North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 23 Jul 2016

The absolute chaos in Seaburn earlier, things went no where near as smoothly as last year. The rear destinations on the A1 and A2 displaying 'AIR' caused some massive problems, despite the different stopping locations.

There was a large group of roughly 20 people came running off the Vyking on the A1 and onto the A2 at one point.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 24 Jul 2016

(23 Jul 2016, 8:35 pm)Jimmi There is a good few pokestops in Darlington Town Centre. I'm gonna have to go back now I have a better idea what I'm doing, might have a wander round Durham on Monday morning before heading up to Newcastle. At least I have the alternative of the train to Darlington and thanks to the event at Shildon Locomotion I have a service every hour instead of every 2 hours for the next week.

Have booked train tickets for wed. Might tempt big'un back into his abandoned email with the news.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 24 Jul 2016

(23 Jul 2016, 11:43 pm)LeeCalder The absolute chaos in Seaburn earlier, things went no where near as smoothly as last year. The rear destinations on the A1 and A2 displaying 'AIR' caused some massive problems, despite the different stopping locations.

There was a large group of roughly 20 people came running off the Vyking on the A1 and onto the A2 at one point.

The rear destinations on the Volvo B7s show 'AIR' as the switch setting on these displays are set to 'F' which automatically picks up which destination code has been entered by the driver (as opposed to looking at what has been manually programmed). This has always been the case.

To allow destinations to be changed more quickly, making the process more efficient, it was requested that the A1 and A2 fell under the same code (AIR) as the normal Park and Ride services.

I fail to see how this would have caused massive issues, when the buses are all packed together and the main focus is the front destination. Not forgetting how many supervisors Go North East had on hand to help passengers (some of whom were present for over 12 hours)... It's a difficult weekend and it's never going to be one which runs without a few hiccups.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 24 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 12:27 am)Dan The rear destinations on the Volvo B7s show 'AIR' as the switch setting on these displays are set to 'F' which automatically picks up which destination code has been entered by the driver (as opposed to looking at what has been manually programmed). This has always been the case.

To allow destinations to be changed more quickly, making the process more efficient, it was requested that the A1 and A2 fell under the same code (AIR) as the normal Park and Ride services.

I fail to see how this would have caused massive issues, when the buses are all packed together and the main focus is the front destination. Not forgetting how many supervisors Go North East had on hand to help passengers (some of whom were present for over 12 hours)... It's a difficult weekend and it's never going to be one which runs without a few hiccups.

Because the queues were all the way around the corner, due to the lack of buses at the end of the Airshow, which meant that people were staring at the rear of the bus....

There were four GNE members of staff on hand, two were directing buses whilst the other two were talking to drivers.

Which left security to deal with issues, which I'm guessing is what caused the problems.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - S813 FVK - 24 Jul 2016

Even then, they would still get to a point where they could see the side destination of the bus which would have said what service the bus was operating.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 24 Jul 2016

Side destinations wouldn't have been clearly visible. At its peak, there were hundreds of people crowded around the buses, the setup saw passengers queueing from the rear of the bus.

There were temporary stand signs on display, about the height of the temporary Nexus signs, with route number and destination, but these also became useless when most buses were forced to use different stands to keep people moving.

Airshow staff had large handheld signs with "End of Q" written on them. End of "Q" for what? If these signs could be adapted to show the route number of the bus in the stand that would be an improvement.

Go North East did a fantastic job at the Park and Rides. However, the A* services could see some improvement, the A2 saw large queues and the poor frequency saw people waiting for upto half an hour.

Stagecoach ran the 510 rather well until the end, the use of single deck gas buses wasn't suitable. The Tridents were leaving full and standing and there were regularly large gaps in service, presumably due to Airshow traffic. I think Stagecoach would have been getting their usual customers, along with the users of multi-operator tickets who would have been unable to use the GNE shuttles.

I didn't use the shuttles to get back into Sunderland, as I really didn't want to queue. I also gather that queues for Metro were over 30 minutes long and the queue for that extended down to the bottom of a residential street. When I used Metro the trains were running very frequently, the 'Sunderland' trains were running dead quiet.

