North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 4:06 pm)Jamie M My picture of my week ticket wasn't valid for travel for some reason. Drivers still let me on, but I feel my luck would run out with lenient drivers.

I was referring to the need to keep records for aaccounting purposes.

I am surprised if GNE will not replace your ticket, if it's in a condition that is resulting in you not being allowed travel.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 4:12 pm)Adrian I was referring to the need to keep records for aaccounting purposes.

I am surprised if GNE will not replace your ticket, if it's in a condition that is resulting in you not being allowed travel.
Had to buy a new one. Driver refused to and customer support claimed it never has been reported before and it was my responsibility to stop the text from fading. That was that.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 4:19 pm)Jamie M Had to buy a new one. Driver refused to and customer support claimed it never has been reported before and it was my responsibility to stop the text from fading. That was that.

Is it not worth you purchasing your initial ticket on the key online, and then topping it up on the bus when you need it beyond then?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 4:42 pm)Adrian Is it not worth you purchasing your initial ticket on the key online, and then topping it up on the bus when you need it beyond then?
I bought it when I was on the under 18 key card so still only have the one option. I'm buying a year key ticket at the travel centre soon so that should end all text fading issues. Pretty disappointed at the support I received for this though!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 01 Sep 2016

People sharing bloody Christmas stuff on Facebook, September has just started!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 7:50 pm)Michael People sharing bloody Christmas stuff on Facebook, September has just started!

It's Christmas next week, you know!!!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Michael - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 8:45 pm)BusLoverMum It's Christmas next week, you know!!!

I haven't even started!, looks like a last min shop again!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 01 Sep 2016

(01 Sep 2016, 8:47 pm)Michael I haven't even started!, looks like a last min shop again!

I must get the sprouts on to boil, tomorrow, or else they'll be rock hard.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 02 Sep 2016

This is from Wednesday.

Was working at 0830 - 1630 / 1830 - 2130 split shift, with the second person due in on a 1330 - 2130 shift.

At 1320 shop phone rings, my co-worker tells me that they can't come into day for private reasons (company still needs at reason).

Get pissed off because I couldn't find any staff to help me as two other people had also rang in sick elsewhere in the area. End result was I managed to get someone to work for 30 minutes so I can at least have a break and eat my lunch, but effectively I worked from 0830 - 2130 with a 30 minute break.

Before people say, anyone can be sick etc. This person has a track record of doing stuff like this, and proceedure is actually to phone in as soon as they know someone is in the shop which is half an hour before opening (I was in from 0830 for 9am opening). A few months ago they rang in sick, and a customer later spotted them with their partner later on that day at the Metrocentre.

As a result of getting pissed off, I hit the till in rage and nearly broke my hand.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Andreos1 - 02 Sep 2016

(02 Sep 2016, 12:59 am)GMitchelhill This is from Wednesday.

Was working at 0830 - 1630 / 1830 - 2130 split shift, with the second person due in on a 1330 - 2130 shift.

At 1320 shop phone rings, my co-worker tells me that they can't come into day for private reasons (company still needs at reason).

Get pissed off because I couldn't find any staff to help me as two other people had also rang in sick elsewhere in the area. End result was I managed to get someone to work for 30 minutes so I can at least have a break and eat my lunch, but effectively I worked from 0830 - 2130 with a 30 minute break.

Before people say, anyone can be sick etc. This person has a track record of doing stuff like this, and proceedure is actually to phone in as soon as they know someone is in the shop which is half an hour before opening (I was in from 0830 for 9am opening). A few months ago they rang in sick, and a customer later spotted them with their partner later on that day at the Metrocentre.

As a result of getting pissed off, I hit the till in rage and nearly broke my hand.
What about the till?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - James101 - 02 Sep 2016

Budget Rent a Car! 

The handbreak failed on our rental car, smashing up the front end - which was getting off lightly as if we hadn't hit a rock we would have rolled into the sea. 

Inevitably, they've decided the car cannot have been at fault and have charged me over £800 for the scary experience and a broken foot!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 03 Sep 2016

The 0528 1 is never on time. Every week it always turns up at least 10 minutes late. Good job I don't start work until 0700.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 03 Sep 2016

Raining in Blackpool.

Unable to keep the camera lens dry enough to take photos, either collects too much of the rain or steams up and the cloth I use is soaking, even after trying to use the heat from a Stagecoach Olympian engine to dry it out.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 03 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 2:02 pm)Jimmi Raining in Blackpool.

