North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 12:06 pm)BusLoverMum Power cut in boro. Not having the best day out. Sainsbury's is the only place left here that big'un eat anything from and we can't get in. Ravenous.
Could be worse, I was in Middlesbrough once when a power cut occurred which was in the middle of December on a wet evening queuing to get into a gig, was out in the wet and cold for about an hour and a half, we were starting to worry that the gig would be cancelled but the power eventually came back. Saw some poor member of staff still in USC after 11pm that night.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 12:20 pm)Jimmi Could be worse, I was in Middlesbrough once when a power cut occurred which was in the middle of December on a wet evening queuing to get into a gig, was out in the wet and cold for about an hour and a half, we were starting to worry that the gig would be cancelled but the power eventually came back. Saw some poor member of staff still in USC after 11pm that night.

Not fun.

The traffic lights must have gone down because we were stuck in a traffic jam for ages, on the way in. On a stuffy bus with a woman sat in front of me with pretty potent BO, too.

The bus station had also been evacuated as the outage had triggered the fire alarm.

People at getting all irate with drivers because their bus is a bit late or in the wrong stand.

What do they bloody expect?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - PO51WNF - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 3:57 pm)BusLoverMum People at getting all irate with drivers because their bus is a bit late or in the wrong stand.

What do they bloody expect?

Is that Durham by any chance?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 09 Jul 2016

Bored stiff, Uploaded this off the other day https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/28118280841/in/dateposted-public/

(09 Jul 2016, 4:02 pm)PO51WNF Is that Durham by any chance?

Aye. It's a bit nuts and I think a few people are "tired and emotional"

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 4:41 pm)South Tyne Lad Bored stiff, Uploaded this off the other day https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/28118280841/in/dateposted-public/

Well....you should not have got into trouble  Tongue

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 09 Jul 2016

Was there today for the miners gala, was hectic. Seriously do not like that bus station, too small for the number of passengers that use it especially on a weekend and like today with the Miners Gala being on. Luckily didn't have to wait long as X21 came in just as I got there.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm)citaro5284 Well....you should not have got into trouble  Tongue

Good Point haha Tongue

(09 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm)TEN 6083 Was there today for the miners gala, was hectic. Seriously do not like that bus station, too small for the number of passengers that use it especially on a weekend and like today with the Miners Gala being on. Luckily didn't have to wait long as X21 came in just as I got there.

Feel for those of us who have to use it all the time!

(09 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm)TEN 6083 Was there today for the miners gala, was hectic. Seriously do not like that bus station, too small for the number of passengers that use it especially on a weekend and like today with the Miners Gala being on. Luckily didn't have to wait long as X21 came in just as I got there.

Even on a normal weekday it gets overcrowded, both with people and vehicles. Not counting the park and ride, I've estimated there's about 75-80 buses an hour use the station and north road combined.

(09 Jul 2016, 5:12 pm)Jimmi Feel for those of us who have to use it all the time!

Could be worse, I suppose, like darlo or hexham!

What's annoying you today? V4 - TEN 6083 - 09 Jul 2016

Hexham is even worse, but at least a new station will be opening soon

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 09 Jul 2016

My camera has just died after 20 months of use and abuse.

(09 Jul 2016, 6:01 pm)Kuyoyo My camera has just died after 20 months of use and abuse.
What form of abuse? Although I have battered mine a fair few times when things have gone wrong, plus I gave it a shower in Manchester a few months back.

(09 Jul 2016, 6:07 pm)Jimmi What form of abuse? Although I have battered mine a fair few times when things have gone wrong, plus I gave it a shower in Manchester a few months back.

This is why big'un's is a shock proof jobby! And from John Lewis. Made good use of the 2 year warranty when it died on us, before Christmas. Took them a month to sort it, but they provided us with a shiny new one, of the newer version of it, in the end.

He might get a better one when he can not kill this one. This one takes OK pictures for what it is, but they're only about phone quality.

(09 Jul 2016, 5:42 pm)BusLoverMum Could be worse, I suppose, like darlo or hexham!

Oh, don't even go there! I could go on all day about that place, I've made my views on the matter on this forum pretty clear in the past so I'll refrain from repeating myself especially following Thursdays incident.

(09 Jul 2016, 5:53 pm)TEN 6083 Hexham is even worse, but at least a new station will be opening soon

Must admit I am not a big fan of Hexham Bus Station due to the lack of space for pedestrians to move about on the stands.

(09 Jul 2016, 6:14 pm)Jimmi Oh, don't even go there! I could go on all day about that place, I've made my views on the matter on this forum pretty clear in the past so I'll refrain from repeating myself especially following Thursdays incident.

Must admit I am not a big fan of Hexham Bus Station due to the lack of space for pedestrians to move about on the stands.

I suspect our views are the same. Big'un's too big to have his hand held, these days, but I do around there because there's such a lot to have to pay attention to. (And North road in Durham isn't any better than that particular bit - there's been a few accidents there, over the years)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Kuyoyo - 09 Jul 2016

(09 Jul 2016, 6:07 pm)Jimmi What form of abuse? Although I have battered mine a fair few times when things have gone wrong, plus I gave it a shower in Manchester a few months back.

Well, it did tumble to the floor while I was running down Yarm High Street a month or two ago. This one has surprising not died in the same way previous ones have:
First one is still alive after nearly 8 years, now belongs to my sister
Second one died after falling to the floor on North Road in Durham when I was putting it in its case
Third one went away for repairs after six weeks, before finally committing 'camera side' in Middlesbrough by slipping from my hand
Fourth one got soaked during the 'Zone' Enviro300 launch
And this one, the lense hasn't retracted properly

(09 Jul 2016, 6:17 pm)BusLoverMum I suspect our views are the same. Big'un's too big to have his hand held, these days, but I do around there because there's such a lot to have to pay attention to. (And North road in Durham isn't any better than that particular bit - there's been a few accidents there, over the years)
I do have safety concerns but the thing that really irritates me is queuing for buses as people frequently queue badly, in the wrong places, leave gaps allowing people to queue jump and I REALLY HATE anyone who allows people to get on in front of them who haven't queued whilst those of who have queued ending up getting on the bus behind them which has resulted in me getting crap seats or standing and it's never one elderly person they do it for, it's always someone allowing about 10 college students on who all have to sit in 10 different places. I have been in numerous arguments with people in regards to queue jumping, some I have deserved to get but if you have been to Darlington getting on at some of the stands is a case of everyman for himself and I haven't got time for people dithering on when my bus comes, especially when I have loads of people behind me surging to get onto the same bus.