North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 09 Aug 2016

(09 Aug 2016, 7:15 am)GuyParkRoyal A B7 President on the Angel is a disappointment when customers are expecting WiFi. I have no issue with Presidents on the 21 as they seem to keep on time and comfort is OK. However it would be a good idea to fit Wifi to a few of the Chester le Street based Presidents to meet customers reasonable expectations.

I do think it's a problem when advertised premium features are unavailable due to allocation, so I'd hope people would continue to report them to the customer services team, and hopefully ensure that poor allocations can be kept to an absolute minimum.

I was scanning through our GNE fleet list not so long ago, and I'd reckon it must be close to every other bus in the fleet having WiFi now. That's some achievement mind, given that it's all free at the point of use.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 09 Aug 2016

(09 Aug 2016, 9:08 pm)Adrian I do think it's a problem when advertised premium features are unavailable due to allocation, so I'd hope people would continue to report them to the customer services team, and hopefully ensure that poor allocations can be kept to an absolute minimum.

I was scanning through our GNE fleet list not so long ago, and I'd reckon it must be close to every other bus in the fleet having WiFi now. That's some achievement mind, given that it's all free at the point of use.

But we all know the PVR of the Angel is quite tight and the Hybrids seem to be off the road a bit so it's pointless raising it.

Hopefully a new vehicle order will sort this at some point

Unless GNE want a max style guarantee then I'll coin it In off GNE  Big Grin

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 Aug 2016

Can the driver on this 5 PLEASE do more than about 30mph on a road with the National Speed Limit of 60/70mph!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 10 Aug 2016

(10 Aug 2016, 3:36 pm)Jimmi Can the driver on this 5 PLEASE do more than about 30mph on a road with the National Speed Limit of 60/70mph!
It's a limit, not a target [WINKING FACE]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 10 Aug 2016

Looked at the SNE part of the forum, and it's the same people always asking the same moronic questions, even though they've been told they've to wait and see.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 10 Aug 2016

(10 Aug 2016, 4:35 pm)GMitchelhill Looked at the SNE part of the forum, and it's the same people always asking the same moronic questions, even though they've been told they've to wait and see.

Are Stockton getting E400's?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 10 Aug 2016

.png
angryderpo.png
Size 165.91 KB / Downloads 9

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 10 Aug 2016

Ordered my network one renewal on Friday through simplygo.com

Still hasn't turned up and GNE are hiding behind the postal system. Appalling customer service.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 10 Aug 2016

(10 Aug 2016, 3:38 pm)Jamie M It's a limit, not a target [WINKING FACE]

May I ask if you drive or not?

The chair I use in my bedroom for my PC etc has suddenly stopped reclining back for some reason. Deeing me head in as I can't watch telly properly from my usual spot! #firstworldproblems

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Aug 2016

It's cost me just over £25 to change the date for my trip to Edinburgh from September 10th to October 29th - which is more than I originally paid to travel for!  Dodgy

It seemingly would only let me change the journey to and from Edinburgh individually, so that was £10 each way plus I had to get a new ticket for the journey home as there isn't a journey for the time I originally picked, plus I have had to pay twice to get the tickets sent to home. Did this through Virgin Trains East Coast website.

Please tell me I've done this right otherwise I'm going to go ape. Dodgy

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 11 Aug 2016

(11 Aug 2016, 6:54 pm)Jimmi It's cost me just over £25 to change the date for my trip to Edinburgh from September 10th to October 29th - which is more than I originally paid to travel for!  Dodgy

It seemingly would only let me change the journey to and from Edinburgh individually, so that was £10 each way plus I had to get a new ticket for the journey home as there isn't a journey for the time I originally picked, plus I have had to pay twice to get the tickets sent to home. Did this through Virgin Trains East Coast website.

No idea how the cancellation process works, as I have been fortunate enough to have never needed to do it.

Always print tickets or collect at station though. Saves quite a bit of money!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 11 Aug 2016

I would advice against ever cancelling advanced tickets. The £10 admin fee has been around for as long as I can remember, and always do TOD, that way you save money on postage.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 11 Aug 2016

(11 Aug 2016, 6:54 pm)Jimmi It's cost me just over £25 to change the date for my trip to Edinburgh from September 10th to October 29th - which is more than I originally paid to travel for!  Dodgy

Yeah that's right Jimmi. It's a £10 fee for amending dates. You probably wouldn't have been far off just buying a new set and selling the others - I certainly wouldn't mind a set of tickets to Edinburgh for (reasonably) cheap!

