North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V4 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V4 (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Oct 2016

Not even half 8 and I have already made myself look a tit and peed everyone off, Wh-Smith's in Darlington Railway Station tried charging me £3.98 for two 500ml bottles of Cherry Coke even though they are in a buy one get one half price offer, still don't want to pay nearly £3 but I'm thirsty! Despite shouting at the self service till, it was still trying to charge me £3.98 which I weren't having, so I put them back and stormed out of the shop. £3.98.

Things haven't improved on my train to Leeds either, some lass is in my reserved seat and is acting like she can't hear what I'm saying, so I have had to walk down right down this Voyager to find an inside seat that isn't next to someone, knowing my luck when we get to York I am going to get told to move by however someone who has this reserved seat.

As such, both incidents have made me very angry and awakened all my stress and anxiety issues, great! Sad

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - LeeCalder - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 7:28 am)Jimmi Not even half 8 and I have already made myself look a tit and peed everyone off, Wh-Smith's in Darlington Railway Station tried charging me £3.98 for two 500ml bottles of Cherry Coke even though they are in a buy one get one half price offer, still don't want to pay nearly £3 but I'm thirsty! Despite shouting at the self service till, it was still trying to charge me £3.98 which I weren't having, so I put them back and stormed out of the shop. £3.98.

Things haven't improved on my train to Leeds either, some lass is in my reserved seat and is acting like she can't hear what I'm saying, so I have had to walk down right down this Voyager to find an inside seat that isn't next to someone, knowing my luck when we get to York I am going to get told to move by however someone who has this reserved seat.

As such, both incidents have made me very angry and awakened all my stress and anxiety issues, great! Sad

On the majority of self service tills, you have to proceed to payment before it knocks the money off.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 9:24 am)LeeCalder On the majority of self service tills, you have to proceed to payment before it knocks the money off.

I find that W H Smith is a rip off, I only use the place for papers and magazines. I normally just go elsewhere for food or drink.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 10:22 am)Charles41 I find that W H Smith is a rip off, I only use the place for papers and magazines. I normally just go elsewhere for food or drink.

I agree, but it's sometimes difficult at stations and such, when there's not a lot of choice.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 10:54 am)Adrian I agree, but it's sometimes difficult at stations and such, when there's not a lot of choice.
And it's all about 5x the price of the nearest shop in town.
Greggs are increasingly at transport hubs, now. May cost a bit, but at least you know it's flat rate!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Oct 2016

I do normally avoid there but had little in the way of alternatives at Darlington Rail Station this morning, made worse by the fact I don't like coffee.

In regards to Lee's reply, from my experiences at least, self service tills normally puts offers in either as you scan them or the stage after that, today I got up to the stage where it was select payment method and it was still wanting £3.98.

My annoyances seem to be getting on everyone's nerves now, so I now feel like I'm going to have to stop but I got myself into a right state this morning and it seems like if I continue down the path I'm going down, I am going to end up with everyone either wanting nothing to do with me or just ripping me to shreads behind my back. Now at the stage where as well as getting annoyed, I am also worrying about what people are making of it and I am just getting worse as every day seems to pass.

Sorry to those who are sick of me but thanks to the people who are willing to put up with me moaning.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Charles41 - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 11:19 am)Jimmi I do normally avoid there but had little in the way of alternatives at Darlington Rail Station this morning, made worse by the fact I don't like coffee.

In regards to Lee's reply, from my experiences at least, self service tills normally puts offers in either as you scan them or the stage after that, today I got up to the stage where it was select payment method and it was still wanting £3.98.

My annoyances seem to be getting on everyone's nerves now, so I now feel like I'm going to have to stop but I got myself into a right state this morning and it seems like if I continue down the path I'm going down, I am going to end up with everyone either wanting nothing to do with me or just ripping me to shreads behind my back. Now at the stage where as well as getting annoyed, I am also worrying about what people are making of it and I am just getting worse as every day seems to pass.

Sorry to those who are sick of me but thanks to the people who are willing to put up with me moaning.

Personally I find self-service tills very annoying to us and try to avoid them. I also feel they are merely a way of generating even large profits for retailers and cutting back on jobs. I prefer old fashioned face to face customer service. There's been a couple of times when I've given up when using self-service tills and went elsewhere.

Jimmi - I wouldn't feel bad with yourself about it, we all have had experiences with technology letting us down.

Charles

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 08 Oct 2016

Whilst the issue this morning annoyed me, it's now the whole people being annoyed with me thing that has badly impacted me today and is praying on my mind really badly and has left me feeling awful.

I'm aware I am still moaning.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 08 Oct 2016

(08 Oct 2016, 3:31 pm)Jimmi Whilst the issue this morning annoyed me, it's now the whole people being annoyed with me thing that has badly impacted me today and is praying on my mind really badly and has left me feeling awful.

