North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 16 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 10:11 pm)Ambassador I'm having to go to Edinburgh on short notice tomorrow with work (on call joy)

Travel have booked me on a train without checking and I stupidly accepted.

East Coast mainline is closed between Berwick and Alnwick, so I've a whopping 3hr 6min journey from Newcastle to Edinburgh....I'm not best pleased!
That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 17 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.

If you book online, and its an advance purchase, do you not use the print at home function.  Tickets come by email and you just print them off onto a normal sheet of paper.  Saves all the hassle of going to collect them.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 17 Sep 2016

(17 Sep 2016, 5:19 am)citaro5284 If you book online, and its an advance purchase, do you not use the print at home function.  Tickets come by email and you just print them off onto a normal sheet of paper.  Saves all the hassle of going to collect them.

Normally I select "collect from station" option and get them before departing the station on the date of travel, the above situation only occurred owing to a change of date, so I had to venture to Darlington Rail Station in order to get those original tickets in order to travel on my new date. Can't do print at home because I don't have a printer.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - NK53 TKT - 17 Sep 2016

(16 Sep 2016, 10:18 pm)Jimmi That's the reason I decided to opt out of Lothian Buses Open Doors Day this year as I didn't fancy sitting on the train from Darlington to Edinburgh for that long. Now going at the end of October when the works have finished - an update is that I have now sorted out my ticket problems, picked up the original tickets from Darlington Rail Station yesterday evening.

That is the reason I am doing that Tongue  
Quite cheap when I booked it

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Ambassador - 18 Sep 2016

I ditched my return train from Virgin, booked a Cross Country and hoping for something interesting on the rail replacement.

I can't hack three hours to Edinburgh again

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 18 Sep 2016

(18 Sep 2016, 12:57 am)Ambassador I ditched my return train from Virgin, booked a Cross Country and hoping for something interesting on the rail replacement.

I can't hack three hours to Edinburgh again

Whatever turns up on rail replacement, it's only taking you as far as Berwick?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 20 Sep 2016

Every morning being told I've exceeded my daily Wi-Fi allowance, when all I've done is refresh my facebook feed. Getting beyond a joke now.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - omnicity4659 - 20 Sep 2016

(20 Sep 2016, 6:59 am)MVK 500R Every morning being told I've exceeded my daily Wi-Fi allowance, when all I've done is refresh my facebook feed. Getting beyond a joke now.

That's what happens to me too, and it seems to be for everyone on the vehicle too.

When you log in later in the day on the same route then it works.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - neilwatson - 20 Sep 2016

Being sworn at by an idiotic bus passenger because he couldn't sit beside me because my bag was there. Or to put it a different way he could of if he'd asked politely instead of throwing his toys out the pram. If I see a more impolite person than him I'll eat the entire bus fleet.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 20 Sep 2016

(20 Sep 2016, 6:39 pm)neilwatson Being sworn at by an idiotic bus passenger because he couldn't sit beside me because my bag was there. Or to put it a different way he could of if he'd asked politely instead of throwing his toys out the pram. If I see a more impolite person than him I'll eat the entire bus fleet.

Of course, if the bus was filling up, you could have pre-emptively moved your bag Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - neilwatson - 20 Sep 2016

(20 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm)BusLoverMum Of course, if the bus was filling up, you could have pre-emptively moved your bag Smile

Maybe but it wasn't covering the entire seat so he still had a chance to sit down.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 21 Sep 2016

(20 Sep 2016, 10:00 pm)neilwatson Maybe but it wasn't covering the entire seat so he still had a chance to sit down.

I'm sure you'd have been thrilled if he'd sat on your bag. Courtesy works best in both directions.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 21 Sep 2016

People's expectations.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 21 Sep 2016

(21 Sep 2016, 2:05 pm)BusLoverMum I'm sure you'd have been thrilled if he'd sat on your bag. Courtesy works best in both directions.

Yes I agree, but I often feel that the layout of buses doesn't help matters either. If I'm carrying my work bag, then I've nowhere to put it on a bus. Most luggage racks are now filled with Metro newspaper racks. As I need to carry two laptops around with me for work, it's a bit bulky/heavy to have on my lap for the journey.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 21 Sep 2016

(21 Sep 2016, 4:57 pm)Adrian Yes I agree, but I often feel that the layout of buses doesn't help matters either. If I'm carrying my work bag, then I've nowhere to put it on a bus. Most luggage racks are now filled with Metro newspaper racks. As I need to carry two laptops around with me for work, it's a bit bulky/heavy to have on my lap for the journey.

Aye, it's a pain in the arse, for sure, particularly when the floor is too filthy, usually with spilt drinks, to put bags down on the floor. That's usually fault of previous inconsiderate passengers, though.

Tge 64 is worst, particularly when it fills up with both shoppers and students.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 22 Sep 2016

(21 Sep 2016, 5:30 pm)BusLoverMum Aye, it's a pain in the arse, for sure, particularly when the floor is too filthy, usually with spilt drinks, to put bags down on the floor. That's usually fault of previous inconsiderate passengers, though.

Tge 64 is worst, particularly when it fills up with both shoppers and students.

I just spent ages trying to figure out what company 'tge' was, before realising you meant 'the' >.<
The GNE 8/78 are the worst for this, though. Whenever I get on one it's full of bits of food and drink all over the chairs as well as the wrappers etc. The northerns mainly just have wrappers and tickets all over - still wouldn't want anything other than my shoes touching the floor, though!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - BusLoverMum - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 7:51 am)Jamie M I just spent ages trying to figure out what company 'tge' was, before realising you meant 'the' >.<
The GNE 8/78 are the worst for this, though. Whenever I get on one it's full of bits of food and drink all over the chairs as well as the wrappers etc. The northerns mainly just have wrappers and tickets all over - still wouldn't want anything other than my shoes touching the floor, though!

Sorry. Fat fingers combined with a thick phone!

Aye, the C&C are often bogging.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 22 Sep 2016

I was stepping on to 5337 and the doors slammed, nearly jamming me.
First time a bus has tried to kill me.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Y935 ERG - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 6:16 pm)Jamie M I was stepping on to 5337 and the doors slammed, nearly jamming me.
First time a bus has tried to kill me.

Driver nearly closed the doors on me when I had 5325 on the 56.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - MVK 500R - 22 Sep 2016

(22 Sep 2016, 6:18 pm)Y935 ERG Driver nearly closed the doors on me when I had 5325 on the 56.
Could be worse, could be the mid 80's where buses fitted with centre doors would try and kill you on a daily basis