North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 29 Aug 2016

Oh aye...

I found out my ex described me as a full-kit wanker

So, I like wearing footy tops anyway other than football grounds...Who gives a smeg

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 29 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm)MrFozz Oh aye...

I found out my ex described me as a full-kit wanker

So, I like wearing footy tops anyway other than football grounds...Who gives a smeg

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Don't think she gets the meaning of full kit anchor. Basically one of them is someone who is not a child decked out in the full kit of their favourite team, that is shirt, socks and shorts. People wearing football shirts is acceptable in society.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MrFozz - 30 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 11:32 pm)GMitchelhill Don't think she gets the meaning of full kit anchor. Basically one of them is someone who is not a child decked out in the full kit of their favourite team, that is shirt, socks and shorts. People wearing football shirts is acceptable in society.
Just made me laugh...

The woman is a fooking idiot...

She is most likely referring to the time I tured up at a Darlo game in Top and Shorts...All because I ripped the crotch in my jeans and bought the shorts to go with the top 😀

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 30 Aug 2016

My intended outing today has been a complete disaster. Just about every bus I traveled on was late. Missed nearly all of of my connections.

I intended to try Hexham, Acomb, Allendale, Haltwhistle and Alston. Made it as far as Acomb.

Not impressed with GNE's Tynedale Links at all. I have given up and have now returned home.

Charles

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Brian13 - 30 Aug 2016

Stagecoach having their heating on full belt on all most all of their E300s

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 Aug 2016

The ink on my GNE week ticket that I bought yesterday is fading...
May aswell have just flushed 20£ down the toilet. The unique ID is valid, drivers are accepting it with a picture on my phone but support say otherwise.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 30 Aug 2016

(30 Aug 2016, 5:29 pm)Jamie M The ink on my GNE week ticket that I bought yesterday is fading...
May aswell have just flushed 20£ down the toilet. The unique ID is valid, drivers are accepting it with a picture on my phone but support say otherwise.

Contact Customer Services... when I've had that problem in the past, they've always replaced it for me.

A lot of it comes down to how you're storing your ticket though. Tickets don't use conventional paper/ink.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 30 Aug 2016

(30 Aug 2016, 5:52 pm)Adrian Contact Customer Services... when I've had that problem in the past, they've always replaced it for me.

A lot of it comes down to how you're storing your ticket though. Tickets don't use conventional paper/ink.

Nope, they refused and said it has never happened before.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Aug 2016

(30 Aug 2016, 3:05 pm)Charles41 My intended outing today has been a complete disaster. Just about every bus I traveled on was late. Missed nearly all of of my connections.

I intended to try Hexham, Acomb, Allendale, Haltwhistle and Alston. Made it as far as Acomb.

Not impressed with GNE's Tynedale Links at all. I have given up and have now returned home.

Charles

Having a Jimmi day?

Our local arriva bus has been sh........ocking since it reverted to normal allocation, last week.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 30 Aug 2016

My hip - effing gave out this evening and effing hurts so effing much. I can barely walk on it, even with my effing stick for support Sad

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 31 Aug 2016

WiFi on GNE 6302.

One minute it will allow me to use it, the next it won't and has now decided to allow me to again, make up your bloody mind as to whether I can use it or not! Not even getting a message to say I've exceed data limit or owt, it just stops working.

EDIT: not working again!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 31 Aug 2016

Just bought a new GNE week ticket. Apparently GNE issues thousands of them every week, yet the drivers don't even seem to recognise them.

Also Jimmi, I spoke to Dan who said it's an issue with both Arriva and GNE's wifi. Was having similar issues on B9s.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 31 Aug 2016

(30 Aug 2016, 5:29 pm)Jamie M The ink on my GNE week ticket that I bought yesterday is fading...

I bought an Explorer off a GNE bus last month, and the only way to tell that it was an Explorer was the price and that it had "Ad Ex er" printed on it. Nee chance of getting the date from it though. I'd rather pay £1 for a child fare to where I want to be than buy a £9.70 ticket off them.

I never have the problem with Stagecoach tickets though, despite them being the same type of ticket and machine!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 31 Aug 2016

(31 Aug 2016, 2:11 pm)GX03 SVC I bought an Explorer off a GNE bus last month, and the only way to tell that it was an Explorer was the price and that it had "Ad Ex er" printed on it. Nee chance of getting the date from it though. I'd rather pay £1 for a child fare to where I want to be than buy a £9.70 ticket off them.

I never have the problem with Stagecoach tickets though, despite them being the same type of ticket and machine!

If you use Stagecoach a lot you will find that it does happen so it isn't just GNE... I've had it happen plenty of times but the ticket is still normally accepted

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 31 Aug 2016

I need to keep tickets for expenses. 
Unless they're totally protected from the faintest glimmer of sunlight, they're worthless pieces of paper. The ticket information fades straight away.

There's no way at all a tax inspector or accountant would accept them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 01 Sep 2016

(31 Aug 2016, 3:21 pm)Tom If you use Stagecoach a lot you will find that it does happen so it isn't just GNE... I've had it happen plenty of times but the ticket is still normally accepted

I used Stagecoach every day for about a week last year, and the tickets were printed in a better condition than GNE. The ink lasted about 2 months, whereas one of my GNE Buzzfares lasted a few days.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 9:16 am)GX03 SVC I used Stagecoach every day for about a week last year, and the tickets were printed in a better condition than GNE. The ink lasted about 2 months, whereas one of my GNE Buzzfares lasted a few days.

It is not ink, its a thermal printer.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Sep 2016

(31 Aug 2016, 4:24 pm)Andreos1 I need to keep tickets for expenses. 
Unless they're totally protected from the faintest glimmer of sunlight, they're worthless pieces of paper. The ticket information fades straight away.

There's no way at all a tax inspector or accountant would accept them.

Scanning or photocopying them should be fine? I need to keep some of mine for the same reason, and they're acceptable like that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm)Adrian Scanning or photocopying them should be fine? I need to keep some of mine for the same reason, and they're acceptable like that.
My picture of my week ticket wasn't valid for travel for some reason. Drivers still let me on, but I feel my luck would run out with lenient drivers.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 3:45 pm)Adrian Scanning or photocopying them should be fine? I need to keep some of mine for the same reason, and they're acceptable like that.

It was only recently I found out that HMRC would accept copies.
I was under the impression for a long time, that it was originals only.