North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 4:20 pm)Malarkey I blame whoever passed it on the person who passed on to me first in the place.... cough.... cough.... inconsiderate arseholes....cough 

Must be all these Stagecoach buses you are travelling on... Riddled with all sorts!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Malarkey - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 4:32 pm)Dan Must be all these Stagecoach buses you are travelling on... Riddled with all sorts!!!

And Arriva, that turquoise/teal interior does make me feel ill like.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 28 Oct 2015

CBA to upload any more photos to Flickr, its just the same people faving and commenting on them. I'm getting an average of 1/2 when I used to have at least 6/7.

Followers have also plummeted, had 180 now I'm down to 171.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm)GX03 SVC CBA to upload any more photos to Flickr, its just the same people faving and commenting on them. I'm getting an average of 1/2 when I used to have at least 6/7.

It's often the way with favourites/comments on Flickr, often seems to go that way with a number of people on Flickr including myself, I have had times where I have felt the same. It is bad that you have lost 9 followers though. Might be an idea to maybe take a break from uploading to Flickr for a bit. Hope you don't completely stop uploading photos to Flickr.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 7:13 pm)Jimmi It's often the way with favourites/comments on Flickr, often seems to go that way with a number of people on Flickr including myself, I have had times where I have felt the same. It is bad that you have lost 9 followers though. Might be an idea to maybe take a break from uploading to Flickr for a bit. Hope you don't completely stop uploading photos to Flickr.

I don't know if its because I've posted 145 photos to Flickr this month and 75 last month. 

I'm just bored sick. I spent yesterday organising my timetables into numerical order (sad, I know) and spent today reading books.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 28 Oct 2015

When people think they are better than you at everything.... honestly grow up.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm)GX03 SVC CBA to upload any more photos to Flickr, its just the same people faving and commenting on them. I'm getting an average of 1/2 when I used to have at least 6/7.

I think I have asked this before (maybe not to you), but why the fascination with getting likes/faves and having followers?
It isn't me having a go at all. Just trying to understand why.

Is it like when people post something on twitter (for rt's) or on fb (for likes) and all of this 'like for a like', 'follow for a follow' stuff that goes on?
Genuinely don't get any of the politics or tactical uploading that goes on either.

I have given up looking at Flickr photos, mainly because there isn't much difference between accounts and it seems to be all about getting 'the photo', before anyone else does. As though it is a big competition, rather than people showing off their photographic talents.
Then, there is the guff that is often being published.
I haven't seen your photos at all, so can't comment and say whether yours are like that or not and if they're any different to other accounts.
Maybe I am missing out!

Not telling you what to do at all. Far from it, but if someone had photos which were unique, different and had something about them - chances are, I would look.
Maybe others would too... Maybe they would favourite, follow and do whatever else they do to photos at the same time!

If you enjoying taking your photos, keep doing it. Don't let other people spoil it.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 28 Oct 2015

Well, after three months, I have a working Laptop again.

The bad news, the situation is unchanged - all photos I took between 9th June and the 19th August are history. Nothing can be changed. Onwards and upwards

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 28 Oct 2015

(28 Oct 2015, 8:01 pm)Andreos1 I think I have asked this before (maybe not to you), but why the fascination with getting likes/faves and having followers?
It isn't me having a go at all. Just trying to understand why.

Is it like when people post something on twitter (for rt's) or on fb (for likes) and all of this 'like for a like', 'follow for a follow' stuff that goes on?
Genuinely don't get any of the politics or tactical uploading that goes on either.

I have given up looking at Flickr photos, mainly because there isn't much difference between accounts and it seems to be all about getting 'the photo', before anyone else does. As though it is a big competition, rather than people showing off their photographic talents.
Then, there is the guff that is often being published.
I haven't seen your photos at all, so can't comment and say whether yours are like that or not and if they're any different to other accounts.
Maybe I am missing out!

Not telling you what to do at all. Far from it, but if someone had photos which were unique, different and had something about them - chances are, I would look.
Maybe others would too... Maybe they would favourite, follow and do whatever else they do to photos at the same time!

If you enjoying taking your photos, keep doing it. Don't let other people spoil it.

Not sure about others, but I like to know that people are actually interested in viewing the photos because uploading to Flickr can be a real time consuming process depending on how you upload the photos, some just whack the photos up without adding info into the titles, description etc. whereas others do so that increases the amount of time to upload and then I crop the photos down before making them public, on Monday it took me around 90 minutes to get all 11 of them on view for the public. Since I upgraded to a "Pro" account I now know that I can get anything up to 4,500 views a day and I was quite happy knowing that as it was far better than I thought it would be and I am still fairly happy most days with the number of views. My favourites have improved recently so most days I am perfectly happy with what reaction my photos are now getting.

In regards to getting "the first photo" I do admit I like getting photos when changes do occur because more people will be interested than a month after its happened although I don't spend hours and hours waiting for something to turn up, I will normally hang around somewhere for a short while in the hope that thing will appear but if it doesn't, no big deal although when everyone just gets photos of whatever is new or intresting it does lose impact somewhat when you are seeing the same thing over and over again, often in the same areas each time. I also sometimes upload things that I think will be more popular with my followers, I often don't upload many Stagecoach photos as they aren't as popular as other things would be although other reasons for this is because I have little intrest in Stagecoach buses and services and I upload very little Stagecoach Enviro 400s after this happened: https://flic.kr/p/vYMSTJ. Try to get more scenic photos when possible although often find myself taking bus station and city/town centre shots frequently.