Unable to keep the camera lens dry enough to take photos, either collects too much of the rain or steams up and the cloth I use is soaking, even after trying to use the heat from a Stagecoach Olympian engine to dry it out.

Neither the camera or lens are waterproof, so I'd be careful using it at all.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 03 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm)Adrian Neither the camera or lens are waterproof, so I'd be careful using it at all.
For a number of reasons this is why I prefer my mobile, phone has to have decent autofocus and a few settings to be anything close to dslr like. I always find those big cameras with lenses to be clumsy especially when on public transport or whatever.

Anyway, I bought a pair of classic vans because my old trainers were falling to pieces. I had to then dash into the car before it rained to figure that I no longer can be exposed to the elements, losing that water proof aspect to my own self. I was going to find other shops later to order a new pair of all-weather shoes but just did it online as it started pouring it down. Also those shop's lighting proper messes witu my head and vision. Guess until it is good enough to collect my shoes from the stores I'm bound to indoors, which isn't ideal with college resuming soon.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 03 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm)Jamie M For a number of reasons this is why I prefer my mobile, phone has to have decent autofocus and a few settings to be anything close to dslr like. I always find those big cameras with lenses to be clumsy especially when on public transport or whatever.

Anyway, I bought a pair of classic vans because my old trainers were falling to pieces. I had to then dash into the car before it rained to figure that I no longer can be exposed to the elements, losing that water proof aspect to my own self. I was going to find other shops later to order a new pair of all-weather shoes but just did it online as it started pouring it down. Also those shop's lighting proper messes witu my head and vision. Guess until it is good enough to collect my shoes from the stores I'm bound to indoors, which isn't ideal with college resuming soon.

You will not find any phone camera that performs anywhere close to a DSLR.

DSLRs are fine when you're used to them, and of course if you look after them. I've had mine since 2011, and I've barely had a problem with it, nor has it got a scratch on it. It's well worth investing in, as what you're taking photos of will not be around forever.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 03 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm)Jamie M For a number of reasons this is why I prefer my mobile, phone has to have decent autofocus and a few settings to be anything close to dslr like. I always find those big cameras with lenses to be clumsy especially when on public transport or whatever.

Yeah, I fully understand the Vans Classics issue in this weather as I have a few pairs of them and have stupidly opted for a pair today, yeah my feet are soaking, as you can see here.
[Image: c2bcd846162002875d20842f906bd156.jpg]

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 03 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm)Adrian You will not find any phone camera that performs anywhere close to a DSLR.

DSLRs are fine when you're used to them, and of course if you look after them. I've had mine since 2011, and I've barely had a problem with it, nor has it got a scratch on it. It's well worth investing in, as what you're taking photos of will not be around forever.
Aye, I agree with quality decrease but don't think it's worth the difference with the quality that my S6 already takes combined with the fact that I don't need to cart around a bag. It's down to personal preference cause I insist on travelling as light as possible. I don't take a bag, just my wallet/phone/keys/phone charger all in my pockets which fit comfortably.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Tom - 03 Sep 2016

Not annoying as such but - This is horrible Sad http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/wallsend-death-neighbours-tell-shock-11838369
RIP

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Rapidsnap - 04 Sep 2016

(03 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm)Adrian You will not find any phone camera that performs anywhere close to a DSLR.

Bridge Cameras such as my Canon SX410 Powershot are just as good, it's just what you used to having used pocket digital cameras over the last few years, I'm impressed with my bridge camera, and it's compact enough for me. I find DSLR camera's too bulky.

But one gripe for me is people who use their phones or ipads etc as their main camera. Give your head a wobble, camera's on phones are not a good thing to use to photo buses, the timing is bad on a lot of phone, just look at some of the tripe uploaded to the crap facebook groups where you either see an extremely blurred photo of a bus, or the top right hand corner of a bus. The only time I use my phone to photo buses is if I haven't got a camera and I'm caught out by a new vehicle or unusual working (which could have applied today if the MMC remained on the 71 for more than one journey this morning), or if I want to send a picture over Social Media to quickly show a friend. Plus you look a little bit daft photoing with a phone, especially if someone phones you whilst you are taking a photo. Though people using Ipad to take photos look even stupider, you may as well take a tea tray. In my opinion you are not a proper photographer if you don't own a proper standalone camera.