I'm aware I am still moaning.
I used to be exactly like that until very recently, but I just realised that people generally don't care - the ones who do and judge aren't worth thinking about in such ways. It's an odd mix of being a bit more self centred and blind. You let others control what you do because of speculative thought, whereas in reality it doesn't matter - the added benefit that you aren't likely to even see and remember the people again.
Easier said than done, but it's the irrationality that makes it harder to not worry about.
My example is that I never used to be able to bring myself to speak to drivers on buses if a single soul was on-board or even the driver for the same anxiety-based reason, now I can do it and the drivers often talk to me as I walk on. I don't care what my fellow passengers think or judgements they make of me and it allows me to do so much that I restricted myself from in the past. A perhaps obscure example, dunno if it helped, but hope you can somewhat relate.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Oct 2016

Can't adjust the volume on my iPod

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - citaro5284 - 11 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 1:42 pm)Jimmi Can't adjust the volume on my iPod

Are you an Apple kind of guy?

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 11 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 5:38 pm)citaro5284 Are you an Apple kind of guy?
Not really.

Probably won't be wanting much more Apple products as it seems the dial has gone completely, can't adjust the volume, can't select artists/songs/albums, unless the issue can be resolved, essentially it's stuck on a certain volume and can only do album shuffle. Only had it two years, it's broken before I've even put all my music on it. Fuming!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 12 Oct 2016

(11 Oct 2016, 8:58 pm)Jimmi Not really.

Probably won't be wanting much more Apple products as it seems the dial has gone completely, can't adjust the volume, can't select artists/songs/albums, unless the issue can be resolved, essentially it's stuck on a certain volume and can only do album shuffle. Only had it two years, it's broken before I've even put all my music on it. Fuming!
I put 1995 songs on my phone in 4 hours, do you have like an 8 figure song collection or something 😛?
Anyway, I gave up on apple after my 3GS was retired due to lack of support. Phone is great but no apps work anymore. Prefer it to my SGS6. Even on the newer iPhones, the home button breaking seems to be a common issue.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 12 Oct 2016

(12 Oct 2016, 3:32 pm)Jamie M I put 1995 songs on my phone in 4 hours, do you have like an 8 figure song collection or something 😛?
Anyway, I gave up on apple after my 3GS was retired due to lack of support. Phone is great but no apps work anymore. Prefer it to my SGS6. Even on the newer iPhones, the home button breaking seems to be a common issue.
I have either 5 or 6 digits worth of songs on it, the more I added, the slower and more unresponsive it became with it becoming incredibly dim witted recently. Probably didn't help that it was the display model in Curry's Digital at Sunderland which is where I bought it from.

Unfortunately the iPod Classic was discontinued at the time I bought it which of course a lacking of a alternative music device which has the same level of storage (160 GB) meant that it sent music lovers into having into swiftly buying them up when it was announced it was no longer being made, unfortunately they were also bought up by people wanting to take advantage of this and charge people silly money for them, just seen a listing on Amazon for one which is charging £595!

I really don't know what to do, as unless I go down the pre-owned route, I can't buy a replacement and there is no other portable devices avaliable that can hold the amount of music I have, could maybe see if it's possible to have it repaired but I don't know how to look into that or where could possibly repair it.

Unfortunately, my iPod is one of the things that keeps me going and I am currently lost with the fact that it is not working.

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 12 Oct 2016

(12 Oct 2016, 4:21 pm)Jimmi I have either 5 or 6 digits worth of songs on it, the more I added, the slower and more unresponsive it became with it becoming incredibly dim witted recently. Probably didn't help that it was the display model in Curry's Digital at Sunderland which is where I bought it from.

Unfortunately the iPod Classic was discontinued at the time I bought it which of course a lacking of a alternative music device which has the same level of storage (160 GB) meant that it sent music lovers into having into swiftly buying them up when it was announced it was no longer being made, unfortunately they were also bought up by people wanting to take advantage of this and charge people silly money for them, just seen a listing on Amazon for one which is charging £595!

I really don't know what to do, as unless I go down the pre-owned route, I can't buy a replacement and there is no other portable devices avaliable that can hold the amount of music I have, could maybe see if it's possible to have it repaired but I don't know how to look into that or where could possibly repair it.

Unfortunately, my iPod is one of the things that keeps me going and I am currently lost with the fact that it is not working.
You could buy MP3s which supports microSD cards which have vast space and are tiny, probably under 100£ for loads of storage and a device which works well.

What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Oct 2016

Woman on the 9, I moved to the back of the bus as you and your family are loud and annoying as hell, so stop turning round and giving me hacky looks!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Adrian - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 12:28 pm)Jimmi Woman on the 9, I moved to the back of the bus as you and your family are loud and annoying as hell, so stop turning round and giving me hacky looks!

Does she use this forum like? Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jimmi - 15 Oct 2016

(15 Oct 2016, 6:15 pm)Adrian Does she use this forum like?
I certainly hope not!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Jamie M - 15 Oct 2016

Don't go to blackhall mill race if you're an arachnid or by other means hate crawling things. I can see this is nexus' attempt to increase biodiversity amongst the buses and stops they overlook!

RE: What's annoying you today? V4 - Brian13 - 19 Oct 2016

Firstly I was waiting at Heworth to catch a 4 to the Galleries. The 1557 one didn't turn up nor did the 1607 one. Or not until 1620 when 3 came in at once. One went off NIS and the one I got on which was 10 minutes late stopped for ages at Glebe and then took forever at Concord as the replacement driver didn't show up. This meant I missed the 50 at the Galleries as the driver pulled away when I got to the doors.And now I will miss my X46 to my Grandma's house or I'll have to take out a bank loan to get on the 46 as I've only got my Pop card and Key card. I'm not happy at all