim. 

Although I appreciate that it's not very nice, I do think you may be reading too much into it, and I really don't think you need to. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 05 Jun 2016

The inability of some to acknowledge their mistakes. If one has supplied incorrect information then surely there's no shame in saying 'Sorry, I was wrong' especially if one seemingly takes great pleasure in pointing out the mistakes of others.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 07 Jun 2016

Left a few facebook groups because I'm sick of seeing stupid suggestions and pointless questions. I get enough of it at work, I don't want to have to see it everytime it pops up on my news feed on Facebook.