Think the whole popularity thing is also down to the social media revolution where many have to have loads of friends/likes on Facebook especially with the younger generation.

I try not to think about my views/favourites as it can totally take the fun out of photo taking.

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2015

Seeing my sister in hospital was upsetting...

To go from walking into Hospital on Monday she has now been asleep for nearly 2 days solid...

Docs reckon she may have contracted c diff, not sure what it is, but the little I do know of the symptoms, it may be humiliating on her part...

Thanks for the messages of support, I have needed to unload somewhere and here is a good a place as any

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 6:55 pm)MrFozz Seeing my sister in hospital was upsetting...

To go from walking into Hospital on Monday she has now been asleep for nearly 2 days solid...

Docs reckon she may have contracted    c diff, not sure what it is, but the little I do know of the symptoms, it may be humiliating on her part...

Thanks for the messages of support, I have needed to unload somewhere and here is a good a place as any

Oh. Not nice Sad

I hope she pulls round and responds to treatment, soon.

What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2015

Collapsed charity Kids Company given £46m in public cash

Excuse my language but that makes me fucking sick...

There are loads of charities who need funds, charities who know they may not exist tomorrow as funding may dry up, plenty of good causes who dont have a pot to piss in who need the funding, Charities that were lost, like the organistion I was involved with...

People may think I am still bitter after 5 years...Your god damn right, I am bitter, we were a worthwhile service, and it makes me sick that an organisation like Kids Company gets 46m when we would have been lucky to scrape up 46p...

I had no problem with Kids Company to be honest, I am sure there service users appreciated it, but other organisations will have suffered so Kids Company could have there multi millions

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum Oh. Not nice Sad

Thank you Michael...

Seeing her like that brought flashbacks and bad memories back for me when I was in Intensive Care when I was 15, although the circumstances were very different, I had taking an overdose and was completely unresponsive for 2 days wired up to god knows what...As I said it was different circumstances, but it somehow reminds of that [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

She has been out for 2 days now, she is not responding to us, but she is responding to Nurses i.e. when getting drips changed or other tests...

Naturally I am scared to death, and today I was pushed too far in letting my emotions get to me and had to walk out the Hospital as I could not stand seeing her like that any longer...

She is a fighter though, and I am fairly certain that, although she is asleep, she is fighting for her life and winning the fight...

She will probably be in till at least the middle of next week...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 7:32 pm)MrFozz Thank you Michael...

Seeing her like that brought flashbacks and bad memories back for me when I was in Intensive Care when I was 15, although the circumstances were very different, I had taking an overdose and was completely unresponsive for 2 days wired up to god knows what...As I said it was different circumstances, but it somehow reminds of that [LOUDLY CRYING FACE]

She has been out for 2 days now, she is not responding to us, but she is responding to Nurses i.e. when getting drips changed or other tests...

Naturally I am scared to death, and today I was pushed too far in letting my emotions get to me and had to walk out the Hospital as I could not stand seeing her like that any longer...

She is a fighter though, and I am fairly certain that, although she is asleep, she is fighting for her life and winning the fight...

She will probably be in till at least the middle of next week...

Wrong person Fozz Tongue

But i hope shes ok, shes in the best hands and the best place.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 7:21 pm)BusLoverMum Oh. Not nice Sad

Thank you, it means a lot to me...Although I got ya mixed up with Michael in my last post...Sorry [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
(29 Oct 2015, 7:33 pm)Michael Wrong person Fozz

But i hope shes ok, shes in the best hands and the best place.
Thanks mate

Mind is all over the place at the moment, I must have seen your name somewhere as I wrote out a reply lmao

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 7:37 pm)MrFozz Thank you, it means a lot to me...Although I got ya mixed up with Michael in my last post...Sorry [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Thanks mate

Mind is all over the place at the moment, I must have seen your name somewhere as I wrote out a reply lmao

No probs Fozz, it happens!

Ye but i hope she gets better, nothing worse than having someone you're close to in hospital.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 6:55 pm)MrFozz Seeing my sister in hospital was upsetting...

Docs reckon she may have contracted    c diff, not sure what it is, but the little I do know of the symptoms, it may be humiliating on her part...

Hope she does get well soon for your sake Fozz, hope she pulls round from treatment Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 29 Oct 2015

My phone is doing my head in. It constantly crashes, it usually says the Wifi has gone off when it hasn't, and then the spell check is a completely different story!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 11:03 pm)Davie My phone is doing my head in. It constantly crashes, it usually says the Wifi has gone off when it hasn't, and then the spell check is a completely different story!

The spellcheck on mine shuffles all the spelling options around just before i get to the one I want. It's quite something that I've not hurled it out of a bus window, yet. It does it with the numbers, too. Big'un laughs at my attempts to post an exclamation mark, as it keeps running away from me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Davie - 30 Oct 2015

(29 Oct 2015, 11:03 pm)Davie My phone is doing my head in. It constantly crashes, it usually says the Wifi has gone off when it hasn't, and then the spell check is a completely different story!
And now it won't charge!