That's my views on the Airshow transport anyway. I think that the best possible service was offered, but the traffic and the bus stopping arrangements, and the large amount of people leaving after the Red Arrows affected the service. Had the Red Arrows been one of the first few displays then I'd think that the services would have handled the loadings better, as more people would be staying behind longer for the rest of the Airshow.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to get my views across Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 24 Jul 2016

The programmes lady that was next to the pr2 bus stop at seaburn only sold 2 boxes and she says she 6 boxes last year and they were £5 and this year they were £3.
She left me in charge of selling these for a near 5 minutes whilst she went to inquire about how "apparently " a stuart was very racist to a car driver
The programme lady didn't make much which is a shame becausev the programme is the same price as the big issue to which i know 2 of,the lady outside Wilkinsons and the family one in haymarket he always says"big issue please" very funny

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - South Tyne Lad - 24 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 9:59 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com The programmes lady that was next to the pr2 bus stop at seaburn only sold 2 boxes and she says she 6 boxes last year and they were £5 and this year they were £3.
She left me in charge of selling these for a near 5 minutes whilst she went to inquire about how "apparently " a stuart was very racist to a car driver
The programme lady didn't make much which is a shame becausev the programme is the same price as the big issue to which i know 2 of,the lady outside Wilkinsons and the family one in haymarket he always says"big issue please" very funny

I know the Big Issue man very well at Haymarket, Almost scares the hell out of people he wants to sell his magazines too.
Seems a canny bloke though, Always gives me a smile as I pass through Big Grin

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 24 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm)South Tyne Lad I know the Big Issue man very well at Haymarket, Almost scares the hell out of people he wants to sell his magazines too.
Seems a canny bloke though, Always gives me a smile as I pass through  Big Grin

He must be property of arriva.
Atleast hes not a rare and odd worker

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 25 Jul 2016

Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub

There are conflicting reports of casualties at the club, with one witness being reported as saying that 30 shots were fired.

http://news.sky.com/story/mass-shooting-in-florida-nightclub-report-10511953

---------------------

'Suicide Bomber' Injures 12 Outside German Bar

Three people have been seriously injured after a man carrying a backpack "deliberately" detonated a device in a city centre.

http://news.sky.com/story/suicide-bomber-injures-12-outside-german-bar-10511772

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 9:13 am)Michael Mass Shooting In Florida Nightclub

There are conflicting reports of casualties at the club, with one witness being reported as saying that 30 shots were fired.

http://news.sky.com/story/mass-shooting-in-florida-nightclub-report-10511953

---------------------

'Suicide Bomber' Injures 12 Outside German Bar

Three people have been seriously injured after a man carrying a backpack "deliberately" detonated a device in a city centre.

http://news.sky.com/story/suicide-bomber-injures-12-outside-german-bar-10511772
The worlds gone mad [CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Jul 2016

Stagecoach service 6 has disappeared off the face of the earth. That's putting me well behind time. Now probably won't get home until 9pm. Peed right off now

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm)Jimmi Stagecoach service 6 has disappeared off the face of the earth. That's putting me well behind time. Now probably won't get home until 9pm. Peed right off now

The Newcastle one?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 2:19 pm)NK53 TKT The Newcastle one?
The one from the MetroCentre.

My latest irritant was figuring out which platform to get the Metro from Whitley Bay to North Shields, if like me you are nervous and have limited experience of the Metro, it's awful, mind it doesn't help that the screens on platform 2 are too busy informing us of the line closure. As such I've been freaking out. I hope to dear God I'm getting on the right one.

EDIT: phew! I'm heading in the right direction.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 25 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 9:59 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com She left me in charge of selling these for a near 5 minutes whilst she went to inquire about how "apparently " a stuart was very racist to a car driver

A Stuart?? - Eighteenth century royalty seems a bit out of place in the twenty-first century. No excuse for racism though.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 25 Jul 2016

The bloke driving 3965. Never known such a jerky nervous driver. Seems to have zero awareness of what's going on around him.

Actually feeling a lil uncomfortable on the bus

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 3:39 pm)MurdnunoC A Stuart?? - Eighteenth century royalty seems a bit out of place in the twenty-first century. No excuse for racism though.

I no just because hes employed doesn't allow him to take advantage of the job

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 25 Jul 2016

Can the annoying family on this 7 go away!!! They are doing nothing at all to keep their dog off me and most of them are sat upstairs but some are sat downstairs and they are shouting between each other. Seriously man!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 25 Jul 2016

(24 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm)South Tyne Lad I know the Big Issue man very well at Haymarket, Almost scares the hell out of people he wants to sell his magazines too.
Seems a canny bloke though, Always gives me a smile as I pass through  Big Grin
Poor guy seems to get a lot of abuse. I was ready to thump a couple of young guys for pestering him and shouting in his face, last year.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 25 Jul 2016

(25 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm)BusLoverMum Poor guy seems to get a lot of abuse. I was ready to thump a couple of young guys for pestering him and shouting in his face, last year.

The one in Sunderland is very nice shes actually asked dave the rave to buy one Big Grin
Guess sunderland gets there clowns and not me this time on a clowns bike Big Grin