North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 26 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 4:07 pm)Dan I find it's down to the driver, rather than the company. I've experienced many 'overly cautious' drivers who work for Arriva, at Belmont Depot. From the outside looking in, it seems to be a bit of a culture issue.

Even on the Durham Road corridor, you'll find a lot of Arriva drivers on the X12 will happily sit back and get later and later, taking their time and letting the Angel pick up all of the passengers. It's bizarre.

I've heard training drivers tell route learners on the X12 to stay behind the 21. I tend to catch the X12 that gets into Newcastle around 7.30am, they get a break on arrival and tend to floor it to get in.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 27 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 7:10 pm)Ambassador I've heard training drivers tell route learners on the X12 to stay behind the 21. I tend to catch the X12 that gets into Newcastle around 7.30am, they get a break on arrival and tend to floor it to get in.

It makes you wonder why? It's a corridor with competition, and surely the aim should be to 'win' Go North East's customers. What is the point otherwise?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 27 Aug 2016

(27 Aug 2016, 8:40 am)Adrian It makes you wonder why? It's a corridor with competition, and surely the aim should be to 'win' Go North East's customers. What is the point otherwise?
It's a few hours out, away from the hustle and bustle of Durham (or Stockton) and away from prying eyes.

Not justifying what ambassador has heard/witnessed at all like.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 27 Aug 2016

(27 Aug 2016, 8:40 am)Adrian It makes you wonder why? It's a corridor with competition, and surely the aim should be to 'win' Go North East's customers. What is the point otherwise?

Id guess they don't want to compete on that corridor, and the X12 money is further up its route.

I'd guess a quick run from Birtley to Newcastle can help make up time too, once it passes the Cannon, driver is free so to speak

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - L469 YVK - 27 Aug 2016

GNE have done a better job running the 309 today compared to getting a pint at Nine Bar! Grrrrrrr

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 27 Aug 2016

The 309 were apparently 2 hours late then on coast road a tiny solo 2834 was already packed takes atleast 20 passengers then 2 cobalts go by nis people ended up getting 38 to Newcastle from a few stops along the road.
Then not my annoyance but 3822 arriver on the 6 and refused a unfold able pram she said its the 21st century and she starts swearing but she decided to just wait

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - GuyParkRoyal - 28 Aug 2016

(27 Aug 2016, 3:50 pm)L469 YVK GNE have done a better job running the 309 today compared to getting a pint at Nine Bar! Grrrrrrr

Never been to Nine Bar but I doubt they would take in excess of an hour and a half to serve a pint.
I waited an hour and a half at Blyth for a 309 and after seeing at least four Arriva 308's in that time I gave up on GNE and incurred extra cost by taking the 308.
Well done to the two Arriva supervisor's at Blyth who were running round that small bus station having to swap buses and drivers to keep a service going. As buses were coming in they were even taking the buses from the incoming driver setting the destination moving the bus to allocated stand then finding a driver.

Go North East's efforts on the 309 was a disgrace (even making allowances for the traffic). Go North East seemed to put all their efforts into Tall Ships Park & Ride to the detriment of their normal services. Park & Ride had an army of supervision and customer service staff and even their recovery truck on standby but they could not get a 309 to Blyth for over an hour and a half.

I think I will try Nine Bar to see if it is as bad as the GNE 309.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Aug 2016

Went to buy a bottle of water in Tesco Express in Durham, paid it and took the receipt, forgot the bloody bottle though! That's 53p down the drain. Generally concerned about my state of mind as these sorts of occurrences are becoming more common.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - biglugs@yahoo.com - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 8:37 am)Jimmi Went to buy a bottle of water in Tesco Express in Durham, paid it and took the receipt, forgot the bloody bottle though! That's 53p down the drain. Generally concerned about my state of mind as these sorts of occurrences are becoming more common.

I bet you wouldn't leave 2 weeks worth of shopping behind Wink

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 8:44 am)biglugs@yahoo.com I bet you wouldn't leave 2 weeks worth of shopping behind Wink
Trust me, I'd find a way...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 29 Aug 2016

(28 Aug 2016, 8:43 am)GuyParkRoyal Go North East's efforts on the 309 was a disgrace (even making allowances for the traffic). Go North East seemed to put all their efforts into Tall Ships Park & Ride to the detriment of their normal services. Park & Ride had an army of supervision and customer service staff and even their recovery truck on standby but they could not get a 309 to Blyth for over an hour and a half.