Why did you get the tickets sent to your home address rather than picking up at a TVM?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Aug 2016

(11 Aug 2016, 7:02 pm)northern156 Yeah that's right Jimmi. It's a £10 fee for amending dates. You probably wouldn't have been far off just buying a new set and selling the others - I certainly wouldn't mind a set of tickets to Edinburgh for (reasonably) cheap!

Why did you get the tickets sent to your home address rather than picking up at a TVM?

Oh right, wasn't certain if I had done it right. At least now I will get to see what VTEC First Class is like as it was about 15p cheaper than standard for my new journey home.

It didn't give me the option to pick the new tickets up at the ticket machines, so I was pretty much left with self-print (which I can't do) or get them sent to my home address, normally I always choose to get tickets from the station.

My original tickets wouldn't have been much use to anyone on here, as I start from Darlington but the bigger problem being me having a Railcard.

Matthew's top tip, always ensure the dates for anything you have planned are correct to avoid ending up in a situation of double booking yourself and having to fork out more money to fix your cock-up!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - northern156 - 11 Aug 2016

(11 Aug 2016, 7:11 pm)Jimmi Oh right, wasn't certain if I had done it right. At least now I will get to see what VTEC First Class is like as it was about 15p cheaper than standard for my new journey home.

It didn't give me the option to pick the new tickets up at the ticket machines, so I was pretty much left with self-print (which I can't do) or get them sent to my home address, normally I always choose to get tickets from the station.

My original tickets wouldn't have been much use to anyone on here, as I start from Darlington but the bigger problem being me having a Railcard.

Matthew's top tip, always ensure the dates for anything you have planned are correct to avoid ending up in a situation of double booking yourself and having to fork out more money to fix your cock-up!

You'll be impressed with First - our good friend citaro5284 will no doubt be along shortly! Wink

Fair enough then if it didn't give you the option to print at station.

Trust me I would've made good use! I have a YP railcard too...

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 14 Aug 2016

The tour I'm currently on from the Shildon Rally was a lot longer than I thought, so as this was my idea, I am now responsible for someone missing their train home. Great...

Really could do without the guilt from this right now.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 14 Aug 2016

(14 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm)Jimmi The tour I'm currently on from the Shildon Rally was a lot longer than I thought, so as this was my idea, I am now responsible for someone missing their train home. Great...

Really could do without the guilt from this right now.

Did they not ask how long the tour would be before going?

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Aug 2016

Would be nice if I could safely depart my bus, instead of having to attempt to move round some woman's legs in the aisle, difficult enough getting downstairs on a moving E400 on the 7 as it is without throwing obstacles into the mix. Gave me a look like I just slapped her in the face with a wet fish, although looking at her she probably always looks like that. I returned the look of disgust.

...and you wonder why I am always so wound up!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 15 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 3:15 pm)Jimmi Would be nice if I could safely depart my bus, instead of having to attempt to move round some woman's legs in the aisle, difficult enough getting downstairs on a moving E400 on the 7 as it is without throwing obstacles into the mix. Gave me a look like I just slapped her in the face with a wet fish, although looking at her she probably always looks like that. I returned the look of disgust.

...and you wonder why I am always so wound up!

(Woman's voice) Please remain seated until the bus has stopped.......

Na, only joking. I hate it when people do that. It's like the X12 I'm currently on, the bus is heaving, yet people still place their bags on the seats so people can't sit down!

(Woman's voice again) And exit viarrr the centre doors.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 3:33 pm)LeeCalder (Woman's voice) Please remain seated until the bus has stopped.......

Na, only joking. I hate it when people do that. It's like the X12 I'm currently on, the bus is heaving, yet people still place their bags on the seats so people can't sit down!

(Woman's voice again) And exit viarrr the centre doors.

Oh, don't! Got on the X21 one evening last week at Newgate Street and just about everyone upstairs had their legs across both seats and I had to find someone to sit next to, in the end I had to sit next to some old bloke with me being half on/half off the seat with my leg in the aisle (thankfully no-one behind me wanted to be off at Gateshead Interchange) then with more people boarding at Gateshead Interchange, the legs remained on both seats, someone sat on the opposite side to me and had to do the same as me, so both of our knees were practically touching each other. Fair few got off at Low Fell, so I ended up moving to a backwards table seat for the remainder of the journey. Typical that the extra journey 15 minutes in front which was a Solar had next to no-one on it!