I think I will try Nine Bar to see if it is as bad as the GNE 309.

As someone who was supervising the Tall Ships event yesterday for 16 hours, I can only say that Go North East did the best they possibly could (for both ensuring service 309 was operating well and making sure the Park & Ride services operated smoothly too).

What you also have to remember is that Go North East would have been contracted to provide a certain number of supervisors for the Tall Ships event. It's difficult to therefore compare the level of supervision for this event and their normal commercial service which operates to Blyth - but Go North East did go above and beyond to provide extra supervisors at this event, on top of those contracted, to monitor service 309 'on the road', so to speak.

Arriva were always going to be in the better position to ensure there was an even headway on services departing Blyth, given the depot's close proximity to the bus station. It would be a lot more difficult for Go North East to do this - but what intending passengers don't see is the work going on behind the scenes in the Service Delivery Centre to run a good service.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 8:37 am)Jimmi Went to buy a bottle of water in Tesco Express in Durham, paid it and took the receipt, forgot the bloody bottle though! That's 53p down the drain. Generally concerned about my state of mind as these sorts of occurrences are becoming more common.

Welcome to the club!

(29 Aug 2016, 9:11 am)Michael Welcome to the club!
Good, so it's not just me then?

My cock-up is really causing me problems now, on a incredibly warm full 20 to Sunderland. The joy...

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MurdnunoC - 29 Aug 2016

Bloody pedestrians getting in the way of me cycling in Seaburn.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Dan - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 10:50 am)MurdnunoC Bloody pedestrians getting in the way of me cycling in Seaburn.

Jimmi didn't take too long to get to Seaburn from Darlington!  Big Grin

(29 Aug 2016, 10:50 am)MurdnunoC Bloody pedestrians getting in the way of me cycling in Seaburn.
Not that muppet in a Catfish and the Bottlemen T-shirt was it? He's a right moron.
(29 Aug 2016, 10:56 am)Dan Jimmi didn't take too long to get to Seaburn from Darlington!  Big Grin
Didn't take long... Take even longer if I went from Darlington as well!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Aug 2016

(26 Aug 2016, 4:07 pm)Dan I find it's down to the driver, rather than the company. I've experienced many 'overly cautious' drivers who work for Arriva, at Belmont Depot. From the outside looking in, it seems to be a bit of a culture issue.

Even on the Durham Road corridor, you'll find a lot of Arriva drivers on the X12 will happily sit back and get later and later, taking their time and letting the Angel pick up all of the passengers. It's bizarre.

There's one particular driver who is always late, even with no good reason to be. I encountered one who was already running late who found something to faff with every time he stopped to pick up passengers. Definitely annoying if you're hoping to connect with something else.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 9:25 am)Jimmi Good, so it's not just me then?

My cock-up is really causing me problems now, on a incredibly warm full 20 to Sunderland. The joy...

The 22 was no better and we were at the back with the windows shut.

Hopd to get the 20 back, this afternoon, but it was standing room only. I would have walked up from the ground and caught it from there but when an E2 arrived, we didn't turn it down as we were so hot.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 5:28 pm)BusLoverMum There's one particular driver who is always late, even with no good reason to be. I encountered one who was already running late who found something to faff with every time he stopped to pick up passengers. Definitely annoying if you're hoping to connect with something else.

There is nothing worse......and every depot have them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Aug 2016

Kids, ya cant beat them...Its a shame [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

My kid...

Went to see Darlo today...thats all good...we won 3-2...

We go for something to eat in Manchester after the game, when we are about to leave Mrs F asks 'does anyone need the toilet' Me and the little'un say no...

Within 2 minutes we are back at the car, the bairn decides she wanted a wee, despite being desperate apparantly, our lass tells her quite comically 'drop your knickers here' quite rightly the bairn would not squat in the car park...

She could not have been that desperate as she managed to wait till we got back to Wetherby...

Also annoying is listening to Megan Trainor - ba ba bass(as the little'un calls it) and The Cookie Monster signing C is for Cookie(which is so annoying it makes me laugh)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk